Start date for Genie+

I note the reports of pre purchasing for the length of your stay. This will become the new free dining promotion.. lol
I hope not, but I'm really afraid you might be right. For our family of 5, I could see paying for a day or two of G+ and I'd not LOVE it, but could deal with the added expense at HS or MK. Free dining is SOOO much better. I wonder if free G+ would really be enough to entice more ppl to stay on-property for anyone?

Pricing…

Here is some sample pricing for Individual Lightning Lane purchases at WDW:

On Oct. 19:
Everest: $7
Mine Train: $10
Ratatouille: $9
Rise of the Resistance: $15

On Oct. 23:
Everest: $7
Mine Train: $12
Ratatouille: $11
Rise of the Resistance: $15

credit .. @ScottGustin. Twitter
If I didn't have to pay $120+ a day for a ticket I'd pay a price to ride ala carte ..... the fact that I do have to pay $120+ to get through the gate eliminates all possibility that I would pay an extra $29 - $45 a day to bypass a few lines. All that time in standby for me means less time buying food/drinks or perusing the shops and eventually less time in the parks period.

Hopefully very few people will pay for the Lightning Lane rides which will allow the standby lines to move more quickly.
I fully expect some of the paid LL to be filled quickly.
Remy - if you miss the VQ, I expect many to purchase rather than risk the 1 pm VQ.
7DMT - with younger kids who want to ride it, pay or wait 60 minutes.
RoTR - if you aren't there at RD onsite, many will pay the money.
FoP - if the line is long, people will pay.

I was hoping MMRR was not on the LL list, but we will standby for it; young kids don’t have too many options in HS( thankfully we only booked 1 day there.

Also Everest doesn’t make sense either.

The other side of the logic is, what else were they going to do? There's nothing else in that park anybody would pay for. And many will. Disney is banking on new guest not knowing any better. Great guest experiences, right?

Seeing as Genie launches 10/19, wonder if I can fiddle faddle, as Molly says, with my preferences for each day on my package booked 11/29 to 12/4. I will be stalking the Genie experiences is an understatement. I’m getting exhausted already, lol.

The other side of the logic is, what else were they going to do? There's nothing else in that park anybody would pay for. And many will. Disney is banking on new guest not knowing any better. Great guest experiences, right?
I’d think there would be an argument for the Safari, it’s usually a longer line in my experience.

but they may have given the Safari the same treatment as Slinky. Having the Safari on Genie+ might result in more Genie+ sales than if it were swapped with EE.

I’d think there would be an argument for the Safari, it’s usually a longer line in my experience.

but they may have given the Safari the same treatment as Slinky. Having the Safari on Genie+ might result in more Genie+ sales than if it were swapped with EE.

I admit I didn't think about the safari, but I think it comes down to turning dollars and (loads/unloads)/hour also. EE is likely going to generate way more $ than the safari, IMO, and I bet that factored it big time. Probably factored for the opposite reason into Slinky being excluded also, now that I think about it.

My thought is they kept out those rides to encourage people into buying GP+ For their family.

It includes at least one of more popular rides so worth it over IAS for something like SDD.

I know now that it is included we will consider it for HS when without that we would not.

Seeing as Genie launches 10/19, wonder if I can fiddle faddle, as Molly says, with my preferences for each day on my package booked 11/29 to 12/4. I will be stalking the Genie experiences is an understatement. I’m getting exhausted already, lol.
I don't remember where, but I recall reading that you can change a LL pass once for a ride only as well as only being able to ride a ride once with LL. Whereas with FP+, I could add, cancel and modify times as many times as I wanted. Maybe this feature will be added back in the future. I suspect they are releasing with minimal features initially to see how it performs.
So far, this looks like something we may purchase for 1-2 parks at most.
Molly had mentioned they got to play with it in the testing environment, that would be nice if we guinea pigs could do the same rather than trying to learn on the fly

facebook twitter