Stingray City and Rum Point Beach through DCL

northwenald

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done this tour with Disney? I am very interested in seeing Rum Point and stingray city. Nativeway watersports also has a tour but theirs also includes snorkeling which my DH and I are not interested in doing. The Disney boat has a glass bottom which sounds neat and we would probably get about 1/2 hour longer at the beach than Nativeway but Nativeway gets such great reviews that I don't know which one to book. Also, for anyone who has done this through Disney, did you get any time after the tour for shopping? I would love to hear from anyone who has done this. Thanks for your help. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We did the DCL Stingray City and Rum Point Beach excursion a couple of years ago. It was by far one of the nicest excursions we have experience in our 11 DCL cruises.

The boat to Stingray City had a "glass bottom," but it was difficult seeing too much through it since the rays tend to prefer to stay nearer the sand bar. We spent about 20 - 30 minutes snorkeling and feeding the rays and it was absolutely unique and memorable. (Snorkeling allows you to really see them up close at the sand bar and is a "must do.")

Rum Point was great. Very quiet and very private. Good food and more time to enjoy the area and beach and to play in the water (snorkel as well if you wanted to).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter