• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strange things guests say

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
I think there was a thread about this a month or so ago, but I want to get it started again (it beats packing since we have to check out in a couple hours.:mad:).

While riding the resort monorail and approaching the Poly:
Guest: "This is the Animal Kingdom Lodge, animals come right up to your room."

While standing in line for a snack at DHS:
Guest: "The last time I was here it was MGM. That's before it became Disney property.":rotfl:

Sitting in Columbia Harbor House, a family beside us is talking about what rides they want to try to get done. One of the guys says, "So far each ride is taking about an hour. We have 11 rides left, so that is 11 hours. It is 2(pm) now, so in 11 hours it will be 3(am)." :teacher: :confused: :lmao: I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

While in the Magic Kingdom I heard a guest ask a CM, "Where is that new Harry Potter Ride? I don't see it on my map." :headache:

Some of my favorites are the "I remember when..." things I have heard over the years. I will not repeat the opening but just follow along.

...the Hall of Presidents was at EPCOT.

...you used to be able to sit in the gingerbread house at the GF, and they had a tray of cookies inside for you to snack on.

...you could walk right up to the Magic Kingdom and didn't have to take the ferry or the monorail.

That is all I can remember right now but have heard many more over the years.

Dan

Back in 2007 on our first trip to WDW, we were at AK in the morning, there was a mid 20s gentleman with a younger child, had their map open, as we walk by, we hear the gentleman say, "where is that big @@# tree that is supposed to be here??? WOW, we still laugh to this day.:lmao:

Took my best friend and her family a few years back. We were in Animal Kingdom back in the Africa section and she loudly proclaimed, while pointing at one of the CM's...

"Loooook! A REAL LIVE AFRICAN!"

At the 360 degree movie in China at Epcot:

"I guess they couldn't afford to install seats like the French movie"

All of these are great. I can't wait to read more. :)

In Magic Kingdom, "I guess they moved Star Tours, it used to be here."

I'm going to guess that they had previously been to Disneyland?

Took my best friend and her family a few years back. We were in Animal Kingdom back in the Africa section and she loudly proclaimed, while pointing at one of the CM's...

"Loooook! A REAL LIVE AFRICAN!"

*facepalm*

Not a guest, but a co-worker...

Her: You goin to disney this year?
Me: no, not this year
Her: we've been thinking about going to Disney and getting on that Harry Potter ride! You ever been on it?
Me: no, HP is at Universal.
Her: (confused look) I thought Universal was a Disney park.
Me: no, its separate. If you really plan on going, come talk to me and I will give you some tips.

:lmao: I guess it's not nice to laugh but I couldnt help it. I wonder how many people don't research their trips and go expecting things like that?

I'm gonna tattle on my dh. We just got back Saturday night. This was his first trip. He kept calling Spaceship Earth, Epcot.

I just kept smiling and giggling when he wasn't watching.

*evil grin*

On the monorail from TTC to MK, there was a man and woman and their little girl. When we got to the wedding pavillion, Cinderella's coach was outside and the woman said "Seriously?! That's so GAY!"

:eek::eek::eek:

1) I HATE when people use that term to describe something they don't like (and there were impressionable kids present, too!!!) :scared:

2)Who in the H E double hockey sticks comes to Disney if they don't LOVE all things DISNEY (or at the VERY least can keep their mouths shut and their opinions to themselves about choices other Disney fanatics make)!!!!! Stay home if you don't like it!! :furious:

(Of course, this is the same couple who minutes before had just spanked their little girl for being tired and whiney...):confused:

One trip we overheard a little boy say "boring, boring, boring" and pointing at everything he could in Epcot until one of his parental units snapped and told him if he said "boring" one more time, they were going straight home. The little kid looks down and you can just tell he is whispering the word to test his parents.

In the bus, this one loud woman was proclaiming how she hadn't been to DHS (which she, of course, called MGM) since it opened but her favorite ride was "Terror of Tower." I think she got the timeline a little blurry and the name too.

In the bus, this one loud woman was proclaiming how she hadn't been to DHS (which she, of course, called MGM) since it opened but her favorite ride was "Terror of Tower." I think she got the timeline a little blurry and the name too.

Given my experience on ToT I'd say she was pretty accurate. :rotfl: I generally refer to it as the "slingshot to He!!", and my kids call it "that ride Dad thought he was going to prison for killing Mom on" My hubby and older boys love it (both the ride and the making fun of me).

Sitting on the Poly beach, watching the MK fireworks:

Father and young son (maybe 8 or 9 years old) behind us on the walkway. The father says, “Look….there are the Epcot fireworks”. The son says, “But Dad, that’s the castle…”. And the father replies, “Yes, I know that’s the castle, but the fireworks are coming from Epcot”.

That was about 8 years ago, but we still laugh about it!

On the monorail from TTC to MK, there was a man and woman and their little girl. When we got to the wedding pavillion, Cinderella's coach was outside and the woman said "Seriously?! That's so GAY!"

Unless we make a big production out of it, this what the dictionary has to say about the word you found offensive -

"having or showing a merry, lively mood", "bright or showy", "given to or abounding in social or other pleasures".

Seems to relate to most weddings I've been to.

In Germany at the World Showcase. "Ah, Germany.... Home of World War II." Ya, that's totally all there is there.... :rotfl:

Unless we make a big production out of it, this what the dictionary has to say about the word you found offensive -

"having or showing a merry, lively mood", "bright or showy", "given to or abounding in social or other pleasures".

Yes, but unfortunatly, I'm about 99.9% sure she didn't mean it that way.

Sounds like that person was using the term as a pejorative.

When kids, teenagers and adults alike steer clear of using the term "gay" in order to demean and hurt, you'll have a point. Until then, dictionary definitions mean nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter