WDW booking choice for SSR?

• 1st choice

• 2nd choice

• 3rd Choice

• 4th Choice

• One of my last options

• No way I'm not staying at SSR I will move my vacation first

Results are only viewable after voting.
SSR is our home resort, we love staying there & it is our first choice just about every other trip, i.e. we took friends & wanted to share our "home" resort with them last October & in summer 2011, we are hoping to get a treehouse & take family.

That being said, we are going to WDW for NYE for only a few nights & we were hoping to stay in BLT or BWVs as our second choice to be closer to the parks, entertainment, fireworks, etc. but we couldn't switch from SSR (we are waitlisted for BLT MK view, but not expecting it without a miracle) so that is a bit of a disappointment. :guilty:

I chose that SSR is one of my last choices. It's a beautiful resort. The rooms are great. But it's just too big for me. I like my resorts to be more compact, and busy. That's why I bought my points at the Boardwalk--I love hustle and bustle. I don't know how to relax.

The resort is lovely but it doesnt really appeal to us. It would be at the bottom of our list. Maybe we will try it some day and that will change our minds. It is a good thing we dont all like the same resort as our first choice!

1 tied BWV and VWL
2 OKW
3 BCV
4 BLT
5 tied AKV and SSR

Stayed there once. Will stay there again only if nothing else is available. For whatever reason, when I am at SSR I do not feel like I am at Disney. Or at the very least that I am staying off-property. I can't really put my finger on it..the resort is nice enough..but I don't like it at all.

1. SSR
2. AKV(Jambo)
3. BLT
4. BWV or BCV
5. OKW
6. WLV (haven't visited yet)
Vero and Hilton head aren't even on the radar for us.

We have only stayed at SSR. Even when we have booked other places, we always wind up changing to SSR. We love it there. I wonder how we will feel if we stay at another place?

I visit all the resorts on our vacations and love each one (haven't visited WLV yet), just don't really love the decor in the villas at the other resorts (except for AKV).

I looooooovvvvvvvve the Boardwalk theme, location and lobby but the room decor just looks a little corny to me. I do looovvvve the colors that they chose and I think when they update, BWV will be on my list as one I want to try. The kids absolutely want to stay here.

I love the look of the BCV and the fantastic pool, location and of course Art the greeter but the beach casual decor of the rooms doesn't do it for me. The kids want to stay here too.

OKW has the absolutely best grounds, just gorgeous but for some reason I don't want to stay there; I think it's the decor in the rooms. I'm not a beach casual kind of girl. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it just not for me. Since we are drivers, the convenient parking is a plus. I've read about the rooms being the largest and the huge balconies so that is certainly a plus. If you prefer two queens in your studio, I believe they are the only one's that have them.

I really can't deal with the colors and style of the WLV room decor. The colors aren't for me and mission style isn't my thing. I love the location near tons of activities etc and the lodge itself does look splendid in pictures. I will be touring the WLV for Christmas. None of us want to stay there.

BLT is still a work in progress but I am excited about staying there some day. Our whole family wants to try it. Maybe it's the futuristic Jetson's like theme or the fact that most of our favorite dining and resort touring is on the monorail. The lobby looks like it's going to be really fantastic.

We own at AKV so we loved it enough to buy it. AKL knocked our socks off when we first saw it and always does. It must be one of the most unique hotels in the US. The details and Theme are incredible. I love that it is so different from my own home and is like nothing I could experience anywhere else. Boma is my favorite restaurant and we all love AK because there is so much variety: Shows, animals, rides etc. I would probably choose Jambo over Kidani because AKL is my first love and my hubby loves 2 bedrooms now so can't go back so those values are great point savers.

SSR is magical to us. The colors are beautiful and happy. The room decor is perfect for us. It's elegant, understated and beautiful not cheesy at all. The counter service options at SSR are the best and I've only heard good things about the Turf Club. The proximity to Downtown Disney for even more counter service and table service options is invaluable plus we just like to take the boat and wander around over there. OKW also has the DTD advantage. Because of the size and layout of SSR, you never feel crowded or like the noise followed you home. You can leave all of that at the parks and really regroup and settle down after a long day. That works for me. At some point during my vacation, I like to feel like I'm actually on vacation.:laughing: I think that's what the OKW lovers feel they need as welll and I think that is the appeal of both resorts. You feel rested and stress free while at these two resorts in particular. The spa is awesome. We love HRS pool and GS pool has to be the best quiet pool on property. We drive so convenient parking is a great thing.

That's my two cents.:goodvibes

Right now SSR is one of my last choices. I just don't like the way it looks. (Sorry SSR fans!)

However, we are staying there in a 2 bedroom this summer on DP's so I might change my tune after that stay. I might like it, and then again I might not. :)

First choice would be OKW - I think that place is beautiful, with second choice BLT. :goodvibes

We prefer "big and spread out resorts" - with quiet/satellite pools (ones without waterslides). These resorts give us a break from the parks in terms of finding some quiet time. We also like to find healthy counter service options and nice lounges.

Here's our list of preferred WDW DVC resorts (in order of most preferred to least preferred), based on the above criteria:

1. SSR
  2. OKW
  3. BLT
  4. BCV/BWV/VWL
  5. AKV

SSR has the healthiest counter-service food options I've found at any DVC resort. To us, this gives it a slight edge on OKW.

We've found BCV, BWV, VWL to be a bit noisier than we'd like. Otherwise, they are lovely resorts and we will stay at them from time to time.

BLT isn't our usual style of preferred resorts, being a high-rise, but it does have a quiet pool. Also, the many lounge options in both the CR and the tower are very appealing to us (adults w/o kids who like to drink).

AKV is last on our list as it does not have any quiet/satellite pools. Also, The Mara is an overwhelmed counter-service venue that has very unhealthy food choices. I am hoping that Kidani gets their own eventually, and that healthier food choices will be offered.

I would never give up a WDW stay if we "had" to stay in SSR. However, in most cases, I would prefer it to OKW only.

Bobbi:goodvibes

:lovestruc
I did put it for a second choice only because right now we also own at AKV and we really enjoyed our stay there in May. The stay was too short and we are looking forward to a longer stay in December. However our December trip is split between our two favorite resorts and those are AKV and SSR. We love the other resorts also because we love trying them all. I am never unhappy when I get something else. I usually try to book at the 11 month mark, then sometimes if we want to try one of the others, I will call at the 7 month mark. I haven't tried BCV, and really don't care if I ever do. Also BWV was not our choice. We love EPCOT and The Studios, but would rather take a bus or drive so we can have the quietness of AKV and SSR after a long day in the parks.

I love SSR. It is our home resort and I love being able to book 11 months out. Also love that it is quiet....even with the grandkids, it's just enough for them after the parks all day. And we can walk to DTD, how great is that.

SSR has become my first choice because I don't have to rent a car, but I can still walk to my favorite restaurants in Orlando down at Crossroads shopping area - Flippers Pizza and other chain restaurants. Not to mention the fun restaurants at Downtown Disney. :)

SSR is my number one place to stay when in "The World", except during Christmas.

Christmas time I stay at VWL where I'll find DiznyDi! :santa:

Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. We like to rotate around to the different DVC properties at Disney World. When we haven't stayed at SSR in a while we feel the need to make it our number 1 choice.

Also, The Mara is an overwhelmed counter-service venue that has very unhealthy food choices. I am hoping that Kidani gets their own eventually, and that healthier food choices will be offered.

Not a debate, as Mara does have its issues, but Artist's Palette is WAY too small, even more so then Mara in terms of resort size, flow and offerings.

Actually it would be my first or second. I own there and at the Boardwalk so I alternate back and forth! :thumbsup2

In terms of Disney vacations, it is one of our last choices. I usually categorize the resorts into 3 categories.

1st Choice: BCV, AKV
2nd Choice: VWL, BWV, BLT
3rd Choice: OKW, SSR/THV

The only DVC property we *haven't* stayed at is Vero Beach. We used to live in Vero, and there isn't a whole lot of appeal to us.

We own at SSR, but I'm torturing myself to say it's a first choice. There isn't a single thing I don't like about it. We love being close to DTD (altho I'm real curious as to what will happen with all that Pleasure Island space, and I'm sorry the fireworks viewing area isn't fulfilling it's original purpose.)

Honestly, I like 'em all. Oddly enough, BCV is our least favorite, but I couldn't tell you why.

DW loves Boardwalk. DS is partial to WLV. DD likes SSR and BWV. We all like AKL Kidani. Our first stay there was a couple of weeks ago. And OKW definitely has charms of its own just because of the amazing space.

So I chose SSR as second choice, but I'll be danged if I can determine what my first choice is. For me personally, it's probably gonna be AKLV.

SSR is our first choice for most trip. After a few days in the parks we enjoy the resort for peace & quiet. We're trying our first trip to AKV in Nov, but I tacked on 2 nights in the THV to test them out.

The more I read all the comments I realize they are all in some way or another my favorities. Whenever I make a ressie I always wonder hmmmm should I have booked "insert DVC resort here" and constantly 2nd guess myself. I wish I could pick up SSR and set it next to BCV or BWV.....or BLT for that matter. SSR is my favorite resort but I just love the park locations ability to walk. Maybe if they spruce up DTD with something that would change the balance of power:confused3 DTD seems like it could have so much potential with all that room.....even something like BW atmosphere would be nice. Something like the inner harbour in Baltimore or even navy pier in Chicago would be nice.......they have so much potential there and something more than shoping and a few restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!