St Patricks Day in Disney PTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommy2ash

<font color=deeppink>Has a Pooh pushin' Ash<br><fo
Cast

Me - Sonya 24 total disney addict
DD - Ashleigh 3 total mini disney addict, just wants to hug mickey and go on iasw
Nana - not going to mention age :lmao:, not happy that potc is closed.

When

March 14th -20th

Where

Santa Fe again. i know i know i said i wouldnt stay there but well its cheap.

Plans

So we are on the free dining offer. i am going to pay for the auberge myself using my shareholders discount, my mam isnt going to this meal. She really didnt like the food last time. We are also planning on going to the silver spur, annettes, cafe mickey twice and maybe the plaza gardens and restaurant des stars. I would love to go to walts but i couldnt see anything on the current menu to suit. I will have a look when i get there just in case there is something else we could eat. Which buffet is better the plaza gardens or restaurant des stars?? I am not a fan of buffets so if i could cut those two out i would be happier. i have to ring tomorrow to make my reservations and i still have no idea what days or times i am going to eat where. We prefer to eat our bigger meal at lunch so i will try to do that wherever possible and maybe grab some cs later on before they close for the day.

We are also not fans of cs in disney but seeing as we have vouchers we will give some a go. We do however like toad hall so are planning on visiting there. I have never had a hotdog in caseys so i will try that. I have never had a croque monsiur so i will also be trying that. Maybe try one of the pizza places and hopefully cowboy cookout will accept our vouchers.

Just like last time there is the problem of ash picking out her dresses. Of course she wants to bring them all but she has 12 and we are only there for six days. So far we have agreed on belle and ariel. So now she has to narrow down the list lol. She wants to bring tink, tiana, alice, cinderella, snow white, minnie and mulan. obviously she will have to leave three of those at home lol.

So now i need to sort out our clothes, make sure we have medicine, snacks, chargers, cameras, spare batteries and sd cards, money, tickets. i think thats about all. Oh i need to figure out where would be a good place to watch the fireworks on st patricks day.

Only seven days to go we are getting sooooooooooo excited :yay::yay::yay:

:cheer2:wooo hoooooooooooooo u did ur ptr!!

sounds like sum good plans - can help on the buffet - have done both, but one was june 08 and the other dec 08.... think they were similar in food wise tbh, like u im not a fan of buffets!!

u must do caseys - that quite often is our first visit lol and yes, do try a croque - i managed my first one last april! very tasty!! not sure where u can use ur vouchers, but will be waitin to see where u ate for sum ideas for us!!

bless ash and her dresses - think tiana is a must!!! really hope u enjoy st patricks day, make sure u get good pics!!!!!

see - im all excited for u too lol

this time next week............

Yay! See you there!

I've never seen the fireworks at dlp before but I searched the board and it seemed that in front of the castle or down main st was best as firework show is centered around the castle.

Good luck with the packing. I've got heaps to do before we leave on sat and nowhere near enough time.

well thats ashleigh packed. she tried on all her dresses and made her tough decisions lol. i am amazed that i got all six of her dresses into that teeny tiny tink case. in the end she picked minnie, snow white, cinderella, tink, belle and ariel. she really wanted tiana as well but i said to keep it for october when she will be there.

Yay for PTR!!! :cool1: Only a week to go - can't wait to hear all about it! :goodvibes

Hope the Santa Fe is good to you after last time - maybe an upgrade on arrival?? ;)

Totally agree with Ash on her dress choices, as you say, save Tiana for when she will be there!!! I am looking forward to all the lovely photos again!! princess:

I am looking forward to your food reviews, esp the buffets. We are thinking of either Plaza Gardens or Restaurant Des Stars one as Mum is diabetic and figure it will be easier to find something she can eat!!

Don't forget your passports - happy packing!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Ok so i have booked all my meals, although i am not totally happy with my choices but we can see if there is anything better once we get there.

I also had to wait 15 minutes on the phone, why does it always take so long for them to pick up!!

Anyway here is what i booked

Sunday 14th - Silver Spur - 7.30

Monday 15th - Cafe Mickey - 6.30

Tuesday 16th - Auberge - 12.00 - Annettes - 7.30 (not booked though)

Wednesday 17th - Plaza Gardens - 12.00

Thursday 18th - Restaurant des Stars - 12.00

Friday 19th - Cafe Mickey 12.00 (might change this to evening if we enjoy monday)

What do you mean, IF????? :lmao:

You're making me hungry now...

lol i meant if we enjoyed the evening slot as we will definitely enjoy cafe mickey :lmao:

im making myself hungry. is it normal that i know what i will be eating already :rotfl:

We are off to DLP next week too - 17th to 21st March. We arrive on St Patrick's Day so don't have much time to plan for any extra activities. Do you know what time the fireworks and St Patricks Day parade are or where to find out ? The event schedule is now on the DLP website until 19th March but not sign of any special events on 17th (St Patrick Day) itself ?

the park is closed at 8 so i presume the fireworks will be on at that time.

maybe they will have a separate schedule on the 17th.

the parade will be as normal just with a little preparade. this could go on at normal time or 15 mins early.

Ooh, we're in the silver spur Sunday night too. If you see a random woman waving madly that'll be me lol.

Monstersfan I found a picture of a st patricks day schedule from a previous year and posted a link on a thread here. I'm on my phone so haven't got the bookmark to post again but if you search you might be able to find. As I recall, other than the fireworks, there was nothing particularly special happening. Some dancing and music at various times.

Ooh, we're in the silver spur Sunday night too. If you see a random woman waving madly that'll be me lol.

Monstersfan I found a picture of a st patricks day schedule from a previous year and posted a link on a thread here. I'm on my phone so haven't got the bookmark to post again but if you search you might be able to find. As I recall, other than the fireworks, there was nothing particularly special happening. Some dancing and music at various times.

lol if you see a three year old excitedly screaming im at a night time meal mammy that will be us :lmao:

Thanks for the tips and the link - I missed this on your previous post but have found it now - really helpful. Thanks

To deepblue and mommyash - see you there - sooooooooo excited !!!!! (DH thinks i've gone Disney mad!) :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Im so jealous u only got like 5 sleeps to go while i have like 2 months!!!!
You have to tell me how do you contain your excitement as i can't :rotfl:

Im so jealous u only got like 5 sleeps to go while i have like 2 months!!!!
You have to tell me how do you contain your excitement as i can't :rotfl:

oh dont worry i dont deal very well with it :lmao: it helps that my three year old is disney mad. her fave game at the minute is playing disneyland. she pretends to pack her case, go to the airport, go to the hotel, head to the park, meet characters, go on rides :rotfl2: did i mention we are crazy :rotfl:

owhh...thats so sweet of ash..:lovestruc
i'm sure she will have a fantabulous time there!!:goodvibes

HTH

Only five more days till i go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cases are almost packed, i went to town today to buy last minute bits and pieces. I couldnt find white pumps in ashleighs size to wear with her tink dress but i found a silver pair of shoes that are cute so they will do instead. i am hoping to be able to buy tink shoes in dlp. i remember in 2008 seeing really cute shoes but im not sure if they still have them. I got my spending money out of the bank, got my dvds for my camcorder. not much left to do but be excited :lmao:

you can use the vouchers in cowboy cookout (hmmmm bbq sauce yum!) you have to pay a little extra (the drinks i think)

we forgot jemmas dresses grrrrr! i was the worst (for about 5 mins til we got to the park!) well done on squeezing them all in :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

hope you have the best time
kizzy
xxx

you can use the vouchers in cowboy cookout (hmmmm bbq sauce yum!) you have to pay a little extra (the drinks i think)

we forgot jemmas dresses grrrrr! i was the worst (for about 5 mins til we got to the park!) well done on squeezing them all in :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

hope you have the best time
kizzy
xxx

thanks for that. i would love to try the cowboy cookout. it looks really nice. i wouldnt mind paying a few euros extra.

omg if i forgot ashleighs dresses i would be murdered :scared1: she would have to get over it but still lol.

thanks so much i hope everything goes smoothly this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter