Star Wars Hotel

Yes that why I thought its was weird, but maybe you get to keep them. Whats another $200 tacked on to a 2 to 3,000 dollar per person stay. ;)
I predict you will have the opportunity to purchase a costume when you check in, but it won't be required. Majorly hyped and made very easy to do, but not required. :D

Maria :upsidedow

I predict you will have the opportunity to purchase a costume when you check in, but it won't be required. Majorly hyped and made very easy to do, but not required. :D

Maria :upsidedow

But that makes for a bad show for the others that do cosplay. :)

Maybe you'll have to agree to the "rules" before they'll let you book your room (space cabin).8-)

The people who don't cosplay are just from a very poor part of the Galaxy ;) I predict it won't be required because there will be some dads and moms paying the bill who flat out are not going to change their attire...

I'm just thinking of the complaints to Guest Services.

"I paid a lot of money to dress up in a costume amd NOT see others not in costume and I want my money back!" Now when they visit SWL (Stars Wars Land) they can just pretend they are visiting Earth. :rolleyes1:thumbsup2

I'm just thinking of the complaints to Guest Services.

"I paid a lot of money to dress up in a costume amd NOT see others not in costume and I want my money back!" Now when they visit SWL (Stars Wars Land) they can just pretend they are visiting Earth. :rolleyes1:thumbsup2

LOL, good point! And at the expected proposed price point I want my own personal Wookie! LOL

I sure hope they aren't recycling those costumes. Have no interest in wearing someone else's sweaty, farted in, clothes.

They have these things in space called "washing machines". LOL. Seriously though, I get what you are saying, but if they were reusing costumes, I'm sure they would be laundered (though at the price point involved I would hope you get to keep it). Have you never bought clothing from Goodwill or a thrift shop?

They have these things in space called "washing machines". LOL. Seriously though, I get what you are saying, but if they were reusing costumes, I'm sure they would be laundered (though at the price point involved I would hope you get to keep it). Have you never bought clothing from Goodwill or a thrift shop?

I haven't shopped at Goodwill or a thrift shop. But I would say (maybe I'm being too picky) that there is a difference between wearing clothes that had one owner vs wearing clothes that have had hundreds or thousands of owners. The latter sounds pretty disgusting but that's just me.

Zero interest in anything Star Wars or Marvel. I'm strictly classic Disney.

Me too, I am also not a fan of Harry Potter. But I do understand that it is smart business. Personally I think waaaayyy smarter than Pandora. I mean Star Wars is a proven brand for decades. Avatar was one movie that I don’t even think had a cult following.

Honestly, I’d say there are far more Star Wars fans worldwide than there are Disney fans, at least as far as the Theme parks go anyway.
Star Wars has been around for over 40 years and thanks to Disney will keep growing by leaps and bounds.
There are plenty of people who could care less about Disney who will be all over anything Star Wars related that Disney does.
When Star Wars Land opens the crowds are likely going to put anything else Disney Parks has done to shame. IMO they are doing this wrong...they should be building a 5th theme park in WDW that is 100 % Star Wars.

I agree.
And partly because I have no I trest so a 5th gate would impact the parks I want to visit less.

I haven't shopped at Goodwill or a thrift shop. But I would say (maybe I'm being too picky) that there is a difference between wearing clothes that had one owner vs wearing clothes that have had hundreds or thousands of owners. The latter sounds pretty disgusting but that's just me.

If you think about it, it’s pretty much the same as sleeping in a hotel bed- those sheets have been slept in by hundreds, of not thousands. I’ve had jobs where we’ve had a uniform issued daily so I’m personally used to the concept.

yeah, you are probably being too picky (after all you do use SHEETS, pillows, pillow cases, and mattresses at hotels that have been slept upon by thousands of people. Slept on...among other things).

But again, if they are providing a costume, I would expect to keep it at the price point their bandying about.

I sure hope they aren't recycling those costumes. Have no interest in wearing someone else's sweaty, farted in, clothes.

The two PP have made the point I was going to make - but just curious - do you stay in hotels at all? If you do, do you bring all new bedding with you, even the pillows? Towels, etc?

Heck...forget the bedding. At least that gets washed. Pillows and mattresses NEVER do.

The two PP have made the point I was going to make - but just curious - do you stay in hotels at all? If you do, do you bring all new bedding with you, even the pillows? Towels, etc?

I view it differently. I simply don't want to wear clothes that other people have worn, especially in that hot, humid Florida weather. It's disgusting and I can't be persuaded otherwise. But if you want to wear them, go for it. I won't stop you.

I view it differently. I simply don't want to wear clothes that other people have worn, especially in that hot, humid Florida weather. It's disgusting and I can't be persuaded otherwise. But if you want to wear them, go for it. I won't stop you.

And sheets people have farted/had sex/vomited/sweat/bled/peed/defecated on - somehow those are washed a different way and are magically cleaner? That certainly is a different view!

And sheets people have farted/had sex/vomited/sweat/bled/peed/defecated on - somehow those are washed a different way and are magically cleaner? That certainly is a different view!

People have sex in a Disney hotel :hyper2: Think of the children!

My youngest son would love to stay in a Star Wars hotel, at that price point it’s isnt going to happen. Neither will I be wearing a costume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter