SSR going price per point?

Use year matters too.

We paid a higher price than other resales at the time because our use year (Sept) was scarce over the several month time frame I was looking. Sept contracts were being bought before they even hit the TSS website. So according to supply and demand we paid about $5-7 more per point than other available use year contracts

OP- good luck and hope you are able to get a contract. I love SSR, we are considering becoming DVC members and that is the resort where I would want my points :thumbsup2

Use year matters too.

We paid a higher price than other resales at the time because our use year (Sept) was scarce over the several month time frame I was looking. Sept contracts were being bought before they even hit the TSS website. So according to supply and demand we paid about $5-7 more per point than other available use year contracts

That's the way we were also. To find a contract 100 points or less with a December use year at SSR was extremely difficult and well worth it to me to pay the extra money. I get the TSS daily emails and after trying a few times I finally was able to get one as soon as I received the email.

I'm in the SSR ROFR period right now at $60/pt. I know it won't get bought by Disney so it's just the waiting process.

My experience was that quite a few sellers were rejecting even my $60 offers, so for those who succeed at $50-55, I have no idea how you did it but more power to you.

I'll chime in...I bought 2 years ago for $48 pp...the contract was current not loaded. I feel very fortunate because I was only expecting to buy 100 points but was able to buy140. If u are patient you can find the right deal.

So I averaged all of the SSR's that passed ROFR on the ROFR thread and came up with an average of $43.41 per point. Unless I counted wrong or did something else wrong that is way off from the asking prices on most sites for SSR. Anyone know what would make that big of a difference???

If I were interested in a SSR contract, I would most times have to offer $20 less than the asking price to get anywhere near $43. Seems crazy to me.....

I think you have to be prepared to wait, or maybe you get lucky.

I failed 4 times offering in the 50's and couldn't take it anymore, then I went higher and got a great deal with fully banked points and dues paid.

RayJay

I'm in the SSR ROFR period right now at $60/pt. I know it won't get bought by Disney so it's just the waiting process.

My experience was that quite a few sellers were rejecting even my $60 offers, so for those who succeed at $50-55, I have no idea how you did it but more power to you.

Agreed, 60 is a great deal, especially if you get banked points.

RayJay

That is not bad a good price is what you are willing to pay. I was trying for a while and got lucky. We got in at SSR 53.00 for 320 pt with all 2012 banked but they needed to sell quickly. Before the end of year they wanted a deal and had listed it at 67.00 made offer and they accepted 12/31. Waiting for ROFR now.

That is not bad a good price is what you are willing to pay. I was trying for a while and got lucky. We got in at SSR 53.00 for 320 pt with all 2012 banked but they needed to sell quickly. Before the end of year they wanted a deal and had listed it at 67.00 made offer and they accepted 12/31. Waiting for ROFR now.

Congrats on a great deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter