SSR Lovers and Owners Part 4

I was trying really hard to ignore this but since you asked... C-A-R-R-I-A-G-E is the correct spelling (not carraige). It's misspelled throughout your new posts.
I wrote the whole thing in Word before copy pasting it, so I was trying mightily to understand why it didn’t underline that as a misspelling. Apparently it ignores words that one capitalizes, as it assumes they’re proper nouns. 🤦‍♂️

As noted in my little about me line, I’m a math person, not an English major! 🤣

I'm considering booking dinner at one of the other resorts. Assuming that I'm staying at Congress Park; how much time should I factor into shuttling to another resort ( even if it's the furthest away resort like the Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Polynesian Resort )?

In terms of shuttling to the resorts from SSR ( while assuming that I stay in Congress Park ), is it easier to walk over to the Disney Springs shuttle area and then take a shuttle from there to one of the resorts ( I assume that there are direct shuttles to resorts from Disney Springs )?

or

Is it better to go on a shuttle to the closest theme Park from the main Shuttle at SSR and then find the next quickest hop to the Resort ( like taking a shuttle to MK and then taking the monorail to the Polynesian resort )?

Any overall thoughts on the quickest route from Resort to Resort and how long it will take?

Like every other person that obsesses over planning for the trip, I try to figure out what time to leave the room to get to certain places by a certain time ( in this case a dinner reservation ).

I'm considering booking dinner at one of the other resorts. Assuming that I'm staying at Congress Park; how much time should I factor into shuttling to another resort ( even if it's the furthest away resort like the Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Polynesian Resort )?

In terms of shuttling to the resorts from SSR ( while assuming that I stay in Congress Park ), is it easier to walk over to the Disney Springs shuttle area and then take a shuttle from there to one of the resorts ( I assume that there are direct shuttles to resorts from Disney Springs )?

or

Is it better to go on a shuttle to the closest theme Park from the main Shuttle at SSR and then find the next quickest hop to the Resort ( like taking a shuttle to MK and then taking the monorail to the Polynesian resort )?

Any overall thoughts on the quickest route from Resort to Resort and how long it will take?

Like every other person that obsesses over planning for the trip, I try to figure out what time to leave the room to get to certain places by a certain time ( in this case a dinner reservation ).

You can get places pretty quickly if you are open to Uber / Lyft. I think we got to AKL in about 15 minutes for under $15. It’s about a 10-15 minute walk to the DS buses. From there I think it was maybe 20 minutes to CSR and less to Beach Club / Boardwalk.

or

I would also strongly recommend taking a taxi of some sort (traditional, Uber/Lyft, or Minnie Van) to go resort to resort.

Otherwise I would suggest walking to Disney Springs and catching the direct bus to the second resort, and budget plenty of time, the buses from Disney Springs to the resorts aren’t as frequent as the ones from the parks.

I have our first SSR stay booked for October :beach: .
It will be just DH and I and I requested a room in the Congress Park area since this will be a quick, 3-night "resort-only" trip.
Our arrival time will tentatively be around 1:30pm and we are arriving via towncar service. If our room is already ready, will we be able to have our driver drop us off at our building? Or will we have to stop at the Carriage House? Also, when we depart, I have not decided yet between Uber/Lyft or a towncar service back to the airport. With either of those options, will we have to go to the Carriage House to get picked up or can they come directly to our building?

Nice write up! Thank you for the new thread. I guess I had not looked into the treehouses since I didn’t know there is no king bed.

It will be just DH and I and I requested a room in the Congress Park area since this will be a quick, 3-night "resort-only" trip.
Our arrival time will tentatively be around 1:30pm and we are arriving via towncar service. If our room is already ready, will we be able to have our driver drop us off at our building? Or will we have to stop at the Carriage House? Also, when we depart, I have not decided yet between Uber/Lyft or a towncar service back to the airport. With either of those options, will we have to go to the Carriage House to get picked up or can they come directly to our building?
All pick up / drop off it done at at carriage house, that is where the guard will direct the driver to go when letting them into the gate so they will follow the instructions of the guard as to not get banned from Disney property. They have a ride share pick up area

All pick up / drop off it done at at carriage house, that is where the guard will direct the driver to go when letting them into the gate so they will follow the instructions of the guard as to not get banned from Disney property. They have a ride share pick up area
Just a note. You can hop on any of the Park buses and the last stop will be the Springs, which is right in front of the Carriage House. No need to walk.

or

Quickest will be rideshare/taxi/Minnie Van, as above. Actual driving time would probably be around 15-30 minutes depending on which resort you’re traveling to.

Next would be DS bus to that resort, and I’d allow a good 90 minutes from arriving at the DS bus stop. If a bus is there and ready to leave as soon as you board, you’ll have time to explore the resort. If you just missed one, the next one might not arrive for 20-30 minutes!

I would also strongly recommend taking a taxi of some sort (traditional, Uber/Lyft, or Minnie Van) to go resort to resort.

Otherwise I would suggest walking to Disney Springs and catching the direct bus to the second resort, and budget plenty of time, the buses from Disney Springs to the resorts aren’t as frequent as the ones from the parks.
Yeah, this is my thought when it comes to going from resort to resort. I have a party of 7, so I'm not planning on taking Uber and prefer not to spend the extra money. I don't mind carving out an hour to walk and get to a bus stop then take it to another resort.

Quickest will be rideshare/taxi/Minnie Van, as above. Actual driving time would probably be around 15-30 minutes depending on which resort you’re traveling to.

Next would be DS bus to that resort, and I’d allow a good 90 minutes from arriving at the DS bus stop. If a bus is there and ready to leave as soon as you board, you’ll have time to explore the resort. If you just missed one, the next one might not arrive for 20-30 minutes!
Interesting thought.

Assuming that I'm staying at Congress Park, I wonder if it's quicker to take a bus to the Theme Parks from Disney Springs as opposed to taking the main Bus at Carriage House.

Interesting thought.

Assuming that I'm staying at Congress Park, I wonder if it's quicker to take a bus to the Theme Parks from Disney Springs as opposed to taking the main Bus at Carriage House.
There aren’t any buses between DS and theme parks. So the best you could do is bus from SSR (catch bus at Congress Park stop, no need to walk to Carriage House, it’s the same bus) to a park, then catch a bus to the resort. Coming home you’d have to be conscious of closing time for the park where you’d transfer, but you could take a bus from that resort to DS and then either walk or bus from DS to SSR.

We’ve always been able to go directly to Congress Park. Then we call for Bell to delivery groceries and our Owners’s Locker. I haven’t tried with a town car but we have had many Uber and Lyft cars come direct to our building. Instacart though has had to go to the main lobby.

I know that I am totally an old-school type of traveller. But when I am paying a lot of money to stay at a really nice resort, I'm used to daily housecleaning server whenever I travel.

At SSR, is there daily housecleaning service that is provided?

or

Is that something that I have to formally request?

I understand that due to COVID years back that this has scaled back at some hotels that I have stayed at where I have to request the service if I want housecleaning. But I don't know if things have changed over the years.

I know that I am totally an old-school type of traveller. But when I am paying a lot of money to stay at a really nice resort, I'm used to daily housecleaning server whenever I travel.

or

I understand that due to COVID years back that this has scaled back at some hotels that I have stayed at where I have to request the service if I want housecleaning. But I don't know if things have changed over the years.
Are you staying using points? I believe one key difference with DVC stays is they don’t have daily housekeeping (I think they come once every 7 days but could be misremembering). I think for cash stays they come but I’m not sure how frequently after COVID.

or

If you book the room via Disney’s regular hotel website, you’ll get daily housekeeping.

If you book the room on points, or with someone else’s points, the official policy is this:
For stays of 7 or less consecutive nights in the same Vacation Home, the Disney Vacation Club Resort will provide a “Trash & Towel” service on the fourth consecutive day of the stay.

For stays of 8 or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8 (after which the cycle begins again on day 12). This service schedule applies regardless of whether you are using a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points, or a combination of both.

Please note that Disney Resort hotel Cast Members visually inspect every room for maintenance, safety, security and other purposes daily. As part of this daily inspection, Cast Members also will remove trash bags as an enhanced service for Disney Vacation Club Members.

In practice, a lot of people find themselves getting refreshed towels more frequently than every 4 days, but it’s not a guarantee. They also vacuum on day 4 and replenish any of the consumables you may have exhausted.

It’s not clear if additional services are available for purchase; currently online it says no, but some people have reported seeing signs in other WDW resorts dated 2024 with pricing. It was definitely available prior to the Covid shutdown. I haven’t seen anyone here actually try to get it.

or

I know its been answered by a lot of others,,,but here is what we do. We catch a bus to the nearest park,,providing the park is still open,,,then either walk, skyline, or take a bus to final resort. Really depends on what resort the dining is at. IE. Riveria, take bus to HS, and skyliner from there. Also good for BC and BW. For any of the MK resorts take the Monorail or boat, also good for WL. For AKL will need to goto AK and bus from there.
For timing,,count on 1 hour,,,if early and most likely early walk around or catch a drink, low stress. Enjoy.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest