• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starting itineraries - a few questions please

crim1978

Mouseketeer
Hi Gravies and Lentlemen

We don't go back to Orlando untill May but are just starting to look at itineraries so that we can book tickets and get ready for PS bookings etc.

So a few quick questions for you all if that's okay??

Is Seaworld a full day? Is there a firework show or similar in the evening?
Is there a full day of activities at Daytona? Is the race track near to the beach?

And finally, we are looking at maybe the Dixie Stampead and Pirates dinner shows - we are travelling with six adults and three kids - are these worth doing any better different ideas.

Thanks as ever for all your helps.

Crim

:cool1: :banana: :cloud9:

To try and address a couple of your questions:

Sea World is certainly a full or 3/4 day if you want to see everything and do all the shows. I would even go so far as to say you would struggle to do everything in one day. However, if you're only bothered about the headliners (Dolphin show, Shamu show and rides) then you could get away with half a day. Sea World does have fireworks in the evening but usually only during peak season (I'm not sure if May counts as peak). There is an evening Shamu show, which is different to the show during the day but, again, I think that is only during peak season.

Not sure about Daytona as we've never been - sorry.

I have never been to either Dixie Stampede or Pirates Dinner but have heard good (and bad) abut both. Certainly, with kids, from what I've heard the pirates would probably be the better bet but others may disagree. This is probably down to personal taste. The food at both is fairly average, allegedly.

Hope this helps.

When we first went to Orlando, all the reps used to say that Sea World was only a half a day, which I disagree with and we usually end up spending a couple of days there during a two week holiday.

As for Daytona, I haven't been there since 95, but I don't recall there being loads to do. The racetrack is worth a visit for an hour or so, more if they are testing cars or bikes. It's not too far from the beach from memory, I do remember that you can drive your car right onto the beach, which was interesting:)

Bear in mind that Daytona is known as a party town, and in my opinion is a little more "rough and ready" in comparison to the sanitised tourist friendly Orlando. This is a good thing for me as it feels a little more real.

I would say that Seaworld is easily a two day park. This would depend on the timing of the shows, lines for Journey to Atlantis/Krakon and whether you want to do the night time shows. The amount of time spent in the free beer tent may have a bearing too ;)
You used to be able to get the second day free if you bought a single day ticket - not sure if this is still the case? Although if you plan to go to Universal/IOA you would be better to get a Flex ticket :)

I think how long you spend in Seaworld depends on how regimented you make your day. If you plan your day rigidly around the showtimes racing from one to another then you can easily do it all in a day, but if you prefer a more leisurely pace you may need a couple of trips to see it all.
As for dinner shows we did Dixie Stampede this year and enjoyed it very much. The food was very good and plentiful (not too sure about drinking from a jam jar though) and the show was very entertaining (just a little too sugary & patriotic at the end for me) my only warning would be to get discounted tickets from somewhere as it can prove quite expensive when you also factor in the cost of the 'special souvenir family photo' and the drinks being overpriced as they only come in take-away 'special souvenir cowboy boot mugs' :)

We enjoy Sea World in short doses but have been there several times over the years.
It is definitely at least a full day - we have always found it a very relaxing park to tour (asides from Kraken etc) but it can also be one of the hottest to walk round..possibly because of the plantlife and vegitation present.

Went to Daytona about 10 years ago I think - wasn't all that keen and there didn't seem to be a great deal to do..it no doubt has changed though.

For quality of beaches much prefer Clearwater so not sure we would go to Daytona again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter