Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

To keep everyone on the same page.
A reservation from Oga, droid depot or savi won't give you access to rotr. You must join the virtual queue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191205-072616_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20191205-072616_Disney World.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 11
Has anyone taken a droid on ROTR? Just wondering if they respond to any of the rooms or scenes on the ride.

I am wondering this too - and also if they just have a spot to put your droid or other bags while you ride ... is there room in the vehicle with you or a place to put bags?

Has anyone taken a droid on ROTR? Just wondering if they respond to any of the rooms or scenes on the ride.
I am wondering this too - and also if they just have a spot to put your droid or other bags while you ride ... is there room in the vehicle with you or a place to put bags?

My DH took his droid with him on ROTR today. It was in the vehicle with him.

Last edited:

OK, so after only 1 day we already lost the remote to our droid. Probably on one of the rides. Does anyone know if they sell replacement remotes at Droid Depot? Do we have to bring in our Droid to pair him to a new remote? Thx.

I took a droid on, with it activated - they made me put it at my feet though (I tried to wear the droid backpack on my front but they didn't't like it) so I didn't see or hear if it reacted to anything in the ride. So basically, though you can take it on the ride easily, it doesn't prove anything extra... I was a little sad about that as from the promo material before the ride opened I kind of thought the droid might do something during the ride.

Now if Disney were truly mercenary, they would make trackless ride vehicles with droid slots for each row that you could slot your droids into during the ride and have them react to things...

I get them doing that for safety but it would be cool if they reacted in the walk through scenes. Oh well!

Do they react to anything in the queue? Even if like beeping when you pass something that is worth looking closer at or that you can you the datapad thing with or something would be kinda neat

OK, so after only 1 day we already lost the remote to our droid. Probably on one of the rides. Does anyone know if they sell replacement remotes at Droid Depot? Do we have to bring in our Droid to pair him to a new remote? Thx.
So went back to Droid depot with our droid, to the shop adjacent to the Droid assembly room. The cast member was great. Showed her our Droid and she went and got a replacement remote for us, no charge!! Wish I had remembered to get her name so I could applaud her to guest relations. Tragedy averted with the help of pixie dust!

Do the droid backpacks still regularly sell out in Orlando? Going in January and wondering what my chances of getting one will be?

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I’m trying to find a photo of what the chain for the droid backpack should look like. The one that keeps a BB units head attached.

Bought one from a reseller as a Christmas gift, to have for our post holiday trip, and I can’t fathom how the chain is supposed to attach/it looks like the chain may be missing something. If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

Is it worth the money to build the light saber as an adult? I mean I really want to built a light saber, but the old ones that my son built weren't that special so I don't want to waste money either. I will have a 9 and 11 year old also building.

Yes.......these are cosplay equivalent ones, not like the cheap plastic ones. Think in the neighborhood of products from Ultrasabers, Saberforge, and Vader's Vault as far as quality, except you get the design experience. Anywhere else, these would cost a minimum of $300-$400. Most of the parts are metal, and it seems to use a neopixel technology in the blade(with the rfid chip in the crystals telling the controller what color to change the blade to). The only aspect I wish Disney had done better with is making a heavier duty blade suitable for dueling, but there are workarounds you can find on youtube for that problem if you want to. You could opt for a legacy saber if you didn't want to put the money into a custom saber, but you would still have to buy the blade(which houses the blade color controller and neopixel strip). I feel you definitely get your money's worth from the new Disney ones, especially given the cost of equivalent sabers in the third party market.

How long does the process take. Trying to decide when to schedule. Will they ship back to hotel?

Are you saying we can't play fight with these? I might be able to control my self but the kids likely won't.

Is it worth the money to build the light saber as an adult? I mean I really want to built a light saber, but the old ones that my son built weren't that special so I don't want to waste money either. I will have a 9 and 11 year old also building.
Merging you to the proper thread

How long does the process take. Trying to decide when to schedule. Will they ship back to hotel?

Are you saying we can't play fight with these? I might be able to control my self but the kids likely won't.

I've heard the process takes about 30 minutes, but the line can get backed up. They should be ok for some light dueling, from all the reviews I have seen, but he tubes can bend in if hit too hard. Your kids shouldn't have the kind of strength to damage the blade yet though(takes a pretty hard hit). You can probably get them sent back to the hotel from somewhere in the park(I believe Dok Ondar's can handle this). So far, this is what I know. I hope I helped. Perhaps someone else can chime in with more information.

Just be advised that when sending back to your resort, it takes a day. You can not retrieve it till the next day. Not a problem if you are not checking out.

You can also send it to the front of the park for retrieval on your way out.

Has anyone run into an issue with their Droid Depot or Savi’s reservation conflicting with their ROTR boarding Group? I could see getting hung up in a ROTR BG causing you to miss your DD or Savi reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!