STACKING DISNEY DIRECT! BUMMER but Promo's over :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, Disney Direct came out very well in this deal. Not only did they increase revenues and get rid of extra merchandise, but they attracted thousands of customers who otherwise would not have shopped there.

I think the only ones complaining around here are those who 'didn't get in on the deal' or those who lost their Best Guest status. I'm not a member of the Best Guest program but if I were, I would be miffed (like most of you obviously are). IMO, this was Disney's mistake, not ours.

DizneyDogs said:
Yes I remember the $15 free coupon fiasco from a couple of years ago. However Disney handled that situation by canceling all orders. While I understand their reasoning for revoking my best guest status the problem I have is that many others who are not best guests are not being punished for it as well. Disney has decided to single out their best customers and punish them instead of just canceling all orders and treating everyone equally.

I can understand that, but without knowing how that last fiasco turned out for them, it's hard to say why they are handling this one different. Maybe stopping orders and reversing credit card charges just cost more than it was worth in their minds. Maybe in this case, too many orders had already been shipped by the time they realized what was happening. I am sure they have reasons for handling this different.

I know this is a public board but there seem to be too many people who stick their noses where they don't belong.

DizneyDogs said:
Yes I remember the $15 free coupon fiasco from a couple of years ago. However Disney handled that situation by canceling all orders. While I understand their reasoning for revoking my best guest status the problem I have is that many others who are not best guests are not being punished for it as well. Disney has decided to single out their best customers and punish them instead of just canceling all orders and treating everyone equally.

THANK YOU DizneyDogs--that's the point I was trying to make.

Freakylick said:
"You KNOWINGLY cheated their system...They don't owe you a thing. If anything, I would say that you owe them the money that you cheated them out of. Current prices are irrelevant, that doesn't change what you did.".

Yes the current prices are relevant. The orders are within the 30 days window. They make adjustments to items that have since gone on sale. Besides, you can think of it on the flip side......I actually saved them money because now they don't have to adjust my invoice thus saving their CM's time!

It's not like I'm going to call them to haggle over it. The point I was trying to make is it was 2.5 weeks ago and the items are now at the prices I paid. So, what did they accomplish except to anger 'some' of their customers?

Freakylick said:
"You have two statements in the same sentence which I don't see a correlation between. Are you implying that because they had the glitch, that you are relieved of fault?!.

No, I am admitting that I was wrong. However, they knew their system is flawed and has been for some time and did nothing to fix it. Instead they singled out 'some' of us and slapped us on the hand.

I'm not in any way saying I was not at fault.

freakylick said:
So the offender should have no consequence, while the company that didn't do anything unethical should admit to said offenders that their system is flawed and let the offenders go unpunished. That just sounds absurd to me. It would be like a bank telling a bank robber:

"Hey Mr Bank Robber, I am sorry that you were able to rob our bank. Our security system failed. So just give us the money back and we'll call it even."
Do you really think this is an accurate comparison? Someone robbing a bank vs. someone getting an extra 10% off an order of overpriced merchandise. I think you're being more than just a little dramatic.

freakylick said:
The "legitimate" orders have nothing to do with whether the offenders are "good" customers.
Yes, they do. They may have someone that has ordered twenty times without stacking any codes. So now they are bad, bad people because they placed one order w/stacked codes -- I think not!

freakylick said:
It's quite simple really...Obey the limits and you don't get slapped on the wrist.
Well, I think a slap on the wrist by canceling an order w/stacked codes would have been much better, than the slap in the face of having your Best Guest status suspended after you had already invested major bucks through previous orders.

Mac and Us said:
Yes the current prices are relevant. The orders are within the 30 days window. They make adjustments to items that have since gone on sale.

Once one side of a promise is broken, all promises become null and void. Simple contract law

Mac and Us said:
Besides, you can think of it on the flip side......I actually saved them money because now they don't have to adjust my invoice thus saving their CM's time!

I am sure that they appreciate your "favor" :rolleyes:

Mac and Us said:
The point I was trying to make is it was 2.5 weeks ago and the items are now at the prices I paid. So, what did they accomplish except to anger 'some' of their customers?

Maybe what they were trying to accomplish was to tell offenders that their actions will not be tolerated.

Mac and Us said:
However, they knew their system is flawed and has been for some time and did nothing to fix it.

I still don't see what that has to do with their handling of what you did.

Mac and Us said:
Instead they singled out 'some' of us and slapped us on the hand.

So your complaint is that the cheaters didn't get treated fairly?!

calypso*a*go-go said:
Do you really think this is an accurate comparison?...I think you're being more than just a little dramatic.
Yes. Someone committed an offense and expected to just go back to be beginning as if nothing happened. Dramatic, yes...sometimes people need a two-by-four, not just a slap.

calypso*a*go-go said:
overpriced merchandise.
The price of the merchandise is irrelevant to your actions. Just because it is overpriced, that gives you no right to change the price w/o the sellers permission.

calypso*a*go-go said:
Yes, they do. They may have someone that has ordered twenty times without stacking any codes. So now they are bad, bad people because they placed one order w/stacked codes -- I think not!
My apologies on that one, I misunderstood your original remark. Now that I understand your original remark, I will say that it may not make you bad, bad people, but it certainly doesn't make you a best guest either.

calypso*a*go-go said:
Well, I think a slap on the wrist by canceling an order w/stacked codes would have been much better, than the slap in the face of having your Best Guest status suspended after you had already invested major bucks through previous orders.!

Better for whom?! You think going back to the beginning and acting like nothing ever happened is any type of punishment?

Regardless, I think most of you have already answered your own question....Why would they just cancel orders when you could then turn around and re-order at (more than likely) an even lower price?! That is not a slap at all...That's doing you, the offender, a favor.

You know, I have been watching this thread evolve and although I don't think that things have gotten VERY nasty, there is a lot of little nit picky, snippy posts being made.

Since the stacking is over and people at this point are just bickering, I think that it is better that the thread be closed.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter