Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

This was the first time my 1:00 practice failed in a month. Was today harder to get than usual?

I figured out what happened. I wasn’t preselected so the third join button never went blue. It just got stuck on that screen and I didn’t see I had to hit select first.
@scrappinginontario and SweetJulia23, this does seem to be a change when practicing. As long as everyone is selected when it’s “for real,” I guess we can live with it. Just need to change post #1 in the big BG thread.

@scrappinginontario and SweetJulia23, this does seem to be a change when practicing. As long as everyone is selected when it’s “for real,” I guess we can live with it. Just need to change post #1 in the big BG thread.
As I mentioned in the RotR thread we are keeping an eye on it and will update the thread if required. 1 day of it acting differently does not necessitate changing post 1 yet. Will watch it for a couple more days then update if it's needed.

Would you automatically make your first day park be Hollywood Studios so you could try to get a boarding pass for ROTR or how do you decide that? I am thinking that we could plan to go to HS on the first day and if we don't get a boarding pass maybe we can try again on another day. WWYD? We are planning to go for 8 days at the end of August 2022.

Would you automatically make your first day park be Hollywood Studios so you could try to get a boarding pass for ROTR or how do you decide that? I am thinking that we could plan to go to HS on the first day and if we don't get a boarding pass maybe we can try again on another day. WWYD? We are planning to go for 8 days at the end of August 2022.
Yes, I think that would be a good plan. It doesn't have to be your first day, but for an 8 day visit I would plan multiple days at DHS. There is a lot to do in that park, so even if you don't get the ROTR boarding group you can enjoy a lot there, and then it's an easy hop on the skyliner over to EPCOT if you want.

I’d checking touring plans for what days have lower crowd levels at DHS since you are there for 8 days and book accordingly. If they are roughly the same crowd levels the whole stay, then doDHS day 1 to maximize RotR ride chances.

The end of August is good because the local kids are back in school by then, but I don't think there's a good answer for how/when until we see how the Lightning Lane and Genie app are going to affect this. When the local kids are back in school, Sundays have light attendance everywhere at WDW.

Right now, if you miss the 7 am boarding passes, the virtual queue requests open again at 1 pm for anyone inside the park and it's only people with reservations for that day because nobody can park hop before 2 pm. We (I'm local w/AP) were able to get a boarding group for the first time ever on Sunday the 22nd. We arrived around 5 pm, got Group #177 and we in the preshow at 8 pm. (Our first time on Flight of Passage was about 18 months after it opened, so I really didn't expect it to be sooner.) I've been watching the boarding group situation this week. Tonight, queue requests closed at about 7 pm. The last group was #154. On Thursday, the queue closed at 1:45 pm and they only had 133 groups. Monday it closed at 2:57 and they had 150 groups.

Just remember it's hot as Hades and you may have hurricane issues in late August, but the crowds are generally smaller.

We went again this Sunday and got into the Virtual Queue at 3:15 pm and got called at 6:43 pm

I just looked at the Virtual Queue and anyone in the park can join right now (Tuesday at 5:44 pm), they are currently boarding groups 95 to 108.

The end of August is good because the local kids are back in school by then, but I don't think there's a good answer for how/when until we see how the Lightning Lane and Genie app are going to affect this. When the local kids are back in school, Sundays have light attendance everywhere at WDW.

Right now, if you miss the 7 am boarding passes, the virtual queue requests open again at 1 pm for anyone inside the park and it's only people with reservations for that day because nobody can park hop before 2 pm. We (I'm local w/AP) were able to get a boarding group for the first time ever on Sunday the 22nd. We arrived around 5 pm, got Group #177 and we in the preshow at 8 pm. (Our first time on Flight of Passage was about 18 months after it opened, so I really didn't expect it to be sooner.) I've been watching the boarding group situation this week. Tonight, queue requests closed at about 7 pm. The last group was #154. On Thursday, the queue closed at 1:45 pm and they only had 133 groups. Monday it closed at 2:57 and they had 150 groups.

Just remember it's hot as Hades and you may have hurricane issues in late August, but the crowds are generally smaller.
[/Right. I am nervous about going then because of the hurricane season. I hope that by the time we go, it will be easier to get a boarding pass and all of the kinks will be worked out of the Genie. I find it so much more difficult to plan a trip there compared to the last few times we went many years ago. Thanks.

I think RDing Mickey and Minnie would be a good option since I expect most RDers will flock to SWGE.
Everyone needs to be linked as Family & Friends on every MDE account that will be used to try for a BG. So you need to go through the process of adding them (each and every person) as F&F to your accounts and they need to add you and your family to their MDE accounts, if they're going to try via their own MDE accounts. (MDE has instructions on the F&F page.) An alternative would be to pick one MDE account, add everyone to that one account, and on DHS day everyone logs into that one account to try for the BG.
Newbie question: What is the F&F page? Ty.

At 7AM you may try to make a boarding group from any location. At 1pm, you must make your BG from inside the park or if you tap in before 1pm, you can make the BG from outside the park.

Is this information from RoR BG relevant to Remy's? at Epcot.
I am arriving at MCO 10:30, would love to be able to join the 1pm BG from anywhere.

Is this information from RoR BG relevant to Remy's? at Epcot.
I am arriving at MCO 10:30, would love to be able to join the 1pm BG from anywhere.
Yes, the Virtual Queue for Remy's works the same was BGs did for RotR.

7AM the virtual queue is open to anyone with a park reservation. 1PM guests need a park reservation and must have entered Epcot prior to trying for a spot in the virtual queue.

Yes, the Virtual Queue for Remy's works the same was BGs did for RotR.

7AM the virtual queue is open to anyone with a park reservation. 1PM guests need a park reservation and must have entered Epcot prior to trying for a spot in the virtual queue.

Sorry, I may have copied that wrong. I was reading the post to mean if I had not tapped in yet to any parks and I had a reservation for Epcot, I could access BG from outside the park for 1pm. anyone had that experience?

Sorry, I may have copied that wrong. I was reading the post to mean if I had not tapped in yet to any parks and I had a reservation for Epcot, I could access BG from outside the park for 1pm. anyone had that experience?

For the Rise Passes you had to tap/check into DHS before 1pm to access the BG at 1pm but you could access it from outside the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter