Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** January 15-18, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh... since you posted the maps, a thought popped in my head. What if we did a reverse Tink course? We could just run in reverse starting by LM in DCA and just chang what would be the finish at the castle like the Tink start and wrap it so we end at Star Tours? There would be all the open space in Tomorrowland and they could redirect us out through the backstage area by Rocket Pizza coming out near the entrance. Of course, I'm just biased b/c the Tink 5k course is my fave out of all the 5k courses they've done. :rotfl:

I was totally just thinking of something along those lines, haha. Maybe not finish in Tomorrowland (I'd rather have photo ops in that area personally), but still something about starting in DCA and ending somewhere in Disneyland for the variety. Do something different! I haven't done the Tink 5K course so I'll just agree that the Tink course is better ;)

Interesting language regarding the 5K from the RunDisney site.

It says that the 5K is not a timed event however it does still have the 16 min per mile pacing requirement. Any runner who finishes after the pacing requirement time ends will NOT receive a medallion.

Also, it says the the 5K course will run through Califormia Adventure and lists sites you will see along the course. it then says you will run PAST Disneyland Park. I know RunDisney is usually vague on the courses until shortly before the events but I thought that was a bit odd.

Nice catch! I went to check out their wording but it looks like it actually does go into Disneyland. Through Mainstreet and the castle and Tomorrowland where you will run "past" Star Tours is exactly what happened in this year's Tink. :)

"Make it a Jedi event and bring out the whole gang Friday morning for the Star Wars 5K. May the force be with you as you make your way through the thrilling Disney California Adventure® Park, followed by a run along magical Main Street U.S.A. and past Star Tours in Disneyland® Park. It's an intergalactic adventure for adults, teens, and tweens."

edited to add: I was really late to the punch ;) My sister isn't into running and I'm trying to get her to run the 5k (even though I know she'd be just fine after the 10k) so hopefully I can persuade her by Wednesday!

I'm hopefully in for the Rebel Challenge! I am running with a charity group, so I'm hoping that they can get enough spots for me :)

I've only run one Disney race -- Tink 2014, but I'm signed up for the Dland 1/2 marathon and the Wine & Dine this year. Tink was my first HM and I decided I love the distance. And, I decided that I love running Disney!

Oops, I quoted the wrong race. That's the description of the Half Marathon, not the 5K.

Jump into hyperspace and feel the power of the Force during the first-ever Star Wars Half Marathon run at the Disneyland® Resort. It’s a 13.1 mile intergalactic adventure in the most magical place on Earth. Your course takes you through Disney California Adventure® Park, past Disneyland® Park, and then on to the terrestrial streets of surrounding areas. Follow the path to the Light Side with your Star Wars favorites cheering you on your galactic journey. Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side. Darth Vader and the Forces of the Dark Side are not far behind!

So I plan to attend with a runner friend/ couple. None of us have AP or DVC. I do have the Disney visa and recall getting emails about races before. Was the visa email just a discount?
How does using someone else's AP work? If the passholder or dvc owner is not attending, would they still need to do the signing up for me? (Are they signing in with numbers they may want to keep private, or have to use their own credit card? ) I do have acquaintances in each group.
Now that my friend and her husband have agreed to do this, I am nervous about not being able to get them registered for the half, myself and my DH registered for the 5k and our 6 year old registered for the kids run before everything sells out.

So I plan to attend with a runner friend/ couple. None of us have AP or DVC. I do have the Disney visa and recall getting emails about races before. Was the visa email just a discount?
How does using someone else's AP work? If the passholder or dvc owner is not attending, would they still need to do the signing up for me? (Are they signing in with numbers they may want to keep private, or have to use their own credit card? ) I do have acquaintances in each group.
Now that my friend and her husband have agreed to do this, I am nervous about not being able to get them registered for the half, myself and my DH registered for the 5k and our 6 year old registered for the kids run before everything sells out.

I believe they may have used to have early registration for the Disney Visa, but for the past few races at least they've only offered a discount (during general registration, I don't believe the discounts work during early registration). As for using the AP there's just a link on the AP holder website that gets you to the registration page so as long as you have the link you can register. You don't have to be the actual AP holder.

Oops, I quoted the wrong race. That's the description of the Half Marathon, not the 5K.

Jump into hyperspace and feel the power of the Force during the first-ever Star Wars Half Marathon run at the Disneyland® Resort. It’s a 13.1 mile intergalactic adventure in the most magical place on Earth. Your course takes you through Disney California Adventure® Park, past Disneyland® Park, and then on to the terrestrial streets of surrounding areas. Follow the path to the Light Side with your Star Wars favorites cheering you on your galactic journey. Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side. Darth Vader and the Forces of the Dark Side are not far behind!

Definitely is interesting wording, but I think it's a fairly safe assumption that we'll be running through Tomorrowland, and Disneyland in general. I can't imagine them just doing DCA and then Anaheim. That course would kind of suck and a lot of people would be up in arms - considering the price - to not run the entire Resort.

I'm hopefully in for the Rebel Challenge! I am running with a charity group, so I'm hoping that they can get enough spots for me :)

I've only run one Disney race -- Tink 2014, but I'm signed up for the Dland 1/2 marathon and the Wine & Dine this year. Tink was my first HM and I decided I love the distance. And, I decided that I love running Disney!

First year and you're already going for Coast to Coast, I like it! I hope they're able to get you in for this one!

DH and I are going to sign up for the half.

I have never run a race in my life. I figure 6 months should be able to get me to the point to do the half. Even if I can't run the whole thing that is okay.

I am really not a fan of running but, Disney + Star Wars = Maybe I like to run? :rotfl:

I don't have AP or anything like that so hoping I can get spots on the day it opens for normal folk.

Do the hotels offer any type of discount for those running?

I have never run a race in my life. I figure 6 months should be able to get me to the point to do the half. Even if I can't run the whole thing that is okay.

I am really not a fan of running but, Disney + Star Wars = Maybe I like to run? :rotfl:

I don't have AP or anything like that so hoping I can get spots on the day it opens for normal folk.

Get travel will have discounted hotel rates race weekend. But I've found that I can get a cheaper room on my own w/an AAA card; I was able to book BWPPI for $107 a night for that weekend. GT prices are great for the 3 resort hotels though. I believe HoJo's does runner discounts. But not sure if you just call and tell them or they publish a code.

I'm in! :) love running at disneyland. It's my favorite. (Said in Elf's voice)

I'm in! :) love running at disneyland. It's my favorite. (Said in Elf's voice)

:cool1: Glad to have you, Patty!

We all get started for something, even just a love for Disney and Star Wars. We do crazy things for our passions, don't we? ;) And you can get yourself there in 6 months! Just remember to train ;) I slacked off on my training before my first half and I had never made it past 3 miles before. But it's possible. And it's more than OK is you don't run the whole thing. Have you looked into run/walk methods? I don't think I could ever run the whole thing, but I found that I could keep up the run/walk pace for the entire distance.

I'm gonna try to do AP registration on Wednesday as soon as it opens. Hopefully it goes smoothly. It opens at 9 (pacific) and my Grandma's funeral is at 10:00. So I have about a 10 minute window before we'll need to leave the house. If it doesn't go smoothly I'm screwed and will just have to try during normal registration then. We'll see how it goes. Cross your fingers for me that it goes smoothly. Lord knows I don't need to start crying before we even leave the house for the funeral!

I want to stay onsite that weekend. Anyone know if the get travel discount will be greater than the AP discount?

I want to stay onsite that weekend. Anyone know if the get travel discount will be greater than the AP discount?

I'm not sure. When I called for Tink and Avengers this year the AP rate for standard rooms was already sold out.

For Avengers in November, through Get travel we are paying $269 ($315 after taxes) for PPH.

Can someone please explain to me how early registration with an AP will work? Can't use mine because it won't be activated before then, but DF has been kind enough to say she'll register both of us. Unfortunately, neither of us has used an AP for early registration for a race before, and we don't know where to begin.

Can someone please explain to me how early registration with an AP will work? Can't use mine because it won't be activated before then, but DF has been kind enough to say she'll register both of us. Unfortunately, neither of us has used an AP for early registration for a race before, and we don't know where to begin.

There's a link that will be available on the AP website (they usually post it on the FB page as well) that takes you to the registration page through Active.com - once you are on the registration page you are set to register yourself, you don't have to enter any information about your annual pass account or anything like that.

My best guess is that they will be fairly similar, but it's hard to say for sure.

I'm gonna try to do AP registration on Wednesday as soon as it opens. Hopefully it goes smoothly. It opens at 9 (pacific) and my Grandma's funeral is at 10:00. So I have about a 10 minute window before we'll need to leave the house. If it doesn't go smoothly I'm screwed and will just have to try during normal registration then. We'll see how it goes. Cross your fingers for me that it goes smoothly. Lord knows I don't need to start crying before we even leave the house for the funeral!

I'll have my fingers crossed for you, and for everyone else hoping to register on the 4th. I really hope we can all get in.

Hi! I'm in for the Half. I'd love to do the challenge but I can't come up with that much money this soon. :(

I've run the Disneyland Half 4 times and the Tink Half all 3 times. In total I've run 12 Halfs. My next Half is the Disneyland Half this Labor Day Weekend.

I'm not running Avengers but my mom and I will be there volunteering.

I've already got a room booked for Star Wars at Best Bestern Stovall's. We're probably only staying Saturday night and the Disney hotels usually have a 2 night minimum, other wise I'd love to stay on-site.

Hi! I'm in for the Half. I'd love to do the challenge but I can't come up with that much money this soon. :(

I've run the Disneyland Half 4 times and the Tink Half all 3 times. In total I've run 12 Halfs. My next Half is the Disneyland Half this Labor Day Weekend.

I'm not running Avengers but my mom and I will be there volunteering.

I've already got a room booked for Star Wars at Best Bestern Stovall's. We're probably only staying Saturday night and the Disney hotels usually have a 2 night minimum, other wise I'd love to stay on-site.

That's the downside to them announcing it so close to the registration date :(

I've never had a problem booking only one night at the Disney hotels, which is usually what I do. I'm hoping for a good deal on Paradise Pier and getting a few people with me depending on how fast it books and what my rate ends up being. When they open the dates, I can keep you posted.

I am a new AP holder and have not navigated the AP website at all. Where will the link for early registration be in that section? I want to be sure I am in the right place when it opens!

Anyone have experience in the past on how fast the AP or DVC spots sell out on other runs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter