Standard view at WL

mickeyway

Mouseketeer
I was looking at the resort room map and it looks like I have been staying in woods view when I thought it was standard. :confused3(third floor across from hidden springs pool facing villas) I just booked a standard view and asked to be across from the villas again. What can I expect ? Will I be over the check in desk looking at roofs? Are the standard rooms any different inside; smaller, no fridge, no balcony? Any and all info would be great! If anyone has stayed standard and wants to share any info that would be also great. Thanks!

expect a very small balcony, a view of the utility vehicles and a smoke house, on the plus side... you may be able to see wishes fireworks. the rooms are all the same, with the exception of the suites. they are on the smaller side, the decor while refurbed isn't that great, but better than it used to be. we didn't have a fridge in our room but now i think they all do if not one can be requested. all in all the wl is a nice resort but the rooms are lacking.

We stay standard and woods view but request north wing away from service area.... Most of our stays they up grade us to courtyard, which we enjoy and thank nightly for....

We prefer north over south for the location being closer to the boat dock and CS.... It's like one stop shopping for us... Out the room door, fill cooler with ice, down the elevator, stop in Roaring Forks for mug fill ups and out the door to a few steps to the pool, more tables on this side than north side of pool.... For us it's convenience!

the standard rooms have a smaller balcony? Do all rooms have a balcony? Are there any inside rooms with no window? I was just wondering. I hope I am not looking at a shed or parking lot but I get justify paying nearly 70 extra a night for a view. I figure staying at the lodge is great, so I will leave the room if need be and sit by one of the fireplaces or on one of the decks.

mickeyway said:
the standard rooms have a smaller balcony? Do all rooms have a balcony? Are there any inside rooms with no window? I was just wondering. I hope I am not looking at a shed or parking lot but I get justify paying nearly 70 extra a night for a view. I figure staying at the lodge is great, so I will leave the room if need be and sit by one of the fireplaces or on one of the decks.

Never had a really bad room, even over the service area was not that bad.... With slider shut and drapes pulled, never heard the back up alarms or traffic....plus there are plenty of nooks with sofas, love seats and fireplaces on different floors.....so convenient to pop over, bottle of wine and a book for some solitude!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!