Step By Step - How to Add Names to an Existing Contract (Gratuitous Transfer)

Emailed everything to member administration yesterday, 4/8. Will update when complete. Thank you all!

We recently completed a transfer, I emailed the docs in and heard nothing, after a few weeks I tried emailing again, and they told me 4-6 weeks. At exactly 6 weeks we got an email that the transfer would be completed the next day, so 6 weeks and a day for our contract to work thru the process at DVC.

I think I understand but can someone confirm this? We have 3 contracts for one resort (65 pts, 95 pts, and 200 pts as example). We want to add our daughter to one of these but they're all under one master contract (#123.1, #123.2, #123.3). We have to add her to all 3 contracts? If we only do one, does it then become it's own master contract? Thanks!

I think I understand but can someone confirm this? We have 3 contracts for one resort (65 pts, 95 pts, and 200 pts as example). We want to add our daughter to one of these but they're all under one master contract (#123.1, #123.2, #123.3). We have to add her to all 3 contracts? If we only do one, does it then become it's own master contract? Thanks!

Correct. if you put her on only one, it will be a new membership as the owners are different.

That means to use points together, you have to transfer or book some nights on one and some on the other.

I had 5 Poly contracts in the names of myself and my wife. I added our 4 adult children to 3 of them. This then split the 'adjusted' contracts from the old Membership Number and created a new Membership Number for them. Now, in order to use the points, since they are split into two memberships, I am unable to use all the points to make one reservation and I must make two reservations, one from each Membership Number.

Updated contracts to reflect an additional owner and followed the OP process. Thank you for making this easy enough to do myself and saving us a TON of money! DIS rocks! :-)

Emailed everything to member administration yesterday, 4/8. Will update when complete. Thank you all!

Just passed the six week mark. I sent them an email at 3 weeks asking about status. Was told they had everything and that the process normally takes 4 to six week.. Nothing yet

I've used the help in this thread before to DIY add my son, so now that my daughter has reached 18, I will do the same again for our Saratoga contract. However, we have an Aulani contract as well. Any idea what steps differ on how to add her to that contract?

Last time, went from solo owner to adding 2 names, now almost 2 years later, adding a 4th name, hope I did it correctly again:
6/10 emailed the form to DVC Administration
6/10 brought the Deed for Notary - 3 signatures $45 charged
6/11 reply received from DVC Administration
6/12 check for $22.20 to the OCC and mailed for recording

I posted a question and when I looked back on this thread I realized I had already asked the same thing almost a year ago lol So deleting my question lol

Last edited:
For those that have used LT Transfers....they sent me all of the paperwork to fill out. Am I correct in thinking that my first step is filling out the Request to Transfer form and sending that to the dvc email address on the bottom of the form? They don't send that for me correct?

For those that have used LT Transfers....they sent me all of the paperwork to fill out. Am I correct in thinking that my first step is filling out the Request to Transfer form and sending that to the dvc email address on the bottom of the form? They don't send that for me correct?

lol if you have to fill out the forms, seems you mind us well save the few hundred and DIY

Yes, I don't think they can email DVC for you because DVC could think its not legit/spam/phishing

lol if you have to fill out the forms, seems you mind us well save the few hundred and DIY

Yes, I don't think they can email DVC for you because DVC could think its not legit/spam/phishing

If my situation didn't involve a name change and adding my husband to the deed I'd totally save the money and do it myself. They actually finally responded to my email from yesterday saying they'd be sending the form to DVD for us.

I’m working with LT Transfers given that I need to do a name change and add my husband to my deed. Their process says they will create the deed, we sign it, they send it to be recorded and then they go and send the form to DVD for the transfer. I felt like that was backwards and can add unnecessary time to our process so I came back to this thread and it appears that form to DVD is the first step before you submit the deed to the county.

Would there be any harm in me sending the form to DVD myself to get the ball rolling with them especially since it’ll take LT Transfers 3-4 weeks to apparently write up the new deed? So instead of waiting the 3-4 weeks and then 30 days for DVD to respond instead we could have both processes working simultaneously. Thoughts???

I’m working with LT Transfers given that I need to do a name change and add my husband to my deed. Their process says they will create the deed, we sign it, they send it to be recorded and then they go and send the form to DVD for the transfer. I felt like that was backwards and can add unnecessary time to our process so I came back to this thread and it appears that form to DVD is the first step before you submit the deed to the county.

Would there be any harm in me sending the form to DVD myself to get the ball rolling with them especially since it’ll take LT Transfers 3-4 weeks to apparently write up the new deed? So instead of waiting the 3-4 weeks and then 30 days for DVD to respond instead we could have both processes working simultaneously. Thoughts???

In all honesty, it would take you less than an hour to type up the Deed on Microsoft Word, but the form to Disney is super simple and you can email and they will respond in 1 or 2 days.

In all honesty, it would take you less than an hour to type up the Deed on Microsoft Word, but the form to Disney is super simple and you can email and they will respond in 1 or 2 days.

The name change and adding my husband bit has me terrified I'm going to screw up the deed lol I actually sent the form to Disney this morning and they replied back already. I let LT Transfers know and they actually said they sent it to Disney on Friday so I guess their original email to me with the steps had that part left out.

Hi All - I'm preparing my new deed with the templates on Page 2.

Does anyone know the proper way for writing the new Grantee statement when there are two different addresses??

Grantor: Husband & Wife, same address
Grantee: Husband & wife, same address, and Adult Child, different address

Hi All - I'm preparing my new deed with the templates on Page 2.

Does anyone know the proper way for writing the new Grantee statement when there are two different addresses??

Grantor: Husband & Wife, same address
Grantee: Husband & wife, same address, and Adult Child, different address
I would list them all at you address. That is what I di and earlier posts suggested. Once your adult child has an account they can change the address with Disney. Address is not critical for the deed.

I would list them all at you address. That is what I di and earlier posts suggested. Once your adult child has an account they can change the address with Disney. Address is not critical for the deed.

Thanks, makes total sense!

Another question: In terms of (potentially) having to file a gift tax return, how have you all calculated FMV of the DVC contract? Is it the current retail value of the points? No, can't be. We own BCV which is no longer offered and certainly a point is not "worth" $200 on the fair market.

Obviously the property will be split three ways, with only one-third going to the adult child (who is actually myself) so my portion should be under $14k for a 150-point BCV contract. But want to make sure we consider that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter