SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Looking at the map the resort looks very large and spread out. If you are placed in a room far from the carriage house, do they offer assistance getting to your room with your bags? How far of walk would it be to the farthest villa in either direction?

Looking at the map the resort looks very large and spread out. If you are placed in a room far from the carriage house, do they offer assistance getting to your room with your bags? How far of walk would it be to the farthest villa in either direction?
Yes they offer room drop off/pick up with Bell services. As far as the distance I'm not sure. But you can jump on any park bus and the last stop is the Springs and that's a 3 minute walk to the main building.

Can I ask, I’m looking at buying at SSR but looking at floor plans on one of the DVC resale sites it says for the one bed that they sleep 5 but you have to bring your own bedding for the 5th person. We’re a family of 5 (although eldest is 18 so may not travel a lot with us in the future) and bringing bedding from the Uk just isn’t practical. Do they not provide bedding at all for the 5th person? Is there anyway around this?

We are also a family of five. My wife, DD 22, DD 17, DD 12 (😭) and myself. We do find the 1BR villa at SSR cramped. Space is limited and one bathroom is rough. Remember if you are looking to buy into DVC you can stay at other DVC resorts and use your points. You can also bank your points to use them later.

Can I ask, I’m looking at buying at SSR but looking at floor plans on one of the DVC resale sites it says for the one bed that they sleep 5 but you have to bring your own bedding for the 5th person. We’re a family of 5 (although eldest is 18 so may not travel a lot with us in the future) and bringing bedding from the Uk just isn’t practical. Do they not provide bedding at all for the 5th person? Is there anyway around this?
After the recent refurb all 1 bd sleep 5. No bring your own bedding anymore. King bed, pull down queen and the twin sized trundle bed.

I’m staying in a 1bedroom preferred room in March with my dd, ds, and MIL. I’ve requested to be in the Springs area since my daughter is visually impaired and would like to be able to go to the Carriage House on her own easily.

My son is a bit younger and I’ll probably spend more time at the pool with him. I know the springs pool will be closed during that time so what would be the easiest pool to get to and are there other feature pools besides that one??

Also what’s the order of the bus stops? I’ve only stayed at SSR once and can’t remember.

Thanks!

I’m staying in a 1bedroom preferred room in March with my dd, ds, and MIL. I’ve requested to be in the Springs area since my daughter is visually impaired and would like to be able to go to the Carriage House on her own easily.

My son is a bit younger and I’ll probably spend more time at the pool with him. I know the springs pool will be closed during that time so what would be the easiest pool to get to and are there other feature pools besides that one??
The Paddock pool is also a feature pool with slide as well as a kiddie play area (if your son would enjoy that too). It’s a short walk from Springs, but you can also take the bus.
Also what’s the order of the bus stops? I’ve only stayed at SSR once and can’t remember.

Thanks!
Coming from the parks, it’s Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, Springs. I believe the Disney Springs bus goes in the opposite direction, which means you might could take it from Springs to Paddock, but I’m not sure.

Here’s the map of SSR: https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/Saratoga.htm. You can walk across the bridge from Springs to Paddock.

The Paddock pool is also a feature pool with slide as well as a kiddie play area (if your son would enjoy that too). It’s a short walk from Springs, but you can also take the bus.

Coming from the parks, it’s Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, Springs. I believe the Disney Springs bus goes in the opposite direction, which means you might could take it from Springs to Paddock, but I’m not sure.

Here’s the map of SSR: https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/Saratoga.htm. You can walk across the bridge from Springs to Paddock.
Thank you!

Looking into purchasing DVC for the first time, and would love to hear why you decided to purchase at Saratoga.

Looking into purchasing DVC for the first time, and would love to hear why you decided to purchase at Saratoga.
We first stayed here when it was Disney Institute and loved it. It is large, but that brings a variety of experiences with multiple pools and the treehouse villas. Proximity to Disney Springs is nice. The initial cost and dues are lower than other resorts.

We book at 11 months, and then change to 7 months if we want another resort, but we have a backup if nothing is available that works for us.

We purchased DVC for the purpose of locking in rates at deluxe resorts and were looking for the lowest possible cost of ownership. At the time we bought, (2017), SSR resale was the best bang for the buck.

It works for us as a home resort because we aren't usually ready to book right at 11 months, so the 11 month window at a harder-to-get resort would be wasted on us. We travel during lower demand seasons (summer) and frequently book one bedrooms, so we can always book where we want at 7 months. We've never actually stayed at SSR but aren't opposed to doing so in the future.

I just realized we’ll be at SSR on Super Bowl Sunday. It would be perfect to walk to DS if my kids actually cared about football. Any experience from previous years watching the game at SSR? I‘ve seen that Turf Club usually has it playing- will it get crowded and will we have to get there early? Maybe I’ll just stock the fridge for my husband in the room (but not too much bc I’m making him wake up early for a Monday park day!)

After the recent refurb all 1 bd sleep 5. No bring your own bedding anymore. King bed, pull down queen and the twin sized trundle bed.
I think that there are a small # of 1 bedrooms at SSR that did not get the small under TV bed. I haven’t heard how many are missing the bed. So there are some rooms that will only have bedding for 4.

I think that there are a small # of 1 bedrooms at SSR that did not get the small under TV bed. I haven’t heard how many are missing the bed. So there are some rooms that will only have bedding for 4.
I'd be interested to know if this is true and if so how many...

We just upgraded from a one-bedroom to a two-bedroom standard villa. We usually request the Grandstand section (love water and golf-course views, as well as the first bus stop), but are hoping to give Paddock a try this time. Before I submit a room request, I thought I'd check here. I am thinking about requesting building 8 (4500-4800) or 9 (5100-5400), so that we can benefit from using the Carousel (#2) bus stop. Any experrience or advice regarding these buildings? How is the walk to both the Carriage House and Paddock Pool? We are doing more resort days than park days this trip and are excited to experience the two-bedroom villa!

I'd be interested to know if this is true and if so how many...
The 2024 points chart for SSR has this note at the bottom, so I think it’s probably true but have no idea of the number of villas affected:

Sleeping capacity in one-bedroom and two-bedroom accommodations at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort are subject to change, with the potential removal of the single pull-down bunk-size bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter