SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I am close to adding on at SSR to actually stay there. I hear a lot about the preferred areas of SSR. Which are best standard rooms at the resort? And why? Thank you in advance for your answers.

I am close to adding on at SSR to actually stay there. I hear a lot about the preferred areas of SSR. Which are best standard rooms at the resort? And why? Thank you in advance for your answers.

I can't answer anything about standard rooms, but pre-refurb I wouldn't have even given saratoga springs a chance. Once all the rooms are refurbished, it's going to be a great resort

It’s classified by buildings and not view. The Congress Park section (near the east side walking path to Disney Springs, and most room have DS views) and Springs section (nearest to the “main area” Artist point and Turf Club) are the 2 “preferred sections. Ironically the preferred sections are the last 2 bus stops and it’s likely to have standing room-only or full busses in normal times.
Grandstand (1st bus stop, has a pool bar and some rooms are closer to main area), Carousel, and Paddock (2nd feature pool with QS, bar and best kids splash area) are the 2 standard sections.
THV are not divided into sections.

Right now all preferred are rennovated, and standard is in progress.

When SSR was initially sold/developed there was no classification and every building took the same points.. meaning DVC could add more categories or completely remove them.

It’s classified by buildings and not view. The Congress Park section (near the east side walking path to Disney Springs, and most room have DS views) and Springs section (nearest to the “main area” Artist point and Turf Club) are the 2 “preferred sections. Ironically the preferred sections are the last 2 bus stops and it’s likely to have standing room-only or full busses in normal times.
Grandstand (1st bus stop, has a pool bar and some rooms are closer to main area), Carousel, and Paddock (2nd feature pool with QS, bar and best kids splash area) are the 2 standard sections.

When SSR was initially sold/developed there was no classification and every building took the same points.. meaning DVC could add more categories or completely remove them.
Thank you, so Grandstand and Paddock are the best bets after preferred? Nothing good about Carousel? Which of the three are closest to the boat to DS?

Thank you, so Grandstand and Paddock are the best bets after preferred? Nothing good about Carousel? Which of the three are closest to the boat to DS?
Carousel is closest to the exit, so if you are driving it’s quickest to go anywhere. It’s also the 2nd bus stop. It doesn’t have its own pool, but is next to Paddock. Generally Carousel is least recommended as a preference.

The boat to DS isn’t really close to any room (it hasn’t operated since Covid). The boat dock is beyond the Turf Club restaurant. Springs and Grandstand have the rooms “closest” to the boat dock. Like most WDW boats, it may not be the quickest transportation, but can be a very pleasant waste of time.

Love Paddock and Grandstand. Carousel is far out and our last choice of all sections at SSR. Paddock has pool with food counter (that serves breakfast food) and easy walk over to main building. Grandstand has easy walk to boat down by the golf pro shop.

SO... renovations. We requested a standard studio in Paddock, in the building nearest to Congress Park. Trip is Jan 9-13, staying on points. Are we gonna be up to our eyeballs in construction dust and noise?

SSR was our first DVC Home, and we loved staying in Congress Park before it became "preferred"!
The only reason we booked there this January is because of the renovations. We stayed in a 3BR-GV in Jan 2020, and it was really showing lots of wear & tear.
We didn't want to chance getting another outdated room on this trip. Once all are upgraded, we will go back to standard, and request Paddock, as close to CP as we can get.....

Planning to book preferred studio room for one night.
looking to swim- hot tub and downy springs. Are all preferred rooms close to Disney springs walks? Which is the closest theme pool with slide?
If room is not ready can we keep luggage in car and still swim when we get there?

Congress Park rooms are the closest to DS, but a 7-8 min walk to main pool. Springs section closer to main pool and Paddock pool ( the 2 themed pools with water slides), but a 6-7 min further walk to DS. Yes you can keep luggage in car and change in the bathrooms at the pools. Congress Park also has a pool but it is smaller an not themed, no slide and usually has very few people there.

Last edited:
Congress Park rooms are the closest to DS, but a 7-8 min walk to main pool. Springs section closer to main pool and Paddock pool ( the 2 themed pools with water slides), but a 6-7 min further walk to DS. Yes you can keep luggage in car and change in the bathrooms at the pools. Congress Park also has a pool but it is smaller an not themed, no slide and usually has very few people there.
I love the CP Pool & Hot-Tub - has a great view of the hot air balloon at DS, and is usually not crowded :ssst:

Ok update on SSR construction- I just got home stayed Dec 18-22 at SSR. We had a 2 bed and a studio. Requested renovated room, high floor. We received 4835 & 4836. Paddock building closest to Carousel. Rooms are beautiful! We had a few minor issues (master shower clogged prob construction debris, toilet closet door in master wouldn’t shut) but a call down to maintenance and they were remedied same day.

Three Paddock buildings are renovated and had guests in them. Buildings 4501-4836, 5101-5436 and 5501-5836. The other two Paddock Buildings are still being worked on. Although 6101-6436 looked almost done. Looked like just need bedding put on and maybe a few small touches. Building 6501-6836 is still heavily under construction with lots of debris on the ground outside.

The first carousel building closest to the main gate had lots of construction vehicles parked there so I think they are starting that section. The other carousel building closer to Paddock has not started yet and I saw lots of guests staying in that building.

Hope this helps some of you planning!

Ok update on SSR construction- I just got home stayed Dec 18-22 at SSR. We had a 2 bed and a studio. Requested renovated room, high floor. We received 4835 & 4836. Paddock building closest to Carousel. Rooms are beautiful! We had a few minor issues (master shower clogged prob construction debris, toilet closet door in master wouldn’t shut) but a call down to maintenance and they were remedied same day.

Three Paddock buildings are renovated and had guests in them. Buildings 4501-4836, 5101-5436 and 5501-5836. The other two Paddock Buildings are still being worked on. Although 6101-6436 looked almost done. Looked like just need bedding put on and maybe a few small touches. Building 6501-6836 is still heavily under construction with lots of debris on the ground outside.

The first carousel building closest to the main gate had lots of construction vehicles parked there so I think they are starting that section. The other carousel building closer to Paddock has not started yet and I saw lots of guests staying in that building.

Hope this helps some of you planning!
Thanks for the update! We are going in July and hoping for a refurbished room at the Grand Stand section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter