SSR/OKW/DTD boats

cruisedad

Experienced Mouse
Maybe I missed the news but if not I just found this out: The boats from SSR and OKW to DTD now go only to the Pleasure Island dock. The return trips also only leave from Pleasure Island. You can't go from SSR to OKW by boat unless you go to PI first and change boats.pirate:

::yes:: We found this out on our trip May 30-june 7.....unpleasant surprise when we went to get on at the Marketplace dock :( Took the bus that time.....but did take it later in the trip.

When they added the Treehouse dock, the route was changed a couple of weeks ago. There are a few posts about it on here somewhere.

What is the quickest/most efficient way to get from SSR to OKW?
Walking is certainly an option.

I was just using the measure path tool in Google Earth to measure some paths. I don't know which section you're staying in. But here are some sample walking distances:

It's about 1.31 miles to walk from the SSR Carriage House along the river to the OKW Hospitality House. In the scheme of things, and the amount of walking you do at WDW, a mile and a half isn't that far. Depending on your pace, walking is probably the quickest way to get there.

From the bus stop at the Grandstand Section of SSR, it's a 1.21 mile walk to the Hospitality House at OKW.

From the Treehouse villas section of SSR, it's a .97 mile walk to the Hospitality House at OKW.

From the Congress Park bus stop to the Downtown Disney Marketplace entrance is about .5 miles. If you're in (or close to) this section, it's a quick walk to the DTD Marketplace bus stop where you can pick up an OKW bus.

If you're not into walking, you can take the internal SSR bus to the DTD Marketplace and change buses to an OKW bus. (The DTD buses don't seem top run quite as often as the theme park buses. You could wait as much as 20-30 minutes at each bus stop if you hit the worst case scenerio.)

You can also do the same taking the boat. Grab the boat at the Carriage House, change at Pleasure Island, and catch the boat up to OKW. (This would probably take the longest amount of time.)

Maybe I missed the news but if not I just found this out: The boats from SSR and OKW to DTD now go only to the Pleasure Island dock. The return trips also only leave from Pleasure Island. You can't go from SSR to OKW by boat unless you go to PI first and change boats.pirate:

DD found this out today when she went to take the boat from OKW to SSR to go to the health club. Also found out they now charge you at SSR to use the facilities of the health club ($12).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter