• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

STACKING DISNEY DIRECT! BUMMER but Promo's over :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
The items I ordered went on sale for half price the same day mine were delivered. It would have been cheaper to wait a week and order them (even with the stacked codes). This is a case of biting off one's nose to spite their face...angry customers don't place orders--with or without a discount! Good luck to those of you trying to reclaim your Best Guest status. :goodvibes

BluOrchid2 said:
I think some of you owe ccdude an apology. :(

For which offense: "twisting his arm" to force him to stack the codes, or assuming he was making up the best guest suspension letter? :rolleyes:

Perhaps if ccdude hadn't blamed others (see post below) for what he willingly did on his own, he would have more sympathy.

ccdude said:
I just tried to call my order in - it's confirmed, my Best Guest status is suspended! I took advantage of your advice and got suspended - thanks for nothing.

I just finished mine and will be sending it shortly. It's rather lengthy as I have pointed out that I 'could' call for a price adjustment because the items are now less than I paid with the, as they call it, 'manipulation' of their system!

I'll let you know what they say, if they say anything.

I think we should all send them an email.

OMG...You guys are too funny. I can't believe that you folks are actually upset with Disney. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

dis ms. said:
For which offense: "twisting his arm" to force him to stack the codes, or assuming he was making up the best guest suspension letter? :rolleyes:

Perhaps if ccdude hadn't blamed others (see post below) for what he willingly did on his own, he would have more sympathy.

The two are separate issues. An apology is owed him/her for treating him/her like a troll when, it has now been proven, he/she spoke the truth.

He/she *WAS* wrong to blame others for his/her own bad choice in stacking the codes, but that doesn't make it right for y'all to treat him/her badly, either. Two wrongs, and all that.

Exactly! You play with fire, you're gonna get burned. Everyone here knew that they were skirting the system, had found a loophole, whatever you want to call it. They got caught exploiting a flaw. Simple.

bluorchid2 wrote--Exactly! You play with fire, you're gonna get burned. Everyone here knew that they were skirting the system, had found a loophole, whatever you want to call it. They got caught exploiting a flaw. Simple.
end--

I agree with you. I knew when I stacked the codes that there was a possiblity that they would catch it. You would have thought they would have caught it and cancelled the orders.

What makes me upset about this, is that they singled the best guest out (even though I didn't know I was a best guest).

Another thing about this is that they never acknowledged that their system was flawed instead they pointed the finger at us. Where I work when our users tell us of a bug in our system we thank them and fix it.

They should have just fixed the problem....instead of wasting time writing letters to the best guests only.

Mac and Us said:
What makes me upset about this, is that they singled the best guest out (even though I didn't know I was a best guest).

Another thing about this is that they never acknowledged that their system was flawed instead they pointed the finger at us. Where I work when our users tell us of a bug in our system we thank them and fix it.

They should have just fixed the problem....instead of wasting time writing letters to the best guests only.

I understand your points, they are good ones. All orders with stacked codes should have been cancelled. And since they didn't do that, with no way to "punish" those people that are not Best Guests, they only punished those that they could punish. I agree with you that everyone should have had their orders cancelled, but probably lots of orders were already filled and shipped out before they noticed it.

BluOrchid2 said:
I think some of you owe ccdude an apology. :(

I'll be perfectly happy to apologize to "ccdude" when two things happen.
1. When he/she (probably she) comes clean and posts under their real name
2. When I get my letter suspending my best guest status

I have no problem taking my words back in that case.

anybody hear anything back yet....usually they respond in 24 hours but maybe they don't have their form letter typed up yet.

I'd like to hear if anyone hears back from Best Guest (that sent them an email.)

I phoned them and was told to email, but I have not heard back either.

Sue Ellen

I was stackin codes before it was evan posted on this sight. It is nothing new, and you can do it on many websites not just disney. Its all on www.fatwallet.com. I have not yet recieved a letter, I wonder who they decide to send them out to. I havnt ordered alot of stuff so i dont have any type of status with disney.

I sent them a longggggg email on 9/14 and haven't heard back from them.

I had 3 orders during the stacking frenzy. I went back through the slips this morning and compared each item to the prices on the web as of this morning. All of them are on sale now.

I then added up the sale items and deducted the 25% of my Disney Visa discount (on costumes/accessories only) and added $6.95 for shipping on the items that would not have qualified for the free shipping (under $25) and Disney Direct owes me $1.91.

So, what did they accomplish from revoking my best guest status? I will be watching their sale items and if they get lowered again before next Friday I will be calling for a refund (something I've always let go in the past).

I realize I should have 'followed' the rules but they should have fixed their glitch.

Sorry to all that the attempt to "skirt" the system has resulted in Disney "striking" back. It is funny how many state that they are Best Guest customers and that Disney should be honoring the orders. It is odd that the website states that one offer is allowed per order! Perhaps the stacking of codes violated what is in writing on the website? I see alot of postings blaming others for what was obviously an abuse of the Disney ordering system. Does anyone remember the Disney Store Thanksgiving code from 2 years ago? Comments on this board included: "I know its wrong but I can't help myself." " I hope they ship my orders before they catch this mistake." "Even though its wrong, they HAVE to honor the orders." "It's like stealing, the code is so good!" "The site keeps closing, I hope I get my orders in before they catch the mistake."

Why does Disney need to reconsider the actions it is taking? Best Guest is something done to thank customers for business, plain and simple. Why be upset when the truth is that the customers who tried this knew it was wrong? I don't blame any company for standing up for its stated policies.

I think what they (Disney) should have done, is freeze all the orders made w/stacked codes and contacted the customers stating that due to a error in the system, the items were allowed incorrect discounts and give them the option of either paying the correct price, or canceling the order.

It really does them no good as a company to create so much animosity with some of their best customers. Many of you will argue that they aren't very good customers if they cheat the system, but I bet their other "legitimate" orders add up to a lot more than any discounts they received off this one.

I do not have Best Guest status and will probably never earn it as my orders are small and sporadic as I find most of the items to be way overpriced. However, I would probably never order again if I had been slapped on the wrist this way.

Donna said:
Then why didn't she post under her real DIS name? That is what made it seem "not real" to us.
Anyways, no letter here yet. I will be checking the mail today. I don't think i ever got much of anything for best guest status anyways, if it does show up.
Nothing gained, nothing lost, IMHO. I can see why the platinums would be upset though and i would probably write to them about it. Disney's policy has always been if the system allows it, then it's valid. Something still doesn't add up (no pun intended) on this whole thing.
I'm just curious...how do you know it wasn't his/her real name?

calypso*a*go-go said:
I think what they (Disney) should have done, is freeze all the orders made w/stacked codes and contacted the customers stating that due to a error in the system, the items were allowed incorrect discounts and give them the option of either paying the correct price, or canceling the order.

So the offender should have no consequence, while the company that didn't do anything unethical should admit to said offenders that their system is flawed and let the offenders go unpunished. That just sounds absurd to me. It would be like a bank telling a bank robber:

"Hey Mr Bank Robber, I am sorry that you were able to rob our bank. Our security system failed. So just give us the money back and we'll call it even."

calypso*a*go-go said:
It really does them no good as a company to create so much animosity with some of their best customers. Many of you will argue that they aren't very good customers if they cheat the system, but I bet their other "legitimate" orders add up to a lot more than any discounts they received off this one.

The "legitimate" orders have nothing to do with whether the offenders are "good" customers.

calypso*a*go-go said:
However, I would probably never order again if I had been slapped on the wrist this way.

It's quite simple really...Obey the limits and you don't get slapped on the wrist.

Mac and Us said:
I then added up the sale items and deducted the 25% of my Disney Visa discount (on costumes/accessories only) and added $6.95 for shipping on the items that would not have qualified for the free shipping (under $25) and Disney Direct owes me $1.91.

So, what did they accomplish from revoking my best guest status? I will be watching their sale items and if they get lowered again before next Friday I will be calling for a refund (something I've always let go in the past).

You KNOWINGLY cheated their system...They don't owe you a thing. If anything, I would say that you owe them the money that you cheated them out of. Current prices are irrelevant, that doesn't change what you did.

Mac and Us said:
I realize I should have 'followed' the rules but they should have fixed their glitch.

You have two statements in the same sentence which I don't see a correlation between. Are you implying that because they had the glitch, that you are relieved of fault?!

Last week I ordered the rolling mickey cooler. I only used one code as I didn't have enough (price wise) to even attempt to stack.

For anyone who is interested, the cooler is so cute. Can't wait to use it at the beach next week.

familyoffive said:
Sorry to all that the attempt to "skirt" the system has resulted in Disney "striking" back. It is funny how many state that they are Best Guest customers and that Disney should be honoring the orders. It is odd that the website states that one offer is allowed per order! Perhaps the stacking of codes violated what is in writing on the website? I see alot of postings blaming others for what was obviously an abuse of the Disney ordering system. Does anyone remember the Disney Store Thanksgiving code from 2 years ago? Comments on this board included: "I know its wrong but I can't help myself." " I hope they ship my orders before they catch this mistake." "Even though its wrong, they HAVE to honor the orders." "It's like stealing, the code is so good!" "The site keeps closing, I hope I get my orders in before they catch the mistake."

Why does Disney need to reconsider the actions it is taking? Best Guest is something done to thank customers for business, plain and simple. Why be upset when the truth is that the customers who tried this knew it was wrong? I don't blame any company for standing up for its stated policies.

Yes I remember the $15 free coupon fiasco from a couple of years ago. However Disney handled that situation by canceling all orders. While I understand their reasoning for revoking my best guest status the problem I have is that many others who are not best guests are not being punished for it as well. Disney has decided to single out their best customers and punish them instead of just canceling all orders and treating everyone equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter