• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Room Recommendation?

WDWRook

DIS Veteran
Hello,

Staying at SSR for two nights following a Disney Cruise at the end of Jan. We won't be going to any parks, just hanging at the pool, visiting Disney Springs, and dinner at OHana. I have a DS12 and DD8 in tow. We did not get the preferred rooms. Thoughts on where we should make a request for our room?

I've stayed at the Paddock section twice, they have a great themed pool and quick food service area. You can take an internal bus to Disney Springs or walk to the boat launch.

Definitely the Paddock. It's the middle bus stop. We were always able to get seats on the busses, but they'd be gone by the next stop. We love the Paddock pool (more than the feature pool) and the Paddock Grill (more than the main QS restaurant). And honestly, it's not that long of a walk to the main building and it's across that beautiful bridge over the water. Very pleasant.

How bad is it to walk from either Paddock near the pool or Grandstand near the pool, over the Disney Springs? I know the Grandstand is real close to the boat docks and the main pool and building.

Are any of the buildings more updated than others?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter