Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

Are there better pics of the pre-order merchandise somewhere? The pics on my rundisney account are so bad that I can't even half tell what the items are. I was considering the commemorative weekend bundle with the cup, and the ornament, and maybe a magnet?? Still not sure it's worth the money.

Are there better pics of the pre-order merchandise somewhere? The pics on my rundisney account are so bad that I can't even half tell what the items are. I was considering the commemorative weekend bundle with the cup, and the ornament, and maybe a magnet?? Still not sure it's worth the money.
Nope, those are the best we get, I think

Nope, those are the best we get, I think
Do you feel like those things purchased individually are worth what the preorder price is? I have no idea what they usually charge for the corkcicle cups by themselves. I always buy the ornament. Seems like it's about $20.

Do you feel like those things purchased individually are worth what the preorder price is? I have no idea what they usually charge for the corkcicle cups by themselves. I always buy the ornament. Seems like it's about $20.
I would assume that the preorder price of the bundle would equal the price of the items if you bought them at the expo, so it’s just a question of whether you want to spend the money now (and guarantee you get the items) or spend the money in April at the expo, with a small chance the items could sell out, depending on when you go to the expo.

Contemplating registering for my first Run Disney event and doing to the 10 miler. I am an avid walker and would plan on walking the entire course. Are there others that walk? Is maintaining a 14-15 minute mile acceptable? Where does the race start? Going to look for a place to stat soon.

Contemplating registering for my first Run Disney event and doing to the 10 miler. I am an avid walker and would plan on walking the entire course. Are there others that walk? Is maintaining a 14-15 minute mile acceptable? Where does the race start? Going to look for a place to stat soon.
As long as you are faster than 16:00/mile you are good to go. Race usually starts at Epcot parking lot. I assume it will this year as well.

Yes. There will be lots of runners walking the course and a 14-15 minute pace is well within the 16 minute pace requirement. Good luck!

Does anyone have last year course maps, please? Especially the 10 miler. I am trying to figure out how it compares to HM offered by runDisney (WnD 2017, MW 2020 and WnD 2022). I assume that recent 5k and 10k are pretty similar to one another.

ETA: Found them!

Last edited:
I signed up for the ten miler yesterday after comparing between this or a 10K in SLC. Who knew a Disney trip would be more economical! The rental car prices in SLC were absolutely ridiculous and even though registration, airfare, and hotel were cheaper in SLC, Disney won out because of that rental car.

And it'll be my first ever ten miler. Automatic PR :)

I signed up for the ten miler yesterday after comparing between this or a 10K in SLC. Who knew a Disney trip would be more economical! The rental car prices in SLC were absolutely ridiculous and even though registration, airfare, and hotel were cheaper in SLC, Disney won out because of that rental car.

And it'll be my first ever ten miler. Automatic PR :)
Nice!

Contemplating the 10 miler as it's the only one that is still open.

Thinking very hard about whether it's worth flying almost halfway around the world for a 10 miler (plus a few days of Disney) - sadly I live really far away from WDW! I did do W&D in 2019 and really enjoyed it, and was at WDW last week and feeling really sad that I wasn't doing W&D, so kind of really want to do another runDisney event.

The alternative would be maybe marathon weekend 2024... Can't do W&D 2023 because of dates...

I'd wait for the chance to have a longer visit, but I'm also the guy who thinks two weeks in Hawaii might be a little short because it is so far away...

Contemplating the 10 miler as it's the only one that is still open.

Thinking very hard about whether it's worth flying almost halfway around the world for a 10 miler (plus a few days of Disney) - sadly I live really far away from WDW! I did do W&D in 2019 and really enjoyed it, and was at WDW last week and feeling really sad that I wasn't doing W&D, so kind of really want to do another runDisney event.

The alternative would be maybe marathon weekend 2024... Can't do W&D 2023 because of dates...
A few things to keep in mind:

1. The other races HAVE been reappearing for registration here and there but you have to be super quick to get them. So you could sign up for the ten miler then gamble on signing up for another race or two separately. You can follow this twitter account to track openings, I’ve never tried to sign up via this account so I can’t vouch for how easy it is to sign up through this method but it is an option. https://twitter.com/rundisregstatus?lang=en

2. BUT! You raise an interesting conundrum. Signing up for WDW MW 2024 is a nice option. You get the half marathon that takes you through Magic Kingdom and a race weekend that is otherwise pretty neat for runners. And obviously if you want to run a marathon that’s the weekend to go.

3. The ten miler is expected to be a completely different map from the WDW half, likely taking you through HS instead of MK (entirely possible it doesn’t but since it’s Toy Story themed it’s a good bet that the race will go through Toy Story Land and the rest of HS).

Ultimately it’s your call depending on your preferences but both weekends should be fun.

Contemplating the 10 miler as it's the only one that is still open
I am also contemplating this but I think I won’t do it. I think I may want a break from running after PW. I do want to go to Tampa that weekend to see Taylor Swift though (my parents live there) and I feel like I’d regret being that close to a RD event and not doing it.

I'd wait for the chance to have a longer visit, but I'm also the guy who thinks two weeks in Hawaii might be a little short because it is so far away...

I've love to have a long trip but sometimes it's hard to get longer periods of time away from work!

So I'm quite used to shorter trips... Just came back from a 9 night WDW/Universal trip with >20 hours of flying each way... and in the past have done a 4 night trip to Disneyland Paris for the half marathon weekend with 12 hours of flying each way. Thankfully I sleep very well on planes and have no issues with long-haul plane travel!

A few things to keep in mind:

1. The other races HAVE been reappearing for registration here and there but you have to be super quick to get them. So you could sign up for the ten miler then gamble on signing up for another race or two separately. You can follow this twitter account to track openings, I’ve never tried to sign up via this account so I can’t vouch for how easy it is to sign up through this method but it is an option. https://twitter.com/rundisregstatus?lang=en

2. BUT! You raise an interesting conundrum. Signing up for WDW MW 2024 is a nice option. You get the half marathon that takes you through Magic Kingdom and a race weekend that is otherwise pretty neat for runners. And obviously if you want to run a marathon that’s the weekend to go.

3. The ten miler is expected to be a completely different map from the WDW half, likely taking you through HS instead of MK (entirely possible it doesn’t but since it’s Toy Story themed it’s a good bet that the race will go through Toy Story Land and the rest of HS).

Ultimately it’s your call depending on your preferences but both weekends should be fun.

Thanks and that's good to know! Ideally I would be able to do the challenge which is currently sold out. Will keep an eye out...

I've always wanted to do Dopey or the marathon but not sure I'll have time to train for that next year especially when I've not done a marathon before! Have done several half marathons so am somewhat familiar with how much training I'd need for the half (and I guess a 10 miler). But Marathon Weekend does seem like an amazing event and would definitely like to do that at some point!

I am also contemplating this but I think I won’t do it. I think I may want a break from running after PW. I do want to go to Tampa that weekend to see Taylor Swift though (my parents live there) and I feel like I’d regret being that close to a RD event and not doing it.

I'd definitely regret being that close to a RD event and not doing it - this was me last weekend at WDW feeling very sad that I wasn't running! But do understand wanting to take a break from running...

I've love to have a long trip but sometimes it's hard to get longer periods of time away from work!

So I'm quite used to shorter trips... Just came back from a 9 night WDW/Universal trip with >20 hours of flying each way... and in the past have done a 4 night trip to Disneyland Paris for the half marathon weekend with 12 hours of flying each way. Thankfully I sleep very well on planes and have no issues with long-haul plane travel!

Wow I'm impressed.

I'm not far (Quebec), but I would never go to WDW for less than 2 races. I don't feel so bad spending so much money (with the bad exchange rate) and travelling far when it's spread out over more than 1 race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter