Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

For the 10, My daughter is going as Orange Bird and I'll run as Figment. For the 10 miler, we are thinking of some sort of bellhop costume, but that might change. We love The Citizens of Hollywood and after seeing they were on the course for the marathon, we are hoping that maybe they will also be on the route for the Tower of Terror 10 miler and if so, we will regret it if we didn't do something themed for them...

They were on the course for the 10K and half of Wine and Dine too so I assume they'll be there for the 10 miler

My family (me, Dh, and our two teen sons) will be doing the race to the taste 10k. TBH, the theme is the least appealing to us, but the distance/date is the one that worked best for us.
Does anyone know what the course will be like? Start/Finish/ Run through world showcase?

Thanks!

Cancelled our Marathon weekend trip a few weeks ago and decided to go in March. As the 10K and 10 miler have been open I went in to sign up this morning and see where the 10K is now sold out too. Shucks

They were on the course for the 10K and half of Wine and Dine too so I assume they'll be there for the 10 miler
I saw this in a video on Twitter, but I missed seeing them as I ran through Hollywood Studios. Do you know what time they were at DHS?

I didn't see them during the 10K but I also heard Hades was at Studios and Governor Radcliff from Pocahontas was on course and never saw them so I was either non observant or they were on breaks
My family (me, Dh, and our two teen sons) will be doing the race to the taste 10k. TBH, the theme is the least appealing to us, but the distance/date is the one that worked best for us.
Does anyone know what the course will be like? Start/Finish/ Run through world showcase?

Thanks!

If it's the same course as the Wine and Dine 2021 or Marathon 2022 course it will run through just UK (barley) and Canada as far as World Showcase .... the Marathon 10K course had some significant Studios time though

I saw this in a video on Twitter, but I missed seeing them as I ran through Hollywood Studios. Do you know what time they were at DHS?

I was in the first wave of the first group out for the 10K so I was there probably around 5:25 and they were right by where you came into MGM by Tower of Terror.

I was in the first wave of the first group out for the 10K so I was there probably around 5:25 and they were right by where you came into MGM by Tower of Terror.
I wonder if they were there yesterday for the marathon. After playing around and taking A LOT of pictures, I finally got to that spot of Hollywood Studios at 9:40.

my costume for this weekend will be.... a runner.

i haven't been able to call myself one in the past 6 months and even completing Dopey this weekend doesn't count, so my aim is to be better in March

Since the 5k is a night race, does anyone know from prior races if bib pickup is allowed on Thursday am, or does it have to be Wednesday?

Hi, everyone! I see that the Challenge is currently sold out. Does it ever open up again? I know that the races for Marathon Weekend would pop open every now and then.

We are considering trying to make the Springtime Surprise, because of our tragic and unbelievable cancelation of our Marathon Weekend trip.

Here's the short version (all happening in 24 hours): Wife slips and falls (but ok), childcare gets covid (we find alternate), furnace breaks at 2am on 10degree night (we fix it), my mom goes to ER for Covid (my sister is taking care of her), daughter sent home from school for covid tracing (she tests negative; YAY), daughter not allowed back at school until Tuesday (we work out childcare again for the weekend), my Mom back at home but still feeling bad from Covid... and finally, our next-day flight to WDW gets cancelled. Our 2nd choice flight fills up before we can book it.
At that point, we canceled the trip, figuring that the universe was telling us something.
BUT the story doesn't end there! How about the next 24 hours: Our 2 backup flights were canceled anyway, at noon on Friday our kitchen is flooding because a broom fell over onto the water dispenser on our fridge, my mom goes back to the ER, and are you ready for the grand finale? My wife test positive for Covid on Saturday.
So, if we HAD gone, our kitchen would have flooded, we would not have been able to run the race because my wife was sick, and we would have been stuck on Florida unable to board a plane home.

Wow.... that was the SHORT version!

Anyway, I still haven't heard back from Run Disney, but I'm HOPING HOPING HOPING that they will take pity and refund at least part of our money. If so, we might be able to run the 10-miler and maybe the other races, too.

I wasn't planning to do this race weekend, but riding the high of finishing Dopey, I seem to have registered for TOT lol! I was perfect for the nighttime TOT 10-Miler, but swore after the last one "no more night races - if they could do TOT in the morning, I'd do it again." So yep, I'm in!

If a person wants to be perfect for the longest distance race offered, does it matter whether you do that race under a challenge bib or a single race registration?

If a person wants to be perfect for the longest distance race offered, does it matter whether you do that race under a challenge bib or a single race registration?
It doesn't matter, but they're not recognizing perfect status anymore, other than for races that already had it - I think that's only PHM and the Marathon - maybe WDW Half?

It doesn't matter, but they're not recognizing perfect status anymore, other than for races that already had it - I think that's only PHM and the Marathon - maybe WDW Half?

I think they're still recognizing Perfect Dopeys, too. Met a lady on the bus after the full who said she'd lost her Perfect Dopey status after DNFing.

I think they're still recognizing Perfect Dopeys, too. Met a lady on the bus after the full who said she'd lost her Perfect Dopey status after DNFing.
They are. Bioreconstruct, who some of you will recognize for his aerial photos at WDW/Universal, posted his medals from MW and has perfect status for at least Dopey, Goofy, and the full. I couldn't tell if the half has perfect status based on his pic but I would guess not because he prob would have made it clear if it existed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!