SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hoping someone can clarify if all the preferred studios have been remodeled and include the murphy bed? Or would I need to ask for a remodeled room if I have a booking for a preferred studio? Thanks

The Springs and Congress are considered Preferred. All of those buildings have been remodeled. If you have a preferred booking you will be put in one of these two sections. You may request which section you prefer. The one br villas have a king in the bedroom, a queen size murphy bed and a smaller pull down bed under the TV. The studio's have a queen bed and the pull down murphy bed (I think that may also be a queen).

Hi everyone! I've booked a 2 bedroom villa for January 4-8, 2021. I'm not sure if I booked a standard or preferred room (it doesn't say on my reservation). My question is about the renovated rooms and construction. I called reservations today and spoke with a cast member who told me that as of last week, ALL 2 bedroom villas had been renovated, however, there was still construction taking place at the resort. I did request a room away from construction but I wanted to check if it was reasonable that ALL 2 bedroom villas had been renovated?

Does anyone else now wish when the rooms are done the whole main building would be gutted and redone. It could be really nice like a Beach Club or Boardwalk. I always think the lobby looks just too sparse (no soul), and that exposed 1980s brick is horrible. Cheap looking furniture (are the massage chairs still there- I know they are in Wilderness Lodge but tucked down a corridor) and potted green plants. Outdated yellow internal paint, and cheap pictures on the walls in rubbish frames. Turf Club needs a gutting as well- as it is like a 1980's golf club. Any plans afoot does anyone know? I am an owner and love SSR by the way!

I used to think SSR’s lobby was nice and had better theming than the rest of the resort. It was kinda a waste because you don’t walk through it daily between the bus stop and room.
Now, with online check in, there’s was reason to step foot in the “lobby” when I stayed there this fall, so why waste any money on the main lobby when it adds nothing to the guest experience?

Hi everyone! I've booked a 2 bedroom villa for January 4-8, 2021. I'm not sure if I booked a standard or preferred room (it doesn't say on my reservation). My question is about the renovated rooms and construction. I called reservations today and spoke with a cast member who told me that as of last week, ALL 2 bedroom villas had been renovated, however, there was still construction taking place at the resort. I did request a room away from construction but I wanted to check if it was reasonable that ALL 2 bedroom villas had been renovated?
No that’s impossible. Every building has 2BR villas and several haven’t been touched.

All the preferred rooms have been renovated. Did you book through a 3rd party? It’s odd that it doesn’t say anything about room type.

Does anyone else now wish when the rooms are done the whole main building would be gutted and redone. It could be really nice like a Beach Club or Boardwalk. I always think the lobby looks just too sparse (no soul), and that exposed 1980s brick is horrible. Cheap looking furniture (are the massage chairs still there- I know they are in Wilderness Lodge but tucked down a corridor) and potted green plants. Outdated yellow internal paint, and cheap pictures on the walls in rubbish frames. Turf Club needs a gutting as well- as it is like a 1980's golf club. Any plans afoot does anyone know? I am an owner and love SSR by the way!

I completely agree! I had only stayed at SSR once before this trip, I’d say around 6 years ago, and I remember feeling disappointed in the lobby. I was hoping things changed when I walked in two weeks ago, but it didn’t. The Christmas decor was minimal. Even with online check in, you still can walk through the lobby to eat or shop, so why not make it more presentable? I, for one, LOVE lobbies. When I stay at VGF and WL, we literally go in there with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and we just hang out in there!! It would be nice to see them sprinkle some pixie dust and make it a little more amazing.

Last edited:
Has anyone who has stayed recently been able to get some pixie dust and get a room upgrade without points??

I can see saratoga is wide open compared to most other resorts, and I'll be staying for two days before moving on to the poly. Currently on the magical express en route to resort and was contemplating whether I should ask. We have a preferred studio and it looks like both 1 and 2 bedrooms have availability

Has anyone who has stayed recently been able to get some pixie dust and get a room upgrade without points??

I can see saratoga is wide open compared to most other resorts, and I'll be staying for two days before moving on to the poly. Currently on the magical express en route to resort and was contemplating whether I should ask. We have a preferred studio and it looks like both 1 and 2 bedrooms have availability
If you ask for an upgrade, then you need to have the points. Pixie dust is random and you’ll never when you’re going to get a free upgrade.

If you ask for an upgrade, then you need to have the points. Pixie dust is random and you’ll never when you’re going to get a free upgrade.

We asked when we got to the resort, and apparently they're down with doing pixie dust upgrades when the resort was near empty last month, but the cast member said they're running at 90% capacity so it's a no can do.

Edit: my wife decided to ask one more time since she forgot to pick up our magic bands at the front desk, and the nice lady upgraded us no problem. It was 100% free since all leftover points are 2022 points, so there's no way they could've charged me points for the upgrade

Last edited:
We asked when we got to the resort, and apparently they're down with doing pixie dust upgrades when the resort was near empty last month, but the cast member said they're running at 90% capacity so it's a no can do.

Edit: my wife decided to ask one more time since she forgot to pick up our magic bands at the front desk, and the nice lady upgraded us no problem. It was 100% free since all leftover points are 2022 points, so there's no way they could've charged me points for the upgrade

That‘s great! What upgrade did you get? I’m assuming you got a renovated room? I Check-in Friday and can’t wait!

That‘s great! What upgrade did you get? I’m assuming you got a renovated room? I Check-in Friday and can’t wait!

Went from a preferred studio, to a preferred 1 bedroom. We're resort hopping for the next week and only here for two nights so I'm pretty sure that helped

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter