Star Wars Hotel

People come in all sizes.....It would be a huge inventory of costumes to fit every size/body type. I think wearing a costume will be optional. I thought I read that somewhere but I could be dreaming.

MJ

But that makes for a bad show for the others that do cosplay. :)
I'll go so far as to say there is no way they'll require costumes. There are just too many people who would not want to dress up. Maybe for an event during the two-day period... like a costume ball concept, or something. But I just cannot see them requiring costumes for your stay.

Both official Disney blog posts say “guests are welcome to dress up” and “guests can dress up” which makes it sound like it will be optional. I do wonder if this means people can dress up in the SW section of the park since adult costumes are currently prohibited at Disney (unless it’s a Halloween event).

Although my husband and son can’t wait to go, I do keep tempering their excitement because I don’t think it’s going to be as completely immersive as some people expect. I’m picturing final product to be a little better than Universals Harry Potter areas but not a “whoa I can’t believe I’m still in FL” experience.

Although my husband and son can’t wait to go, I do keep tempering their excitement because I don’t think it’s going to be as completely immersive as some people expect. I’m picturing final product to be a little better than Universals Harry Potter areas but not a “whoa I can’t believe I’m still in FL” experience.
I still can’t wait (!!) but I get what you’re saying. But I would have loved an entirely separate SW park, so... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter