St Thomas to St. John (Details, Please)

clarkgriswold

"Vacation? This is no vacation! This is a Quest!"
We're planning to go to St. John on our own. Can anyone provide the details we need? What time to we need to get off the boat? What does it cost to get a cab to the ferry? What time does the Ferry Leave. What time does it retiurn.

Thanks ( Dave :) )

Clark - I advise you to get Ellen, Rusty and Audrey off the ship as early as possible. ;)

You want to have as much time as possible on St. John, and when you allow for travel time, it's amazing how brief your day at the beach can be!

There are countless cabs lined up just as you get off the ship, and they will take you to Red Hook, where the ferries run every 30 minutes. You pay for round-trip ferry tickets at Red Hook. Then you catch another cab on St. John to take you wherever you're going. We went to Trunk Bay, and it is a BEAUTIFUL beach.

All told, for a family of 4, it cost me about $110.00. A bit expensive, but not as bad as a Disney excursion! :)

Make sure you tell your St. John taxi driver what time to pick you up at your beach... allow plenty of time to get back to the ship!

'Beano'

:cool:

OR you can save quite a bit of that cash, and rent a car from Avis
(right across the street from the Havensight dock) which for only 4 of you, you can probably get a car for about $40.. Then take the Red Hook CAR FERRY to St. John. We paid $27 ROUND trip for the car ferry. That is only $67... WE did it, and had a blast. Do what you're most comfortable with, but it's not hard to get around the islands, OR is it So not scary to drive there..We were JUST fine. Just my personal opinion..

GReat Tip on Avis!!!

Can we find a place to park there? Also, are driving directions availabe between the Magic and REd Hook Ferry and the Ferry in St. John and Trunk Bay?

Hi. When you ask if there is aplace to park "there', I'm not sure where you mean...? We went to Trunk Bay, and there is a parking lot. Also at Megans Bay there is, too. We went to both. There was a island map at Avis on the counter we used to navigate our way around. I knew before we got there where we needed to go, so it helped. The map wasn't the GREATEST, but it got US around with no problems. We made ONE wrong turn and knew it immediatly. We just turned around and never did that again. The islands are so small, you'd have to be pretty dumb to get REALLY lost there. (No offense to anyone who has gotten lost.. ;) ) Once you get to St. John, you just go LEFT down the only road there. You can go left or right. That's it, really.. Then when you leave Trunk Bay, or whatever "bay" you go to, just come back and go right. Simple. The islands are SO small.. OH, and know ahead of time. The ferries LOOK scary, but we were fine, and the trip was rather peaceful if you just look at the islands and the beautiful water. The rusty ferries got us there and back safely..:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter