Staying offsite - where to start?

Renting a timeshare unit from an owner or broker generally require full payment months in advance, sometimes when you book. Cancellation terms are strict. No refund or changes is common
Travel insurance can cover some circumstances
Free shuttles aren't offered when you book through an owner
Paid shuttles are limited if offered. You need a car

I would also consider the Universal hotels, we feel we get more bang for our buck there. Example we are going down in Dec, for less than what we would have paid for Coronado Springs we are staying at Portofino. This is considered a deluxe resort. It is a 10-15 min drive to WDW. Some of the resorts have family suites, we love Cabana Bay and Endless summer resorts for the extra room. If you get an UOAP, the discounts are great for the hotels, restaurants & merch.
You also might want to consider the FW Wilderness homes, DS Doubletree Suites, Hyatt Grand Cypress, the Embassy Suites LBV S, Hilton/Waldorf BC or Homewood Suites on Palm Pkwy, If we really want onsite we book great deals through Marriott and the Swan and Dolphin.
The only problem with Embassy Suites LBV is that they have a resort fee. (for what? two buses that go to WDW in the morning?)

The other Embassy Suites don't have resort fees.
Neither does the Homewood Suites on Palm Pkwy or the Hilton Garden Inn (which both have the same exact bus that Embassy Suites LBV uses)

I would also consider the Universal hotels, we feel we get more bang for our buck there. Example we are going down in Dec, for less than what we would have paid for Coronado Springs we are staying at Portofino. This is considered a deluxe resort. It is a 10-15 min drive to WDW. Some of the resorts have family suites, we love Cabana Bay and Endless summer resorts for the extra room. If you get an UOAP, the discounts are great for the hotels, restaurants & merch.
You also might want to consider the FW Wilderness homes, DS Doubletree Suites, Hyatt Grand Cypress, the Embassy Suites LBV S, Hilton/Waldorf BC or Homewood Suites on Palm Pkwy, If we really want onsite we book great deals through Marriott and the Swan and Dolphin.
The only problem with Embassy Suites LBV is that they have a resort fee. (for what? two buses that go to WDW in the morning?)

The other Embassy Suites don't have resort fees.
Neither does the Homewood Suites on Palm Pkwy or the Hilton Garden Inn (which both have the same exact bus that Embassy Suites LBV uses)

Grumpy said Embassy LBV South which doesn't have resort fees, but do have a parking fee. It is one of our favorite places to stay.

The reason the Embassy LBV has a resort fee is because they added the expanded pool area, the water splash pad area, have lots of activities and movies, basketball, volleyball, putting green, fire pits etc. They did the big renovation to make it more resort like vs just a hotel.

But I agree if you aren't using the hotel amenities it makes no sense to book those high fee hotels. I have a few trips now booked at the Homewood Suites on Palm Parkway.

But I agree if you aren't using the hotel amenities it makes no sense to book those high fee hotels. I have a few trips now booked at the Homewood Suites on Palm Parkway.

I like that Homewood Suites alot. But you want to request a room facing North. Facing East faces the highway and is noisy. Facing South you face the parking lot. I don't think there are many rooms facing West which would be either the pool or the front/Garden Inn.

The Palm Parkway Garden in is also a nice property and if you are a Diamond member you can upgrade online to the suite if it's open.

I like that Homewood Suites alot. But you want to request a room facing North. Facing East faces the highway and is noisy. Facing South you face the parking lot. I don't think there are many rooms facing West which would be either the pool or the front/Garden Inn.

The Palm Parkway Garden in is also a nice property and if you are a Diamond member you can upgrade online to the suite if it's open.

Yes, I usually pick my rooms in advance and where it faces matters. Staying a week in June and April for sure, maybe June unless I move to ES LBV South. When I stay ES LBV South I pick facing Disney so I can see the fireworks from my room. Once we had great view of ones at Marriott World Center.

I have stayed at Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn, did not know that about the upgrading at Garden Inn (yes am Diamond) so thank you for that info.

Have you considered looking how much to rent points? It was about half of what the deluxe rooms were. Some people are still not ready to head back to Disney and I have found some pretty great rates
My site I use is not allowed but you can look in the thread on dis.

For off site I use skyauction.com we got 2 bedroom vistana for a week for $600

For a group of 6, you can go with Airbnb or VRBO for houses and apartments, or look up some suite hotels. Kayak is my favorite for searching hotels, but I try to book directly through the hotel website.

For transportation, hotel shuttles can be good in the morning if you aren't in a rush, but I would assume you're using Uber or taxis when returning to the resort. The only exceptions would be the hotels which are actually on Disney property, like the Four Seasons or Waldorf Astoria.

I think you cannot really plan anything if you have not determined 1st what your budget is. Only after doing so you will know which way to go. left or right

For a group of 6, you can go with Airbnb or VRBO for houses and apartments, or look up some suite hotels. Kayak is my favorite for searching hotels, but I try to book directly through the hotel website.

For transportation, hotel shuttles can be good in the morning if you aren't in a rush, but I would assume you're using Uber or taxis when returning to the resort. The only exceptions would be the hotels which are actually on Disney property, like the Four Seasons or Waldorf Astoria.
you can also look for a hotel apartment by using a broker. they usually have better deals on those too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter