Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Do watch how many dining credits you are charged if you use the dining plan. We discovered today that we were charged two and when we had someone look into it, she could see that they are still charging at two credits as if the restaurant is the signature that it was.
Wonder why yours was done that way when others have not been? I mean, I can see how the error could happen if the computer system wasn't updated but wouldn't ALL DP users be charged 2 in that case?

Wonder why yours was done that way when others have not been? I mean, I can see how the error could happen if the computer system wasn't updated but wouldn't ALL DP users be charged 2 in that case?

Who knows! This place is a comedy of errors that can strike at any time, lol. All I know is that a front desk CM looked it up for me a couple of hours ago and said that the restaurant is still showing up as two credits for her. She told me that the computer system *wasn't* yet updated (and that perhaps it would be for 2019) but obviously I'm not a CM and I can't see what she saw. It's not something I noticed on the night, it wasn't until I looked through my DP allocation earlier today that I noticed I was out four TS credits, and it turned out Artist Point was the culprit.

If anyone goes to this resturant with a child under 3 can you please report back on how food worked with them? I'm wondering if this meal will be like Akershus and Bon Voyage for children under 3 where they are allowed to order off the kids meal free of charge or if they will be expected to share off of mom and dads plate or pay full price for a meal of their own.

Thanks!

i really like the tree canopy with lights. i think it looks very well executed. looks like a nice laid back character meal. presentation regardless of how food tastes looks pretty awesome. i really like the leather menu touch. very very cool.

we might have to look into trying it in june. hopefully they don't dumb it down. the veal looked pretty good. i'm a big veal fan. i like my hearty ossobuco type meals in the winter.

the prime rib in the one review didn't look good but in another review it looked good.

remember when the prime rib at CRT was good. i miss those days. that was many many years ago though now. maybe if this somewhat new style of character meal becomes widely popular it will overflow to other character meals. the presentation was pretty impressive overall i feel.

i really like the tree canopy with lights. i think it looks very well executed. looks like a nice laid back character meal. presentation regardless of how food tastes looks pretty awesome. i really like the leather menu touch. very very cool.

we might have to look into trying it in june. hopefully they don't dumb it down. the veal looked pretty good. i'm a big veal fan. i like my hearty ossobuco type meals in the winter.

the prime rib in the one review didn't look good but in another review it looked good.

remember when the prime rib at CRT was good. i miss those days. that was many many years ago though now. maybe if this somewhat new style of character meal becomes widely popular it will overflow to other character meals. the presentation was pretty impressive overall i feel.
My prime rib rib was delicious.

I think that is just the nature of prime rib
Some whole prime rib are better than others and as such, some slices better than others

Some whole prime rib are better than others and as such, some slices better than others
I agree. What I was implying was you need to go for urself and see. Just like a bone in rib eye for one person might be beautiful and another not so hot. I have seen this before at a restaurant when with others at the same table.

Yup. The same piece of Ribeye can produce 2 totally different eating experiences. One end, the Chuck end which is connected to the Chuck is fattier but in my opinion more flavorful. The other end, the Sirloin end which as you probably can guess is connected to the Sirloin is leaner but not quite as tasty in my opinion. If you don't like all the fat in a Ribeye request a slice from the Sirloin end.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone dines there as one adult, one child, I'd love to know how the appetizers/desserts worked; does the adult just get one of each to try and the child get something different or do you get two of each and the child gets their own?

I'd also love to know about the kids under 3 and what choices they were given (do they share off adults plate or are they able to order something for free?) Debating another reservation for myself and my other little one (really just so I can try more than one entree!)

I am going tomorrow evening with my 8 year old daughter. I will let you know what they do with the apps. I am truly hoping it's at least one of each dessert as she will be quite sad if she doesn't get to try those desserts. She even likes shrimp and would find the cauldron soup with the marshmallow skewer fun.

I am going tomorrow evening with my 8 year old daughter. I will let you know what they do with the apps. I am truly hoping it's at least one of each dessert as she will be quite sad if she doesn't get to try those desserts. She even likes shrimp and would find the cauldron soup with the marshmallow skewer fun.
Please report back to let us know all about your experience.

I'm pretty sure I read a review that said kids got each of the adult appetizers and desserts as well as a veggie platter that was the kid's appetizer.

Is anyone else having issues booking this location? I just tried and no dates were available for me but I was able to go out to June 19th for other restaurants:oops:

Doug :goofy:

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone dines there as one adult, one child, I'd love to know how the appetizers/desserts worked; does the adult just get one of each to try and the child get something different or do you get two of each and the child gets their own?

I'd also love to know about the kids under 3 and what choices they were given (do they share off adults plate or are they able to order something for free?) Debating another reservation for myself and my other little one (really just so I can try more than one entree!)

We ate there last nite and my daughter is 8. She got each appetizer / dessert as the adults and also an adorable veggie / roll plate (she got to shake up her own honey butter , crumbled cookie dirt / veggies / fruit And ranch dip.

Is anyone else having issues booking this location? I just tried and no dates were available for me but I was able to go out to June 19th for other restaurants:oops:

Doug :goofy:
Yes it was not showing up as available but I called WDW dining and they made the reservation for me

We ate there last nite and my daughter is 8. She got each appetizer / dessert as the adults and also an adorable veggie / roll plate (she got to shake up her own honey butter , crumbled cookie dirt / veggies / fruit And ranch dip.

Perfect, thanks so much for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter