Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

speaking of medals, in the past by this time of year, runDisney was already showing the medals for Star Wars weekend. When do we think the Spring Surprise medals will debu?
I wonder if it has to do with supply chain issues… I do a run the same weekend as Princess in February and they have yet to do medal previews and even for 2021 which ultimately was delayed for three months than converted into a virtual the medals were revealed by now

Just be glad Princess ones have been out since before wine & dine …. Gaspirilla is just teasing medals now and it’s the same weekend

I noticed the sunrise Yoga is still available. It seems like it might be a long day,if you are also doing the 5k.
Are any of you doing both?
So it seems you have to make your own way there?

I just purchased a ToT outfit for the ten-miler! Eek! So exciting! My aunt, uncle, and I are doing the challenge. We are really hoping to do it five years in a row so we can get the perfect status. However, we got challenge bibs by the skin of our teeth this year. :-( Not sure if we will even be able to get lucky five years in a row to snag bibs.

Just signed up for the TOT 10-miler a few days ago, but I did not see anywhere to pre-purchase items like usual, did I miss something? I usually get the runner package that has a pin and magnet. Did not see it :( :confused3

I noticed the sunrise Yoga is still available. It seems like it might be a long day,if you are also doing the 5k.
Are any of you doing both?
So it seems you have to make your own way there?
I would probably do both, if Disney were providing transportation for yoga, but, as you noticed, they are not—you have to get to the Ticket and Transportation Center yourself and then they’ll ferry you to MK

Just signed up for the TOT 10-miler a few days ago, but I did not see anywhere to pre-purchase items like usual, did I miss something? I usually get the runner package that has a pin and magnet. Did not see it :( :confused3
I registered up on the first day and there was no merch pre-order. I think Disney is having trouble getting stuff, so they don’t want to overpromise and underdeliver.

I registered up on the first day and there was no merch pre-order. I think Disney is having trouble getting stuff, so they don’t want to overpromise and underdeliver.
I was reading some posts about how bad the resellers are getting for expo merchandise, that it dawned on me that there was no option to pre-purchase stuff when we registered. I guess it makes sense that they are having issues with supplies, but I probably would have actually purchased some things ahead of time, this time.

So... what's everyone thinking about for costumes for this race? I like to dress up a little, nothing too crazy because I'm doing well to schlep my body over the finish line, not lots of extra accessories. I think wearing a tutu or some other itchy item would probably drive me crazy! I've only ever done the Princess races, so this will be all new to me. DH is running too, but the best I can do for him is maybe a shirt. I got him to wear a shirt with a Mr. Incredible logo during the last princess, that might be the best I can do for him!

My plan is to just get to the expo as close to opening Thursday and pray I can get a mileage magnet and/or medal replica pin for Everest …

costume wise a part of me wants to do something animal kingdom adjacent but I also don’t want to wear the same brown skort 3 races in a row…

I haven’t decided on costumes for Surprise yet, but I just finished dress rehearsal races for all 3 of my Princess Weekend costumes and they worked great, with no irritation. I have a tutu (with leggings underneath) for the 5K, and skirts (and leggings) for the 10K and half.

I think Disney is having trouble getting stuff, so they don’t want to overpromise and underdeliver.

THIS! All you have to do is look inside world of Disney to see it too. The giant wall of mugs at the ghiradelli end of the store? Nada. The wall of plushies in the back? Soooooo few. Lots of boxes of lame (IMO) board-type games for kids in their place. It was pretty weird. Same in the shops along the left side of Main Street in MK too.

For the 10, My daughter is going as Orange Bird and I'll run as Figment. For the 10 miler, we are thinking of some sort of bellhop costume, but that might change. We love The Citizens of Hollywood and after seeing they were on the course for the marathon, we are hoping that maybe they will also be on the route for the Tower of Terror 10 miler and if so, we will regret it if we didn't do something themed for them...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter