Staying at FW can we eat at Geyser Point?

tinkerdorabelle

DIS Veteran
We always loved to go to Geyser Point when we stay at FW and made last minute ressies in FW there in 2 weeks for just 3 days as we will be in FL near beach other days. Now I am really confused at what is allowed and where we can go to grab a bite and how easy this will be. We were planning to hang around FW, eat at our camper, or at the Fort, do some take out but not even sure where we can do that. Or eat somewhere outside and stay in the Monorail MK area for the few days we are there. Just want to know if take out places are easy to get and any suggestions. I hope we can do Geyser Point also or even take out from there. What is Walk Up also, just read about that.

Last edited:
Yes. Take the bus to the lodge. I forget which color bus. I love Geyser Point.

While the boats between resorts are not running, the “Yellow line” bus has been extended to include Wilderness Lodge. It departs from the Settlement bus depot (the area where the marina is) and travels to the lodge. The busses typically will say “Wilderness Lodge” if they are headed there but it doesn’t hurt to ask the Yellow bus drivers if it doesn’t say it. At the Lodge there is a dedicated return stop. The buses between the Fort and Lodge run at least as long as the restaurants at the Lodge are open.

We’ve done this several times in the last few months. Quick 5 minute bus ride. We love GP. One of our absolute favorite spots on property.

Walk up availability for other restaurants in the app is just what it sounds like. If you haven’t been able to get a reservation somewhere you want to eat, when you’re nearby you can check the MDE app on your phone to see if the restaurant has a waiting list. It’s best to get a reservation but some have had luck with this.

While the boats between resorts are not running, the “Yellow line” bus has been extended to include Wilderness Lodge. It departs from the Settlement bus depot (the area where the marina is) and travels to the lodge. The busses typically will say “Wilderness Lodge” if they are headed there but it doesn’t hurt to ask the Yellow bus drivers if it doesn’t say it. At the Lodge there is a dedicated return stop. The buses between the Fort and Lodge run at least as long as the restaurants at the Lodge are open.

We’ve done this several times in the last few months. Quick 5 minute bus ride. We love GP. One of our absolute favorite spots on property.

Walk up availability for other restaurants in the app is just what it sounds like. If you haven’t been able to get a reservation somewhere you want to eat, when you’re nearby you can check the MDE app on your phone to see if the restaurant has a waiting list. It’s best to get a reservation but some have had luck with this.

So do you need a reservation for Geyser Point? Did you or just go over? I didn't think they accepted or ever did for there and someone on the phone when I made my reservations for the Fort said you cannot go to any property and visit like you did in the past unless you have an actual reservation for that property? We never made reservation for there would just go over didn't think you needed one for an outside type place. We used to like to go visit the Polynesian also and sit outside in their take out place downstairs, do you know if this is allowed now?

So do you need a reservation for Geyser Point? Did you or just go over? I didn't think they accepted or ever did for there and someone on the phone when I made my reservations for the Fort said you cannot go to any property and visit like you did in the past unless you have an actual reservation for that property? We never made reservation for there would just go over didn't think you needed one for an outside type place. We used to like to go visit the Polynesian also and sit outside in their take out place downstairs, do you know if this is allowed now?

Bus down to WL from FW. Walk to GP.

Geyser Point does not accept ADR's. They are strictly walk-up. I had to put my name on a wait list last time I was there but we did get seated.

You can also get takeout at FW from the take-out side of Trails End (which is closed) called "P & J's Southern Takeout". P & J stands for Paulette and Josephine, two long-timer TE Cast Members. It's basically the TE kitchen pumping out food for takeout that used to be served on the TE buffet.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/p-and-js-southern-takeout/

Depending on how many are in your group, the fried chicken family meal is a good value.

Their take-out pizzas have been much discussed on this board for years. Some like them, more don't. They're just frozen pizzas popped into the ovens right behind the cash register.

There's a Food Truck too at the Fort that is some times around the pool, down near the boat dock, or next to the campfire ring which actually has some nice food choices.

Bama Ed

... someone on the phone when I made my reservations for the Fort said you cannot go to any property and visit like you did in the past unless you have an actual reservation for that property? We never made reservation for there would just go over didn't think you needed one for an outside type place. We used to like to go visit the Polynesian also and sit outside in their take out place downstairs, do you know if this is allowed now?

They are not allowing people who do not have a reservation to drive and park at a resort currently. However if you take Disney transportation or even walk you can visit a different resort. This past week we had ADR's at Chef Mickey's and Beaches and Cream and we drove. I told them I had a reservation and gave my name and they scanned my MB. If we had walked to the Beach Club from say Epcot we could have walked right up and no one would have said anything.

You can also get takeout at FW from the take-out side of Trails End (which is closed) called "P & J's Southern Takeout". P & J stands for Paulette and Josephine, two long-timer TE Cast Members. It's basically the TE kitchen pumping out food for takeout that used to be served on the TE buffet.

FYI they are allowing you to sit in Trails End and eat your take out from P&J's which is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!