Staying onsite December?

julie-o

Mousekemom
My friend wants to do a long weekend in WDW in December this year. She said she called Disney and all on-site hotels are booked. She wants to stay onsite, mostly for convenience. They won’t have a car. Any ideas to make this magical trip happen?

My friend wants to do a long weekend in WDW in December this year. She said she called Disney and all on-site hotels are booked. She wants to stay onsite, mostly for convenience. They won’t have a car. Any ideas to make this magical trip happen?
People cancel their plans all of the time. She should check the Disney website regularly (correction...make that "obsessively"!).

She could also check travel consolidator websites like hotels.com or priceline.com. Sometimes they will have blocks of rooms when the Disney website has none.

December is tough! Between the (usually) nice weather and Christmas decorations, it has become an incredibly popular month to visit WDW.

And weekends usually are tough year round.

Keep checking the website several times a day for rooms made available by cancellations.

Also try the Swan and Dolphin website directly.

Also try 3-night stays. Some rooms won’t show up (especially on a weekend) unless you book multiple nights. For example, I see All Star Sports available December 1 to 4, All Star Movies December 2 to 4.

Last edited:
As the others said, keep checking the website because people cancel trips all the time. I’d have them book a refundable room at a Disney springs resort or the swan and dolphin(if available) as a backup in the meantime.

Just curious the actual dates in question here?

It can vary, but Disney’s availability algorithm often favors longer stays than shorter stays. So I’d try varying combinations of dates if they have any ability to be flexible.

Otherwise agree with the PPs, just keep checking. Also make sure to search with a private browser (eg, Google Incognito) version of whatever browser they use. Disney’s website tends to work better with a private browser, especially when searching resort availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter