Spring 2022 DCP Applications

Great news! Congrats!!

Congrats! My DD just saw hers about 15 minutes ago (between school and work)! So, no time to talk or think, but she's going to try to see her advisor tomorrow and the start date she put on her application was 1/17 (I think!).

She wanted to do the culinary program but was not accepted a few months ago. It made her realize she wanted to go no matter the role.

DD got accepted yesterday, she will start some time in March and stay until August. She's already paid the deposit and completed the paperwork. She is also interviewing for internships (you can do both!)

My son did the online interview and received a message that says he is a strong candidate. What happens next in the process?

My son did the online interview and received a message that says he is a strong candidate. What happens next in the process?
For my daughter, the next step was an acceptance letter about 2-3 days later. But she just happened to apply right before a wave. So I think the timing depends when the next wave is going out.

I've been talking up the DCP to my DD for quite a while now, and she applied at the end of October just before the cut-off. She sent the application, got the web interview and is still in consideration, but she does not have a "strong candidate" status at this point. Will there be a phone interview? or are they just going from the web interview straight to a potential hire? If she isn't accepted this time around, she'll apply again. She only has one semester of college at this point in time. I don't know if more college helps your application. Thoughts?

I've been talking up the DCP to my DD for quite a while now, and she applied at the end of October just before the cut-off. She sent the application, got the web interview and is still in consideration, but she does not have a "strong candidate" status at this point. Will there be a phone interview? or are they just going from the web interview straight to a potential hire? If she isn't accepted this time around, she'll apply again. She only has one semester of college at this point in time. I don't know if more college helps your application. Thoughts?
Both of my boys received the "strong candidate" notification. One is still waiting to hear back and the other received an offer. Unfortunately he would need to report 3 weeks before his college graduation. Disney would not move the date and his school said he could not finish virtually so he had to decline the offer this week. My other son's portal says to check email for interview information but he has yet to receive anything.

Both of my boys received the "strong candidate" notification. One is still waiting to hear back and the other received an offer. Unfortunately he would need to report 3 weeks before his college graduation. Disney would not move the date and his school said he could not finish virtually so he had to decline the offer this week. My other son's portal says to check email for interview information but he has yet to receive anything.
Thank you for your reply. I'm so sad for your one son. Hopefully he will reapply and be accepted - it sounds like your other son has a good chance of getting accepted to the program. Sending them both good wishes things work out the way they're hoping.

For sure my DD did not get a "strong candidate" notification after her web interview questionnaire. She is, however, currently in the "in consideration" status. I read other places that if you are rejected after the web-based interview, it comes back quickly you are no longer under consideration. I guess we will just wait an see what happens.

Last question, based on what you said happened to your first son that was accepted, I guess Disney just gives you a start date? The applicants have no control at all when they might begin? I wasn't part of the application process with my daughter, and she doesn't remember, she's just excited and hoping to get accepted.

Thank you for your reply. I'm so sad for your one son. Hopefully he will reapply and be accepted - it sounds like your other son has a good chance of getting accepted to the program. Sending them both good wishes things work out the way they're hoping.

For sure my DD did not get a "strong candidate" notification after her web interview questionnaire. She is, however, currently in the "in consideration" status. I read other places that if you are rejected after the web-based interview, it comes back quickly you are no longer under consideration. I guess we will just wait an see what happens.

Last question, based on what you said happened to your first son that was accepted, I guess Disney just gives you a start date? The applicants have no control at all when they might begin? I wasn't part of the application process with my daughter, and she doesn't remember, she's just excited and hoping to get accepted.

I'm an incoming CP for spring 2022. I made this account instead of lurking so I could answer these questions (which I hope is okay, since everyone in this thread otherwise is a parent). As long as your daughter's status doesn't go NLIC (no longer in consideration) she still has a chance. I believe that one of the recruiters said that everyone will know by December 10th. They are still sending out offer letters.

Disney does just give us a start date, the only control we have is on the application where we put our earliest available arrival date. I put my dates in for January 10th (the earliest I'd be available) to November 17th (the latest departure date offered, since I'm graduating at the end of my current semester so I was able to do that), knowing that I would not get that long of a program but hoping that it would up my chances to use the flexibility I have. The start date I was offered is March 7th. So it is also possible that she will get a start date that is later than the one she chose. It just depends on what they need and what people's availability is. I think that the shortest program length I've seen anyone get on the subreddit or in one of my groups is about four months, and the longest is around seven. I am very lucky that since I will no longer be in college (you can apply right now for up to two years after graduation, pre covid I think it was only one year) I was able to offer them my entire year. I guess the fact that I never had the time to apply during college worked out for me.

I do think that they are no longer accepting January arrivals, but nobody I've seen is entirely sure of that. I just have not seen any posts after waves where people get January dates in a while and that's what people are saying. But keep in mind, if she applied for January that does not mean there's no hope left. As I said, as long as she has "in consideration" status, she could still get an offer! It just means that if she does it might be a later start date than she'd hoped for.

If she does not get in, she can always apply for fall 2022, you just have to wait six months after the last time she applied. In that case, I would also suggest putting her start date as early as she possibly can and her departure date as late as possible, because having as large a window of availability as possible does seem to help.

I wish you guys luck, and I hope that she gets in for spring 2022 too!

Edited: for clarity in one sentence

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!