Staying at multiple resorts in one vacation

zdesiree

"There's no place like Disney, there's no place li
:scratchin I was wondering how many resorts have you stayed in one vacation? I have done two resorts in one vacation, but has anyone done more than two? It's that possible? If you done it how the experience was?

Just two:

Dolphin/BCV
AKV/BCV (doing this a 2nd time this summer)
CBR/SSR (in two weeks :dance3:)

We stayed at 3, Pop for 2 nights, BWV for 4 nights and Swan for 3 nights:) We almost always stay at 2 each trip. We love AKV and BWV for different reasons so we split the stay:thumbsup2

We will be doing that in May, AKV/SS. We hope to do so next Feb. also, AKV/Bay Lake.

Two resorts for me usually -- SSR/AKV then back to SSR this time around. Originally I had it booked SSR/AKV/OKW, but then changed my mind on OKW and decided to go back to SSR. I like having a couch in the studio rather than two beds.

Our stays involve at least 3 different resorts even if it is only for a week. :thumbsup2 Last November we started at AKV Concierge 3 days, off to VWL for another 3, Beach club for another 3, and finally 4 days at OKW. Love the change in view and each resort has it's own strengths. In just a few weeks we will start at OKW 4 days, then to AKV 3 days, and finally OKW for 4.
We haven't stayed at SS yet, it just seems so big and spread out but will be trying for Tree houses this fall.:banana: We would like to start at Port Orleans for 1 night, on to AKV for 4, OKW for 4, Treehouses for 3, and end up at either VWL or Beach Club for 3 more. For some reason we aren't really too intrested in BLT but some year we will give it a try. We have a rental car, on check out day throw our stuff in the car, head to the new resort, check in and try to get our room. IF not then leave stuff with bell services then off to the parks or pool or where ever. We have used bell services to transfer stuff and it works just as well and it's waiting when you get there, just get your room and call down for the luggage. Sweet deal this changing resorts/rooms!!:goodvibes :goodvibes

Have fun.

Mo

WE always move around as it makes our holiday seem longer. This year we have 17 nights in August and staying at OKW ~6 nights, VB ~ 2 nights, SSR ~ 6 nights and BCV ~ 3 nights. Then at Christmas over 14 nights we will be staying OKW ~ 5 nights, BLT ~ 4 nights, CR CL ~ 3 nights and hopefully WL ~ 2 nights. Our trip in May is just for 7 nights and we are staying the whole time at WL which will be strange.

Caron

Moving can cost you vacation time so I'd only move once in a 7-8 day span, maybe twice for 12 days but likely to avoid weekend points. I do enjoy trying different resorts so you have to balance the issues.

I've had 2 8 night vacations that involved 3 resorts. In June, AKV, VB and VWL, and in September, VWL, AKV, BCV. In each, my fellow travelers changed, so they really were distinct vacations. The second of those trips included the first time Disney moved my bags, and it worked so very smoothly, I'm going to be changing resorts more often.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I asked because I'm thinking doing AKV/BLT/OKW, in a 11 days/10 nights vacation and I don't know if is too much. Now I see I'm not alone, so the thing now is to decide how to do it. AKV is my home resort and I never been there, BLT I would love to have the MK view for a few nights and OKW has always been my favorite because the bigger space and we are a family of 7.:thumbsup2

I asked because I'm thinking doing AKV/BLT/OKW, in a 11 days/10 nights vacation and I don't know if is too much. Now I see I'm not alone, so the thing now is to decide how to do it. AKV is my home resort and I never been there, BLT I would love to have the MK view for a few nights and OKW has always been my favorite because the bigger space and we are a family of 7.:thumbsup2
it's certainly your choice but I think most people would change no more than once in that situation. That's especially true if you don't have a car plus I think OKW is much harder without a car. IMO, it'd be less of an issue if you had a car and less of an issue if you could stay in one room till the next was ready though you can't (but Marriott does BTW). You can always visit a given resort without staying there. Assuming your doing two weeks but one weekend, OKW will have the lowest points for both weekend and week day, just look to see what's to your advantage. Enjoy your planning and your trip.

The most we've done is 3 in one week. Why? Well, we originally were going to take a short 5 day BCV trip, but due to a change in airfare, we needed to add on a day before and a day after. The first night was at BWV studio (rented points from another member). The last night was at WL--because there was a good room rate through CRO.

Bell services moved all our luggage, so that was very helpful. We left early morning to go to the parks and returned to our new resort that evening to check in. It cost us a bit of time, but we enjoyed being at different resorts.

it's certainly your choice but I think most people would change no more than once in that situation. That's especially true if you don't have a car plus I think OKW is much harder without a car. IMO, it'd be less of an issue if you had a car and less of an issue if you could stay in one room till the next was ready though you can't (but Marriott does BTW). You can always visit a given resort without staying there. Assuming your doing two weeks but one weekend, OKW will have the lowest points for both weekend and week day, just look to see what's to your advantage. Enjoy your planning and your trip.

I always rent a car because we are so many, definitely for me that's a must. This past year we stayed for 2 weeks and the first weekend we stayed at the POP and then moved to OKW, bell services did the whole luggage move and was great! This time we are planning to go in December but we want to go after school ends and return before Christmas, that's why it's only 11 days. Let's see how I'm going to do:headache:

My last trip I checked in 3 times - over Thanksgiving. Normally I check in when I arrive and don't move, but this time I did it by choice.

I did 1 night AKV concierge, 2 nights AKV, then 4 nights BCV. Even though all of the first 3 nights were AKV I did have to move out of the room, check in to a new room, etc - and it was not ready until around 2:30 or so. Honestly moving was a pain, and I was solo! I drive there, so I had my car & didn't have to wait for my luggage to arrive anywhere. Would I do it again?? Not 3 check ins, but I might on my Thanksgiving trips ONLY do 2 resorts. I'd do 1 for a resort trip during the busy holiday days and then on Sat or Sunday move to BCV or somewhere well located for enjoying the parks for the rest of the trip (once the crowds go home).

My record is 2 resorts and 3 hotels over 10 nights. I stayed 1 night at a hotel near the airport at home because of an early flight. Flew into Tampa and spent 1 night there and did 2 days a BGT. On to BWV for 5 nights for the Disney portion of the trip. Next 2 nights near Universal and Seaworld. Finally 1 night at AKV.

I am planning a similar trip in December only having a longer stay at the second resort trip.

YC, BCV, POFQ.

We stayed YC 1 night, then BCV for 3, then POFQ for 4 free dining.

IMO 1 switch is perfect....after that it gets to be a hassle.
Kerri

We have switched resorts during vacation. I agree that it costs too much vacation time! I guess that we are lazy, and once we get to WDW, we like to move into our villa! Also, we like to stock the refrigerator and I cannot image starting over or moving that stuff! That said, we love visiting different WDW resorts for dinner or to pool hop!

Our last trip was 8 days/7nights. We stayed at 3 resorts. I figure if we with a 3 year old and a 1 year old could do it, anyone can.

We did BWV 1BR for 2nights, a VWL studio for 2nights (Fri/Sat), and an SSR 1BR for 3 nights. This was not the original plan but at 6 weeks out I decided that I could not leave my 15 month old home with Grandma as originally planned. This was the only way it could be done because of availability and the only way I would have enough points.

We initially were staying only in a VWL studio but the addition of the little one meant that for those two nights we sat in the dark by the bathroom while he slept in the studio. I did not want to do this the whole week.

I WOULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT A RENTAL CAR, but I would do it again. I gave us a great opportunity to be close to different things at different times.

Luckily for us our room was ready each time. We got to the VWL in time for lunch at 11:30PM and we arrived at SSR at about 9:30AM.

We loved walking to Epcot and HS while at Boardwalk and having stayed in Congress Park at SSR we loved walking to DTD. Taking the boat to MK from WL was fun too. I guess since we have been to Disney several times in the last few years their really wasn't an inconvenience to move. We saw it more as an adventure. I lovingly referred to it as our DVC tour.

One other tip obviously was that we did not really unpack. Since we flew Southwest and had no bag fees, we made sure the four of us each had our own bag and we simply picked out clothes/put back clothes to stay organized. Then we had another suitcase filled with those important non-clothing items and another suitcase filled with things like non-perishable snacks and sippy cups. The car seats stayed in the car and the strollers were usually with us at all times.

Our next trip will be at the treehouses for the whole time, hopefully. :)

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter