STACKING DISNEY DIRECT! BUMMER but Promo's over :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
ccdude said:
Since you know everything, here's my letter, explain this:

It has come to our attention that during the month of August, 2005 orders placed by you via the Disneydirect . com web-site were manipulated to apply/combine unauthorized discounts. Due to this prohibited activity, we find it necessary to permanently suspend your Best Guest status. While we appreciate your business and have enjoyed having you in our program, this type of abuse puts the entire Best Guest program at risk. Effective immediately, Best Guest discounts and/or privileges will not be applied to future orders on your accounts.

Eligibility pertaining to promotional discounts and coupons is clearly posted and/or stated at the time of purchase. While we work hard to meet and exceed the expectations of our Guests, it concerns us that this system manipulation occurred. Should you have any questions concerning this communication, you may email our Best Guest Service department at bestguest@disneydirect . com.

Sincerely,

Guest Services
Disney Direct Marketing, Inc.

WOW are you the writer for all of those "Dear Paypal Member" emails I get? :rotfl2:

freakylick said:
They removed the glitch, so there goes that theory.

You can still stack. Two codes are stacking right now. Like others have said...the coupons come and go and change, etc. Wait a few weeks or months...this thread will be hopping again with all the new stacking codes. Here's hoping....

Look what came in the mail today!

DCP_2523.jpg

frannn said:
now that is what you need on your MNSSHP t's!

We're going for Christmas, but they'll wear them to all the Princess meals (DD has all the Princess costumes from the last deal). We're doing CRT, PSB, and 1900 Park Fare dinner. They also have Capt Hook, Peter Pan, and Tink for the Family Magic Tour. Thanks Disney Direct!

3disneykids? Which two are still stacking? I need some more things I should have ordered more last week but oh well :(

Just placed an order. As you can see below, this was no deal for me and I will probably cancel.

Subtotal: $136.89
Discount: $25.00
Total Gift Box: $0.00
Total Shipping & Handling: $15.50
Estimated Sales Tax: $6.74

Grand Total Amount: $134.13

A savings of $2.76! Wow! :rolleyes:

That is why I never place an order without a free ship deal. Their shipping negates any savings that you might find.

Just be patient, V! ;) There will be a better deal soon. Halloween is getting closer. :)

ccdude said:
Since you know everything, here's my letter, explain this:

It has come to our attention that during the month of August, 2005 orders placed by you via the Disneydirect . com web-site were manipulated to apply/combine unauthorized discounts. Due to this prohibited activity, we find it necessary to permanently suspend your Best Guest status. While we appreciate your business and have enjoyed having you in our program, this type of abuse puts the entire Best Guest program at risk. Effective immediately, Best Guest discounts and/or privileges will not be applied to future orders on your accounts.

Eligibility pertaining to promotional discounts and coupons is clearly posted and/or stated at the time of purchase. While we work hard to meet and exceed the expectations of our Guests, it concerns us that this system manipulation occurred. Should you have any questions concerning this communication, you may email our Best Guest Service department at bestguest@disneydirect . com.

Sincerely,

Guest Services
Disney Direct Marketing, Inc.

I thought CCDude was making this up too until I got my letter today from Disney Direct. Verbatim of what he/she posted. I have been a best guest since the implementation of the program quite a few years ago and I am beyond upset that they would suspend the best guest program to those that used more than one discount. I personally used the best guest 10%, the 10% special offer, and the Halloween $10 off of a $50 order, making the order 20% off and $10 off of that. Disney has determined that was "system manipulation" and has taken away my best guest status (and I'm a platinum best guest.)

I'm curious how many of the rest of you with best guest status also receive this letter. Mine just came in the mail today. (p.s. I did place 2 separate orders, both with 20% off.)
I am beyond sad that Disney would take this away based on something THEIR system allowed to be done. :(

(former) DisneyCM

While I understand that they are upset, I personally feel they should get a programmer to fix the system to disallow stacking! I'm a programmer and a bug like that in our system would get fixed in a hurry.

I kept forgetting to sign up as a best guest. I remembered to finally contact them after the last stacking frenzy. They sent an email back telling me I would be a best guest. Now I'm wondering what they will do with my request.

I really don't care because most of the items I bought during the stacking frenzy have been further reduced on their site.....ie: lunchbox--I paid $8.99 they are now selling them for $5.99. I also bought the princess shimmer atletic outfit with the tee. I paid $19.99 EACH for the jacket and pants and $9.99 for the tee. The jacket is $11.99, the pants $9.99 and the tee is $6.99. Another item that I bought is the Nemo bathing suit for $7.99 and it's now $4.99. So, just those items alone equal $17.00.

EDITED: I spoke too soon. 4 of the 6 costumes I bought have been reduced (except for Belle and Snow White). Aurora & Cinerella are $1.16 less then I paid and Minnie is $2.44 less. Tinkerbell is on sale for slightly more.

To figure out what I really paid for each item, I took the total before the discounts divided by the discounts to get the percentage then figured the cost of each item for that invoice.

Also, I have a Disney Visa and I had things in my cart with the visacostume0525 code plugged in. I added the $16.99 Cinderella costume in the cart and got 25% off the sale price for a total of $12.74!

Geeeesss, I was beginning to feel guilty about the stacking but now I'm not!

I'm sure as halloween draws closer they will be reduced even further and I'll have lost all my discounts.

DisneyCM said:
I thought CCDude was making this up too until I got my letter today from Disney Direct. Verbatim of what he/she posted. I have been a best guest since the implementation of the program quite a few years ago and I am beyond upset that they would suspend the best guest program to those that used more than one discount. I personally used the best guest 10%, the 10% special offer, and the Halloween $10 off of a $50 order, making the order 20% off and $10 off of that. Disney has determined that was "system manipulation" and has taken away my best guest status (and I'm a platinum best guest.)

I'm curious how many of the rest of you with best guest status also receive this letter. Mine just came in the mail today. (p.s. I did place 2 separate orders, both with 20% off.)
I am beyond sad that Disney would take this away based on something THEIR system allowed to be done. :(

(former) DisneyCM

I received this letter today also. I am (was) a Best Guest - lowest level so I really have not received any discounts/privileges. I am ashamed that I placed an order stacking all the codes - I had a bad feeling from the beginning. :guilty:

Mac and Us said:
While I understand that they are upset, I personally feel they should get a programmer to fix the system to disallow stacking! I'm a programmer and a bug like that in our system would get fixed in a hurry.

I agree it was Disney's programming fault. This has been a problem with their system for several years. Their whole ordering systems needs a major overhaul as even their order lookup isn't up to snuff with other online sites. I didn't even use any of my best guest privelages on my order. I could really care less if they take away my status as the free shipping and 10% is usually offered anyways or they often times have much better offers that anybody can use. What about all the people who aren't best guests are they punishing them too? It's unfair to single out the best guest people.

Another glitch they have had in their system is incorrectly charging sales tax when applying free shipping codes or using the best guest free shipping. I have talked to and emailed Disney Managers several times concerning this issue and they have never corrected it and while they admitted that they charged me the wrong amount for sales tax they just send me a $5 coupon. I am sure the state taxing authorites would be interested in receiving letters concerning this issue.

I bought the Belle Deluxe costume and buzz lightyear costume on FRIDAY and now today they are both significantly reduced. In the past, they have always honored price adjustments, but NOT ANYMORE. according to "our records" your order began processing this morning so they can no longer offer a price adjustment. Every department store does this - usually within 2 weeks of purchase. She was adamant, until I asked for a supervisor. Then it magically came off.

Protest your punishment - where did it say it was not allowed? Their programming error, not ours - after all, didn't this thread start with an accident?

I received this letter today also. I was a gold status. I placed 3 or 4 orders. Oh well, it wasnt anything special to me! Funny, i also received a Big Envelope with a congrat letter for Gold Status on the same day it was taken away from me. I feel like writing return to sender on it and sending it back.

Well, guess I understand why they fixed the glitch, but it seems odd to me that they are punishing the best guests for a few reasons:

(1) The CM I spoke with a while ago (not during this stacking frenzy, but one a few months ago) said "Oh, I see you discovered our little secret..." and then went on to tell me that they don't mind...see previous post.

So now they mind...fine...but don't punish people for it.

and (2) Look at the sale prices now. Many of these items are less than or comprable to the prices paid with all of the stacking, so they STILL aren't out any money. Stop the stacking, fine, but why upset your "best" guests?

I'm not a best guest, so I guess this doesn't affect me (though I may find out differently next time I try to place an order).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter