State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but.. but... fastpass makes lines long...
Yup. I get the 80/20 FP to standby concern etc etc….. and the earlier reports have how quick standby was moving without FP interference- BUT that was with lower capacity. As we see capacity increase and no other crowd eaters (extra hours, shows, etc) we will need to see how these standby lines are doing. I know increased ride and staff capacity influences things too. But in the FP+ days, you knew you could have at least 3 attractions under 20 minutes (and often quite a few more) which made standing in line for a couple of 60+ Waits more tolerable.

Please disney, don’t change your wdw system. You will have many unhappy customers and a significant decrease in return visits, our family included.

Please Please Please bring back some sort of FP as soon as possible!!!!

I am a DVC member who had to cancel several trips over the past 16-months thanks to COVID. We have an 11-night stay coming in August - our longest trip ever thanks to a backlog of DVC points. If I didn’t have so many points to burn before I lose them, I would definitely consider canceling our trip since there is no FP. My family of 5 doesn’t wait in any line more than 20 minutes (30-minutes is our absolute breaking point and only if we have tons of snacks to distract us).

This is my family’s longest span of time between trips to Disney in over 12 years. We have spent most of the COVID lockdown time dreaming of our next trip to Disney. And now thinking of this trip without FP, I am so not excited about this trip at all. It is so sad. (Disclaimer - total first world problem but you get my point). I fear this trip is going to be like 2 rides per day at Rope Drop and then we will be at the pool, Disney Springs, or playing mini-golf the rest of the time.

Maybe we'll see each other in line! :) I'm beginning to think it's just not happening, that they are actually going to let people stand in hours long lines without doing a thing about it.

I’m holding out hope until next week (assuming whenever they announce that there’s a short window between announcement and booking). But yea I’ve def started to prepare mentally otherwise. Sooo frustrating that we got this close to almost having all our most important aspects a successful Disney trip back but ultimately fell just a bit short on the most important part for us (allegedly because the Disney brass wouldn’t listen to their developers that this new paid system would take longer then anticipated).

They have to tie it into the onsite hotels.

1 free pass for vaule
2 for mods
3 for deleux

Aw sorry i meant offers for Disney world orlando. Our uk one has 250 spending and a meal credit per night how much depends on level of hotel. If you where from say the US or Holland can you book via the uk site? Could i book via the US site? I never knew i could.

Back on topic im getting more and more convinced they will use this as a ploy to get you into the onsite hotels. I wouldn't be shocked to see value get one pass mods 2 and deluxe 3 passes per day
It HAS to tie in to hotels. Otherwise I'm failing to connect the dots. Why would we who have an
upcoming Boardwalk stay spend that money? We could just rent a condo somewhere else or better yet
use our Hyatt/Marriott free rooms and with the savings buy a premier pass. What is stopping us now?
The Extra evening hours. This is the wild card. If we could get some free passes AND extra evening hour/s
my husband would be all over that for the family. So we are patiently waiting for more info/news.

Prices for December stay are usually pricey but at least there was FP. This year cost is wayyyy up there. So
pay that AND no free FP? Uh no some bones should be thrown or might as well switch to moderate.
90 percent of time I'm open to staying offiste except Christmas time.

Last edited:
I’m holding out hope until next week (assuming whenever they announce that there’s a short window between announcement and booking). But yea I’ve def started to prepare mentally otherwise. Sooo frustrating that we got this close to almost having all our most important aspects a successful Disney trip back but ultimately fell just a bit short on the most important part for us (allegedly because the Disney brass wouldn’t listen to their developers that this new paid system would take longer then anticipated).

A lot depends I think on the feedback they're getting in the parks. Are people heading to guest services and complaining or are they just happy to be there. If it's a happy crowd, I don't think they'll do a thing. If anything, Disney always waits for a crisis before taking action- even when they can see it coming a mile away.

So peeps in the parks, do us a favor! Complain!:)

A lot depends I think on the feedback they're getting in the parks. Are people heading to guest services and complaining or are they just happy to be there. If it's a happy crowd, I don't think they'll do a thing. If anything, Disney always waits for a crisis before taking action- even when they can see it coming a mile away.

So peeps in the parks, do us a favor! Complain!:)

Yea Disney is always historically conservative on their approaches with these things. Good thoughts. I can only hope the vocal ones are voicing their discontent. I’m no “Karen” (even though I’m sure I sound like one here) but I certainly would turn into a male version of one for the hope that FP+ returns 😂

So if they "cut" free FP+ and "make" an express pass you pay for, don't vote with your wallet because in that case it's something you want.

What your missing is everybody prefers different things that they are willing to pay for (other things they won't), and yes even pay more for to obtain what they prefer-EXACTLY like you.
I have voted with my wallet. I have not been back in 2 years. A paid FP that is available only day of would be something that draws me back.

Some of us are losing our minds because our trip is less than 3 weeks out and we'd darn well like to know what, if anything, they'll be doing to control those 2 hr lines that have become the norm. FOP is consistently hitting it, SDMT is getting to be well over an hour and even the secondary rides are 45 minutes or more. So yeah, if you're in that group that is anywhere from days to weeks away from your trip,I think we're entitled to be just a little off our rockers. I don't think it's too much to ask for what we're spending.
Hey, I’m right there with ya. Heading to WDW for 12 days in August. I wouldn’t be on this board every 5 minutes if I weren’t.

Hey, I’m right there with ya. Heading to WDW for 12 days in August. I wouldn’t be on this board every 5 minutes if I weren’t.

I took a break from these boards for the most part from right after they announced opening until when they announced the fireworks. Were it not for that, I'd be doing nothing but focusing on DLR. For all my disappointment with the way WDW has handled all this, I'm super pleased so far with DLR. The Halloween events sound amazing.

The deal is that right now, Disney actually needs people to be standing in lines. There is not enough other stuff going on in the park or available to do for people. I know that problem is even worse right now because of the understaffing. But even with regular staffing I don't see Disney going to a fully virtual que system because again, just with sheer numbers you need a decent amount of people to be standing in line - not too long, but enough.

I'm in a group of five, we travel in July/August and there is nothing ever available except for crap like Philharmagic which you don't need one for anyway.
Something would always pop up if you put the effort into it. We always had great success - SDD coming up at 2:00 PM, MFSR, Space, EE, RnRC, ToT, TT, Soarin' FEA, name it - the only one that was a bit more difficult for us on our last trip was FoP.

Please Please Please bring back some sort of FP as soon as possible!!!!

I am a DVC member who had to cancel several trips over the past 16-months thanks to COVID. We have an 11-night stay coming in August - our longest trip ever thanks to a backlog of DVC points. If I didn’t have so many points to burn before I lose them, I would definitely consider canceling our trip since there is no FP. My family of 5 doesn’t wait in any line more than 20 minutes (30-minutes is our absolute breaking point and only if we have tons of snacks to distract us).

This is my family’s longest span of time between trips to Disney in over 12 years. We have spent most of the COVID lockdown time dreaming of our next trip to Disney. And now thinking of this trip without FP, I am so not excited about this trip at all. It is so sad. (Disclaimer - total first world problem but you get my point). I fear this trip is going to be like 2 rides per day at Rope Drop and then we will be at the pool, Disney Springs, or playing mini-golf the rest of the time.
This is us only we are doing 13 nights starting next week. The lack of FP+, the lack of shows/parades, and the absurd park hours (esp Epcot FW opening time) have soured us on this trip. Disney couldn't care less. They are the only company in the country dragging their feet this slowly. Long lines in the blistering heat? Customers have already paid to come - they will just be so happy to be on a trip they will forget about it because by october we will have things back to "normal" and that will entice them to spend another 12K to come back again! Well, be careful DIS b/c if the experience this July is really that unpleasant, you are going to be in for a potential rude awakening (think Galaxy's Edge rebellion). (This doesn't even factor in the ride breakdowns, lack of restaurants, weak menu choices, and lack of entertainment right now.)

I fear this trip is going to be like 2 rides per day at Rope Drop and then we will be at the pool, Disney Springs, or playing mini-golf the rest of the time.
I understand your concern, we are also DVC members and fans of FP+ but I think you can do better than the 2 rides per day. Are you willing to rope drop and do some strategic planning?

Our tolerance for lines is about the same as yours 20-30 minutes is usually the max (barring the occasional Galaxy's Edge or M&MRR.) We had a late April/early May trip and the wait times were reasonable. Of course they've increased capacity since then, so it's up in the air.

The deal is that right now, Disney actually needs people to be standing in lines. There is not enough other stuff going on in the park or available to do for people. I know that problem is even worse right now because of the understaffing. But even with regular staffing I don't see Disney going to a fully virtual que system because again, just with sheer numbers you need a decent amount of people to be standing in line - not too long, but enough.

What you said here makes a lot sense and I think someone else mentioned that earlier back also in a different fp thread. However, no matter how many ways the situation gets spun, a person that is standing in line for something free means their money is effectively staying in their wallet during that timeframe.

So the longer the lines are, the less people can spend on. Your point is that there isn’t enough to do, which makes perfrct sense. So put people in lines since they can’t go anywhere else. Very logical from a crowd dispersal/crowd management perspective.

But my question is (which I think potentially weighs more with Disney): Is there enough in the park for people to spend on that justifies making sure there’s an opportunity to shorten lines, if even for a small percentage to potentially boost per guest spending? If there isn’t, then you may be dead on accurate. But if there is, then I think they have enough incentive to get the old fp+ in place (considering a paid one may be very far out due to tech issues). But I guess that depends on enough restaurants, bars, gift stands, shops, etc being open within the park. Not sure how mobile ordering impacts that scenario though since I haven’t been to WDW since precovid. Just my two cents

Do we have any real concrete proof of any actually rumor from someone who actually has that type of connection, that if brought back, it could be for a cost?

All I ever heard that from was that Mickey views guy and nobody else

Sometimes I feel we make up our own rumors and add our own fuel to if they actually will happen

Fastpass IMO will return and will return normal as before. I expected it this past weekend. Since that didn’t happen, if it didn’t start tomorrow, I don’t see it actually starting again till Oct 1st.

As long as Disney sees lines aren’t more then 90-100 mins on numerous rides at once, I don’t think they even feel the need to have them yet. Wait times today weren’t horrible and it’s the 4th of July.
I think the rumor may be based on the fact that Disneyland is now charging for fast passes "Maxpass", and Disneyland Paris charging up to $18 per ride to skip the line. This is strong evidence that Disney will charge at WDW too in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter