Steph and Rashad SBP 10-08-09- Mr. and Mrs Jackson!!!!

Our Ceremony is at 12, so I was looking all over for something special to do that night. I couldnt walk around like it was just any Thursday. Rashad suggested a special dinner. My dad just booked California Grill so we can watch the fireworks, I am really excited about it and he said it was something called the "Sweetheart Dinner". I am not sure what that is, but I'm excited regardless!

I also decided that I wanted a pretty white dress to wear to that dinner. I am also planning on wearing this to my home reception and maybe even wearing it to the Magic Kingdom and taking a picture in front of the castle!

Here is the dress!
whitedress.jpg

I love this dress!!! Where did you find it???

Petals- I hope you got the link to the dress!

Thanks Meg, Mandy,and KSchwagg86:goodvibes

Aduck126- Maybe if you look through the "Jack Pack" you can find something everyone likes!

PrincessShea- I actually had to look up a picture of the Bride Wars dress! And thanks for telling me about Amy. I'm getting really excited!

Just made my way over to your PJ! Everything looks great! Your dress is gorgeouse, your ring is amazing and I love the BM dresses too!Your family pictures are so sweet! You look like such a fun bunch! The pic of you and your sister being spotted by the guys behind the tree is adorable! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear more about your plans! popcorn::

My home reception invitations are here!!! It was hard to find something for a wedding in my colors (orange and brown) or to match DFi and I (being an interracial couple). But I found these cute postcards on Vista and turned them into invites- and they came out great!

photo.jpg

I was also really excited that a family friend is loaning her giant glassware for the candy bar that I want to have! She is using it for her 3 daughters' weddings (one that already happened, and two in the works). So that will save us lots of money. :woohoo::woohoo:

With the candy bar- we are hoping to capitalize on cheap Halloween candy by sticking with an orange and brown color theme at the end of october. With any luck our candy bar will be a beautiful as gibsi53's candy bar! (hope she doesnt mind I'm posting her picture for inspiration!)

photo-2.jpg

Hi Stephanie,
Im new to reading your PJ

Stephanie and Rashad
Escape Wedding at Sea Breeze Point on October 8, 2009

Rashad and I talked for a while and decided that this would be a great time for us to get married, with my family all there and his family much closer to Florida than PA. So we booked our wedding! OOPS It was a perfect plan except we forgot to get engaged first.

This is so hilarious...yeah this kinda sounds a bit like my story

yey! Someone else who doesn't have a diamond! lol

Love your story. Can't wait for more :)

no diamond here either...no ring either...we decided on tats...they say those things last a LIFETIME...we will get bands though!!!:laughing:

AWESOME! Sign me up!
add me to the list of diamond less brides

My home reception invitations are here!!! It was hard to find something for a wedding in my colors (orange and brown) or to match DFi and I (being an interracial couple). But I found these cute postcards on Vista and turned them into invites- and they came out great!

photo.jpg

I was also really excited that a family friend is loaning her giant glassware for the candy bar that I want to have! She is using it for her 3 daughters' weddings (one that already happened, and two in the works). So that will save us lots of money. :woohoo::woohoo:

With the candy bar- we are hoping to capitalize on cheap Halloween candy by sticking with an orange and brown color theme at the end of october. With any luck our candy bar will be a beautiful as gibsi53's candy bar! (hope she doesnt mind I'm posting her picture for inspiration!)

photo-2.jpg

First of all, how did I miss your planning journal all of this time?!

Love the dresses, love the family pictures, love your ring, love the at home reception invites and of course I LOVE the candy buffet!!!!!

Isn't Alfred Angelo great? That is where our dresses are coming from!

Can't wait to read more! :)

First of all, how did I miss your planning journal all of this time?!

Love the dresses, love the family pictures, love your ring, love the at home reception invites and of course I LOVE the candy buffet!!!!!

Isn't Alfred Angelo great? That is where our dresses are coming from!

Can't wait to read more! :)

LOL-Thanks- that's so sweet! A lot of people missed my planning journal-I kinda got off to a slow start:rotfl:

(You're from Allentown? I know exactly where that is, we used to go to Dorney Park as a kid. It's not such a bad drive from Lancaster, where I used to live).

hi stephanie! i love your name, it is my favorite!:lmao: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::lmao: I just found your pj and enjoyed reading. I love your ring, it is so different and beautiful. those pictures of you, DF and your fam are just adorable! i look forward to hearing more of your planning!

LOL-Thanks- that's so sweet! A lot of people missed my planning journal-I kinda got off to a slow start:rotfl:

(You're from Allentown? I know exactly where that is, we used to go to Dorney Park as a kid. It's not such a bad drive from Lancaster, where I used to live).

I do live in Allentown (at least until we get married) - lived there all of my life. I used to work right by Dorney Park...it's literally 7 minutes from my house.

I love going to Lancaster to shop!!!!!!! The drive is so much easier now that 222 goes literally from 30 right through Reading! :)

hi stephanie! i love your name, it is my favorite!:lmao: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::lmao: I just found your pj and enjoyed reading. I love your ring, it is so different and beautiful. those pictures of you, DF and your fam are just adorable! i look forward to hearing more of your planning!

LOL- nice name!:rotfl:
I do live in Allentown (at least until we get married) - lived there all of my life. I used to work right by Dorney Park...it's literally 7 minutes from my house.

I love going to Lancaster to shop!!!!!!! The drive is so much easier now that 222 goes literally from 30 right through Reading! :)

Lancaster is great for shopping! I didnt realize it's so easy to get to Allentown now- That's great!:thumbsup2

Well I think I am having an identity crisis!!!
Ever since I signed my contract I knew what I wanted as far as the 3 choices Escape brides have (location, cake, flowers). I always wanted SBP! I always liked the "elegant scrolls cake" and I always loved the orange calla lilies! (Especially when I saw Dawn's pics (Dhay) :
photo-3.jpg

photo-5.jpg

I picked the bridesmaid dresses based on these flowers. And then on Friday I saw some other pictures and I think I have completely changed my mind! LOL What's the matter with me? I saw this beautiful orange/pink combo- and I am really thinking I am going to go with that! I hope that Twui and McArthur205 don't mind me borrowing their pictures- but I think I am in love with these flowers!
photo-6.jpg

photo-7.jpg

Am I crazy? Do you like these new flowers? Do they still go with the bridesmaids dresses?
bridesmaidsdress.jpg

I love the bridesmaid dresses. I think the flowers go nicely.
Together it's a nice combination of fall colors.

I still like the orange calla lilies the best. If I had seen Dawn's pictures before I did Yellow and Blue, I would have done Orange and Blue. The orange and pink is cute, but I think the orange and brown that you're going with is perfect! Could you do like Carrie did - orange and turquoise and use the fuchsia as a small 3rd color?

Also Stephanie, I hate to say this, but I'm glad I'm not the only October bride who is having a complex!! :rotfl:I've got so many complex's going up around me, I look like a real estate magnate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter