Star Wars Hotel

The Amusement Guy

Earning My Ears
Here's something to think about. What if...

The hotel was shaped like a starship. Since there is a minimum stay and people would arrive in groups, the windows were similar to the windows on Hogwarts train at universal, so as you arrive, what you see out the window is real time outside as your waiting for the ship to launch. A little later as the ship supposedly launches you see that out the window, then as it enters space you see what we've seen in their recent renderings. This would make sense, especially since there is a rumored park entrance from the hotel. Anyone else have thoughts on how they will pull off this hotel concept??

I am just glad that I will never care to stay there. I am just trying to understand, do people like Star Wars as much as they like Walt Disney World?

I am just glad that I will never care to stay there. I am just trying to understand, do people like Star Wars as much as they like Walt Disney World?
Disney is good at taking other works and making them their own, I don't think this will be any different. Even what we call classic disney stories, are sometimes a retelling with their spin. I think if it works, it will change the industry..

It's gonna be huge, people will love it and empty out their wallets to stay there. This is a game-changer. I'm only a casual Star Wars fan, and it's unlikely I'll ever stay there but I still think it's cool as hell.

This actually gives me a little ray of hope since several here have no interest in staying in the hotel. Lol I'm concerned it's going to be a hard reservation to get. We are Star Wars fans and cannot wait for this to open!

Star Wars fans that don’t even like Disney will stay there.

Yep. I mean there are tons of SW conventions and only a few small Disney ones. This is going to be huge. It will even make my resolutely not a planner behind plan. I have to get up early to get a room for Dragoncon and I've never done that for a simple WDW stay. There are tons of SW fans that will keep this booked with a waiting list for years, and I'm not even the most devoted SW fan by a long shot.

I think the total immersive experience will be like club level at the WDW resorts where you're whisked away to check-in and it will have an indoor pool for those club level guests. It would be too hard to do a total immersive experience with all resort guests and the expectations will be too hard to keep up with and match for all guests.

What if you want to look out the window and see a sunset - or the weather - or get fresh air ?
The beds look uncomfortable in the Star Wars hotel video

What if you want to look out the window and see a sunset - or the weather - or get fresh air ?
The beds look uncomfortable in the Star Wars hotel video
If you were in space, you couldn't do those things so youcan't do them at the Star Wars hotel which is supposed to be a total immersion in space kinda thing, no? If you need those things, this resort may not be for you I suppose.

MY DH and son are big Star Wars fans but even my daughter and I loved the SW dessert party. We're all definitely looking forward to staying here.

Me? More.
Wow, though good for you. We watched a marathon of the old Star Wars movies, since we have not seen them since we were in high school. I felt very nonstalgic watching, but it felt like going back and revisiting an old friend from and reminiscing. We are going to try and catch up on the movies from 10-15 years ago, so we can start watching the latest. Hopefully I can change my mind.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter