Stateroom GTY downgrade?

cassibh07

Earning My Ears
I booked the double dip Fantasy cruise November 2021 for our honeymoon (yay!)
We booked a 4E GTY per our travel agent’s recommendation. To my surprise, I went to to the website the other day and noticed a room had been assigned and it was 10658.

So this post has a two fold purpose. This looks like a category 5E which believe is a category below?...

But it still looks like a great room so I won’t make a big deal about it. But would love opinions on anyone that has had it! We have had aft before and the view was amazing, so that’s always a plus. I only hate the thought of the fact we possibly paid more for the other category and got this one. Unless I’ve got this room wrong on category! But I do believe 4E is only Deck 5 midship.

Our agent plans on calling to see what’s going on, but I would like to see your opinions in the interim!

The categories have changed recently. I know when I just booked my Dreams agent had to talk me through some of the changes.

I booked the double dip Fantasy cruise November 2021 for our honeymoon (yay!)
We booked a 4E GTY per our travel agent’s recommendation. To my surprise, I went to to the website the other day and noticed a room had been assigned and it was 10658.

So this post has a two fold purpose. This looks like a category 5E which believe is a category below?...

But it still looks like a great room so I won’t make a big deal about it. But would love opinions on anyone that has had it! We have had aft before and the view was amazing, so that’s always a plus. I only hate the thought of the fact we possibly paid more for the other category and got this one. Unless I’ve got this room wrong on category! But I do believe 4E is only Deck 5 midship.

Our agent plans on calling to see what’s going on, but I would like to see your opinions in the interim!

10658 is a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah.

I found this on the DCL website:
Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah classifications and locations are as follows:
  • Category 4A: Decks 9 and 10
So you've got a Category 4A (higher than a 4E).

10658 is a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah.

I found this on the DCL website:
Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah classifications and locations are as follows:
  • Category 4A: Decks 9 and 10
So you've got a Category 4A (higher than a 4E).

Thank you! My fiancé felt it was a 4A as well. It seems I keep getting conflicting answers everytime I google 🤦🏻‍♀️. I was hoping maybe I had gotten a touch of pixie dust...so maybe that’s the case then!

The categories have changed recently. I know when I just booked my Dreams agent had to talk me through some of the changes.

Maybe this is where some confusion is setting in for me. The room cat. we booked is supposed to be 299 sq ft, and this shows up as 246? I tried to “book” a room to see if I could figure out where it landed but it’s in the GTY cat as well on that cruise so that didn’t work 😂

Maybe this is where some confusion is setting in for me. The room cat. we booked is supposed to be 299 sq ft, and this shows up as 246? I tried to “book” a room to see if I could figure out where it landed but it’s in the GTY cat as well on that cruise so that didn’t work 😂
On the DCL website it says 10658 is 299 sq ft

Where are you seeing that it's 246 sq ft?

Interesting. Scott's blog has the historical deckplans with categories.

For 2021, OP is correct--it is supposed to be a 5E.
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/DCL-Deck-Plans-Dream-Fantasy-2021.png

For 2022, it will be considered 4E.
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/DCL-Deck-Plans-Dream-Fantasy-2022.png

So if you're not happy with the room, I think it is worth a call because my understanding is that the category changes are not in effect until 2022, so for your 2021 cruise you are correct you are technically getting downgraded, which shouldn't happen.

Personally I think you shouldve gotten a true 4E. I’m a fan of 5E and had to make the adjustment change for 2022. I booked for November 2021 seven night. I booked 5E GTY at the 5E price which it still says on my reservation. For February 2022 I had to book 4E to get my favorite deck 9 5E cabin. I would see if your TA can get you into a deck 5 cabin. Deck 10 is not my favorite because of cabana noise, usually morning and at night, esp the late pirate night buffet. I tried the corner rooms twice and it’s too much sun for me, no shade option like the middle rooms. Plus the corner rooms are awkward esp the TV, which you have to extend just to see. The positive is the bigger veranda and one floor up to get to cabanas and pool deck.

Not sure if you have seen this or not but thought I would put give the link. Not sure who the family is but this will give a quick overview of the cabin. We have had back cabins as well and it's all about the verandas on these.

Maybe it will change.

I also booked a 4E GTY on the Fantasy in November 2021. After I booked it, it also assigned us 10658. A few days later it went back to GTY. A few days after that back to 10658. And now again back to GTY.

Go figure.

Maybe it will change.

I also booked a 4E GTY on the Fantasy in November 2021. After I booked it, it also assigned us 10658. A few days later it went back to GTY. A few days after that back to 10658. And now again back to GTY.

Go figure.
That’s very interesting. I wondered this as well, especially since it isn’t showing anything on my app.
Are we on the same cruise!?

Ive stayed in this room. I don't know why my review of it isn't on the DISBoards room page. But I will say we were so surprised by this room. We have stayed multiple aft cabins, this was our first on deck 10. We didn't find much noise from Cabanas. It has a view of Pirate night fireworks from your wrap around balcony. There is no adjacent balcony on the starboard side as it is a work area for the little maintenance cart. The room does NOT have a dividing curtain, which matters only if you have more than 2 people sleeping (we had two kids). There is a little less drawer space because of the curvature of the ship, but plenty of closet space. Bring a magnetic wall light if you want to see in one of the closets, because it is pretty dark over there. The door with the neighbors is extremey close, so please don't let your door slam, gently close it behind you. Hopefully they will do the same.

Ive stayed in this room. I don't know why my review of it isn't on the DISBoards room page. But I will say we were so surprised by this room. We have stayed multiple aft cabins, this was our first on deck 10. We didn't find much noise from Cabanas. It has a view of Pirate night fireworks from your wrap around balcony. There is no adjacent balcony on the starboard side as it is a work area for the little maintenance cart. The room does NOT have a dividing curtain, which matters only if you have more than 2 people sleeping (we had two kids). There is a little less drawer space because of the curvature of the ship, but plenty of closet space. Bring a magnetic wall light if you want to see in one of the closets, because it is pretty dark over there. The door with the neighbors is extremey close, so please don't let your door slam, gently close it behind you. Hopefully they will do the same.
This is helpful! Thank you! As far as the curtain goes, we do have two kids, so that kinda sucks. Would you stay in this room again?
I feel fine with it as long as Disney at least gives us credit for the difference in category. Have you stayed on deck 5 midship by chance compare? (Which is the GTY room we booked.)

This is helpful! Thank you! As far as the curtain goes, we do have two kids, so that kinda sucks. Would you stay in this room again?
I feel fine with it as long as Disney at least gives us credit for the difference in category. Have you stayed on deck 5 midship by chance compare? (Which is the GTY room we booked.)
Awesome! We brought some curtains with circular holes at the top and some really strong hook magnets. We stuck the magnets to the ceiling and made our own curtain ( we knew it didn't have a divider). We absolutely would stay in this room again. My wife almost prefers it to 8188. We would absolutely stay in the room again.

A 4e GTY is not the same price wise as a 5e GTY in 2021. But you might have to look to see when the category changes occur. I thought it was for the 2022 year. In that case, Disney probably should owe you some money.

I have stayed mid on deck 9. You spend a lot of time walking up and down a hall. However, the 4e on the Dream and Fantasy are barely mid ship, especially the most foreward of those ones. They are close to the elevators and an easy ride to the pool deck. They are SUPER close to the kids clubs which are also on deck 5. We had both a 1 year old and a 5 year old but had no issues going down the stairs to the club. It was convenient to run up to cabanas to grab them some food as well.

Awesome! We brought some curtains with circular holes at the top and some really strong hook magnets. We stuck the magnets to the ceiling and made our own curtain ( we knew it didn't have a divider). We absolutely would stay in this room again. My wife almost prefers it to 8188. We would absolutely stay in the room again.

A 4e GTY is not the same price wise as a 5e GTY in 2021. But you might have to look to see when the category changes occur. I thought it was for the 2022 year. In that case, Disney probably should owe you some money.

I have stayed mid on deck 9. You spend a lot of time walking up and down a hall. However, the 4e on the Dream and Fantasy are barely mid ship, especially the most foreward of those ones. They are close to the elevators and an easy ride to the pool deck. They are SUPER close to the kids clubs which are also on deck 5. We had both a 1 year old and a 5 year old but had no issues going down the stairs to the club. It was convenient to run up to cabanas to grab them some food as well.

We have stayed in 8188, so this is even more helpful! Our only beef was the walking and the movement (which only actually bothered us the first night), so we went with the recommendation of our agent to try out the midship on deck 5 (we will have a 3 year old and 12 year old that loves the club). BUT, food proximity is also a HUGE plus. So I appreciate all your input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!