Standard Room -VS- Perferred Room

Cass1424

Earning My Ears
Looking for suggestions on standard -vs- Perferred rooms. We have always stayed at Value Resorts in Perferred rooms which we loved since they are always closer to the main building and pools. This year we are thinking about staying in standard to save on money but we are not sure of the locations for standard rooms. Do you recommend one hotel over the others for a standard room location?

There are 2 values we have stayed in. At All Star Movies we were preferred but I felt like everything was close and I could have done standard. At Pop we did standard and we were in the 80's building and while it wasn't too far away it started to feel far every time I had to run back to the room for something, a couple days in and I was just tired of the walk.

Looking for suggestions on standard -vs- Perferred rooms. We have always stayed at Value Resorts in Perferred rooms which we loved since they are always closer to the main building and pools. This year we are thinking about staying in standard to save on money but we are not sure of the locations for standard rooms. Do you recommend one hotel over the others for a standard room location?

We did not have a preferred room at POP and felt that we were very close to the main building and bus stop. :thumbsup2. We were in the 70's section. :goodvibes

I stayed at all star music in a standard room and got a room far back it
took literally 20 min to get to the lobby i liked it there but i would get a preferred. I have stayed at all star movies in a standard room many times
and felt like it was close to everything worth the savings.

I've stayed at all values (except AoA) and the only one where I feel that preferred is important is at Music. It's layout is a little different and there are buildings further away from the main building than the others. I have stayed standard there (before there were categories) in the Rock Inn when I was a young 20 something with no kids and that was fine. But, with a family I think I'd pay for preferred now.

At Sports, we prefer standard and request Home Run Hotel (Baseball).
At Movies we book based on the theme we are interested in - we've stayed Toy Story (pre-categories) and Fantasia. When we were in Fantasia we could have thrown a rock and hit Love Bug which is non-standard.
At Pop, we are fine anywhere. The only thing I would avoid is preferred pool view as I wouldn't want all the noise from the main pool.

I stayed at ASMu in a standard room.. I was back in the Broadway section and it was a real trek to the front. I never used my refillable mug because after a day at the park, it was a chore to walk back to the front. If I stay there again, and I probably will, I will pay for the preferred upgrade.

I stayed at Pop in a standard room - '50s section. One of the '50s buildings is standard and the other 2 are preferred. To me, the couple of feet between the buildings wasn't enough to justify paying more.

I didn't think we were terribly far from the front. I went to the food court a couple of times and the bus stop once and it was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter