Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

Wishing our friend Pamela a wonderful and magical birthday today!

pam_Bildgre%20ndern_zpsedzzbeah.jpg

Last edited:

Wishing our friend Pamela a wonderful and magical birthday today!

pam_Bildgre%20ndern_zpsedzzbeah.jpg

Happy birthday Pam!!

:flower1::cake::flower1:Happy Birthday Pam!!!:flower1::cake::flower1:

Happy birthday. I hope you are having a magical day.

Corinna

Happy birthday!!!!!

I missed it yesterday, I hope you had a magical day!

Thank you all so much!!!

My mom came down from Maryland and we had tons of fun together. On Tuesday we went to Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review and it was a perfect birthday celebration! So funny and so much delicious food! popcorn:: popcorn:: We were both too full to wander around the parks so we just went home and watched Doctor Strange.

Mom had to go back home last night and I'm back to work. Work who is giving me a hard time about taking too much vacation. This might be the breaking point with this job, I will NOT be denied my vacation time.

Here are some pictures from my birthday outing at Fort Wilderness. We wandered around looking at the horses first. It is very hard for me not to touch them, I love animals.

This guy's name is Strawberry and apparently he ate too much lunch. We would be feeling the pain ourselves later :laughing:

It was really hot out and they were just enjoying the weather.

It was fun to see them get baths. They don't give their handlers any trouble at all. They get bathed each day they work.

A CM shared that this guy is the horse for the headless horseman. I thought that was very cool.

We went to the 4:00 show, and they ask you to be there 30 minutes ahead of time to check in.

We had a perfect table center stage one row back.

They start you off with salad and corn bread already on the table. We both loved the salad, it was almost exactly like Olive Garden, just with more cheese.

The chef brought me a special gluten free corn bread, it was fabulous. Mom enjoyed the regular bread as well.

Regular corn kernels in butter and mashed potatoes are brought. Baked beans are usually brought as well but they must be cooked with meat because we were told they wouldn't bring us any. They were really good mashed potatoes, and corn is always good.

For our entrees mom spied portobello mushrooms on the vegetable entree and asked for only those. The chef put lots of marinated white mushrooms as well, sadly those went uneaten because mom didn't like the marinade.

I had the salmon which unnecessarily came with vegetables. It had very little flavor but tasted fabulous with the rest of the salad.

The show went on throughout dinner, I actually felt a little rushed eating because I wanted to watch the show and eat. I think I might have been one of the last people eating in the whole place... the show was hilarious though, we were laughing out loud. It's a silly slapstick comedy type thing.

For dessert they usually do a strawberry shortcake which mom said was fantastic!

and they gave me a gluten free chocolate chip cookie on top of strawberries and whipped cream. It was ok, but not fabulous. The cookie was hard and I don't care for the whipped cream they use, it's not real cream.

It was nice they include the tip in the price upfront because everyone could run out afterwards. We waddled out... We had planned to maybe go to one of the parks afterwards but we were so full we just went home. I saw these beautiful horses and was tempted to do a carriage ride but there were lots of people in the wagon and we passed.

We will be back to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue in the future, it was great fun with very yummy vittles!

I also have exciting future vacation news. We booked a Fantasy cruise for next August and will be cruising with very good friends Karin and Tom. The very same Karin and Tom who made this Panama Canal cruise extra special. Mom and I are beyond excited to be cruising with them again :hyper: :cool1: party: :banana: That does mean my TA plans are going to be bumped to 2019, but cruising with Karin and Tom again trumps a TA any day :teeth:

Oh, and I loved the birthday update! LOVE to see all the photos - gets me so excited. 142 days and we will be back to WDW too!

Great birthday update. Nice to see they had so many options for you. Gluten free corn bread is great since white flour is not that important to a good one. I'm sure they put bacon in the beans or at least ham hocks.

So envious of your cruise with Karin and Tom. I'd love if we could join you but alas, still not able to plan trips. I'll have to suffice with working on yours for September!

Love the update. Starberry what a cute name for a horse. How funny lying on the floor full and content. How it warms my heart to know they are treated so nicely. Baths every day. Wonderful.

The restaurant looks fun. Nothing like a bit of slap stick! Not offensive or crude. The food looks good. I like corn bread we are corn bread shy in the UK. I am thrilled they did gluten free.

Shame Mum did not like her sauce. But salad looks good. As does Mom's dessert! Sorry your cookie was as dry as the ground the horses were rolling in...

Love the photos of you and Mom.

Great news on your Fantasy cruise with Karin and Tom. I am delighted for you. TA 2019 will be great. It's good to have things in the pipeline.

The HDDR is a fantastic place to celebrate a birthday!! And the food is delicious. I loved the fried chicken (I know, neither vegetarian nor gluten free, but really good). We visited FW a few times when we stayed at VWL in December and I really loved exploring there, such a peaceful atmosphere.

Great news on the cruise with Karin! And hopefully the 2019 will have better itineraries for you anyway! We are still undecided and might end up pushing our plans for a TA into 2019 as well. I feel like I need to do some travel that is not Disney in 2018, especially I want to visit the UK before it becomes a huge hassle for us Europeans to go there (if it does, but currently no one knows what the consequences of Brexit are going to be, but we now know that March 29, 2019 is the end date for EU membership of the UK).

Loved your birthday update!!!!!!!

Keep us posted for your TA plans. We may be very interested in 2019!!!

I LOVE the horse pictures -- my favorite creature next to a dog!!! Do they just let you go there to see them, or do you have to book a riding session?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!