St. Kitts Beach Break SK40

Chyvalri

Earning My Ears
We'll be sailing to St. Kitts in October as part of our Southern Caribbean cruise - super excited. Wondering about excursions.

I've seen this question posted multiple times while searching but no one ever seems to answer.

Does anyone have a review of the SK40 Beach Break excursion? Is it worth it? How's the sand, the water, the ambiance?

Thanks everyone!

Can't help you with that excursion.

We went to Carambola Beach Club on our own. Easy 10 minutes taxi ride. Reserved chairs and made lunch reservations at the beach club ahead of time.
Water was AMAZING. Lunch service a little slow.

The taxi plus chairs was definitely cheaper than the Disney tour. And it was easy.

Had a great time.

So I can't comment on the excursion directly - we did a private tour and drove around the island for the day. What our driver pointed out though: the Atlantic side of the island has a lot of trouble with the sargassum seaweed. Frigate Bay (where the Disney tour goes) does not seem to have it - but if you would pick somewhere else to go to the beach, just be aware.

Can't help you with that excursion.

We went to Carambola Beach Club on our own. Easy 10 minutes taxi ride. Reserved chairs and made lunch reservations at the beach club ahead of time.
Water was AMAZING. Lunch service a little slow.

The taxi plus chairs was definitely cheaper than the Disney tour. And it was easy.

Had a great time.
Thanks for this!

Were you concerned for safety at all? I've never taken an excursion without Disney... 5th cruise - lol

So I can't comment on the excursion directly - we did a private tour and drove around the island for the day. What our driver pointed out though: the Atlantic side of the island has a lot of trouble with the sargassum seaweed. Frigate Bay (where the Disney tour goes) does not seem to have it - but if you would pick somewhere else to go to the beach, just be aware.
Great advice. Thank you!

We did this excursion in 2017. The area is gorgeous, but there was very little sand in the water that was seaweed-free so everyone was crowded together in the little bit of water that didn't have any seaweed. Also, the beach chairs take up a lot of space on the sand so there wasn't as much room to play in the sand, build castles, etc as other beach excursions we have done. My kids still found a way to play and have fun, but it felt crowded. If we go again, I would probably try a different excursion.

Thanks for this!

Were you concerned for safety at all? I've never taken an excursion without Disney... 5th cruise - lol

Not the slightest bit concerned.
Taxi driver was friendly, returned at the appointed time.
Everyone speaks English.

There were a few people on the beach offering photos with African Green Monkeys (no thank you) and tube rides behind jet skis (yes, thank you).

Had a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter