Stop hogging all the H2O!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is flippn hilarious. Wonder if DCL/WDW will start charging my family more bc DD and I both have long thick hair and use a bottle each/day?!?! Am I still within their proper consumption parameters?

Our society needs to understand that there is much waste that happens and costs get driven up when everyone takes things they consider free or complimentary....free maps, free toiletries, free sugar packets at the restaurant etc.
If it is being used, it is not being wasted. If someone uses a small bit, and it gets thrown out-wasted. If someone takes it home and never, ever uses it-wasted. Although I used to keep the old Mickey soaps in packages that you could stack and there was a picture of Mickey on the bathroom counter as a decoration. (we did eventually use it, though!)
!CD0v6igCGk~$%28KGrHqF,!icE0G-0%28WbYBNP2lqJWnQ~~_35.JPG

Not to mention DCL gets this stuff for basically free. It is H2O that has an increased cost. Disney is not buying it because they love us. H2O is placing it to get you hooked

Is this a known fact?

I have worked for several large hotel chains all using name brand amenities and they are all paid for by the hotel and probably more expensive then you would think.

Is this a known fact?

I have worked for several large hotel chains all using name brand amenities and they are all paid for by the hotel and probably more expensive then you would think.

Very good point. No matter what side you are on, nobody knows for fact if or how much Disney pays for he extra amenities.

And to think that at first sight I thought this post was about someone hogging all of the water...

And to think that at first sight I thought this post was about someone hogging all of the water...

:rotfl2:

The tap water is good onboard. I'm sure some fill up jugs of that and take it home too. :lmao:

That thread will be next month. ;)

Not to mention DCL gets this stuff for basically free. It is H2O that has an increased cost. Disney is not buying it because they love us. H2O is placing it to get you hooked

Yep. We place an order with them twice a year, usually for about $100 each time. That wouldn't have happened without what they let us use on the ship and then bring home. A week of using it on the ship is not enough to have gotten us hooked, but more time at home, definitely...

We just bought insulated water bottles to fill with H2O for our excursions. I refuse to pay for bottled water when I can get it from the tap.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Shall I reiterate?

Love my H2O

They will give me as much as they want me to have, I don't ask them for extra, I take what they leave and they replace it.

Thanks Disney :rolleyes1

Cruise director makes it clear "Don't take the red pillows, you'll be charged at the end of the cruise"
Ok, not taking the red pillows, I will however take the H2O that you so generously left in my room for me to use AT MY LEISURE, whether that be on the cruise, at my next hotel, or at home.

we led :love: our H2O in oz.........:rotfl:

the postage to oz is criminal....we pay more for postage than for the products....so of course we are going to take extras, as allowed under the mickey code of passage...he wants us to take them....cause he loves us:thumbsup2

Thank you mickey for your yummy body lotion and fragrant shampoo...:flower3:

One last comment before I abandon this thread. The title of this thread is the thing that got me the most. Hogging? Are people going without? Three exclamation points at the end? Are you really in that much of a rage?
Would it surprise you that DCL actually knows that people take some extra home and they LIKE that? It keeps their brand before you and even makes you long to take another cruise.

You know what is mature and classy though? Making broad, sweeping judgments about people based on how many bottles of shampoo they take.

Amen! This thread is hilarious. We've always taken a few extra home. Partly because after the first cruise I bought the shampoo and conditioner online. Ok, that's my confession because I seriously feel less manly ordering any kind of specialty shampoo as a guy :rotfl2:! Stuff just works well.

So, come second cruise my wife probably brought home a few extra shampoo and conditioners. They're great for travelling and especially good for camping. We cook for our church's youth group(think boy scouts and girl scouts combined) so we camp frequently. The tubes are far easier to bring then the larger bottles.

And no, even if we didn't camp I wouldn't feel any need to justify taking home a couple extra complimentary bottles. Can't understand how someone would consider it stealing when they freely give it to you.

The only thing a room should giuve you is a good nights sleep. The clock radios, pillows, coat hangers and yes even the shampoo is provided for your use. Obviously there are cost to DCL for toiletries otherwise, they would not have cut Body Butter. Once you have taken the item I don't think it matters how you use it. The end never justifies the means. If you have to take it maybe you shouldn't have it. It may just come to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter