Spreading ashes in Disney World

That has got to be the most ridiculous thing to do. If it is not allowed then don't do it. That is a biohazard! This is the reason there are rules to burying people and then rules for digging them up to move. These are not just some old wood chips and such. It was a human being at one point. To think that now or at some point there are pieces of a human being in the water at IASW is just creapy. Thanks for ruining a magical place. Anyone caught doing this should be banned for life!

P.S.: I don't care that it was from 2004. I guess it is okay for me to take a dump or pee in a resort pool now as long as I do it discreetly!

That has got to be the most ridiculous thing to do. If it is not allowed then don't do it. That is a biohazard! This is the reason there are rules to burying people and then rules for digging them up to move. These are not just some old wood chips and such. It was a human being at one point. To think that now or at some point there are pieces of a human being in the water at IASW is just creapy. Thanks for ruining a magical place. Anyone caught doing this should be banned for life!

P.S.: I don't care that it was from 2004. I guess it is okay for me to take a dump or pee in a resort pool now as long as I do it discreetly!

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I'm betting it's not allowed or able to be 'approved' but I'd do it anyway. As a person who loves DW, I can say that I could care less and I'm betting most others don't either. I find it very sweet. Just think about a good place that they would like and do it as private and respectful as you can.

Spread the pixie dust. That is what the ashes turn into for us DW fans

I hope I have a lot more years ahead of me as I am only 28, but I have it in my will to have a portion of my ashes spread in Bay Lake between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. I figure they can rent a pontoon boat and do it without anyone ever knowing.

If it makes you feel better, a cast member at DL told me that when they catch someone doing this they shut down the attraction and Hepa filter the area thoroughly. The biohazard gets disposed of to protect other guests. So essentially, attempting to leave grandma on IASW really just means grandma ends up in a dumpster. Not the resting place I'm hoping for, personally.

Great, now I know what will happen when I discreetly drop a floater in the POP pool next November! Glad to see they at least clean up the biohazard. What happened to the people dumping grandma?

Yes, considering the attractions go down for rehab, and the place is cleaned, emptied, etc, there really is a chance that good old pop will end up in a landfill next to a bag of dirty diapers, etc. Or sent through the water purification plant, and filtered out and dumped with the rest of the sludge...

I do not think putting a small amount in a far off corner of bay lake is a big deal..they will not ever know and they are not going to drain the whole lake...if you rent a boat and no one else is around who will even know? they do not allow swimming there anyway so it will not get on anyone else....I would not do it on a ride, to many people around and not in a park either, to easy for it to get on other people and I agree that is gross.....but in a area where guests are not norm at I dont see a problem with it...yeh I know its its not allowed.

One of my clients said that she told her children to put a handful of her remains in her pocket, rip a small hole in the seam and start walking!:rotfl2:

About 20 years ago we had my father's cremains scattered in the Gulf off of Clearwater Beach. First, realize that scattering your loved one's cremains is an extremely powerful emotional experience. If you had any doubts that your loved one is gone, watching his remains going floating away will remove them. It's not something you'd want to do in the middle of a theme park. I'm a 53 year old man, am not given to emotional displays, but I still had to get up and walk away from the computer in the middle of composing this message, the memory was so strong.

Second, at the time it was Florida law that cremains had to be scattered by a licensed funeral director. I would assume that is still the case. So, if you got caught, not only would Disney throw you out, and may very well bill you for the cleanup, you'd also get a visit from the sheriff.

Scattering of cremains is a private solemn moment, I couldn't imagine doing it at a theme park, not to mention how disrespectful it would be to the other park patrons.

Not to flame anyone on a thread this old, but don't be so uptight. People have connections with lots of places. I work in a national park and peoples remains are left here. Yes, that trail you are walking down my have someone's loved one ashes lying next to it. It is a goodbye to those left behind and it is honoring someone's wishes. Isn't that what is important? Bay Lake or any of the other water ways-what is the harm? In one of the gardens-what is the harm? Ashes are ashes. And yes, I have seen someone's ashes placed in a lake so yes, I know there are more than just ash. And someone I loved dearly made the request for a small amount (not all) of their ashes go to Disneyworld. Thankfully, the request was honored and it makes me feel good.

I've been thinking about that as well, I tell my kids and niece and nephews to take parts of me and throw me everywhere! LOL I thought it would be funny going down Splash Mountain and having them throw me up in the air and wind up in everyones faces........I have a strange sense of humor.

anyway, I would want to be scattered by all my favorite rides: Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tower of Terror, The Great Movie Ride, Muppetvision 3D......:banana:

I've been thinking about that as well, I tell my kids and niece and nephews to take parts of me and throw me everywhere! LOL I thought it would be funny going down Splash Mountain and having them throw me up in the air and wind up in everyones faces........I have a strange sense of humor.

anyway, I would want to be scattered by all my favorite rides: Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tower of Terror, The Great Movie Ride, Muppetvision 3D......:

Sorry just saw join date and number if posts.

FYI, just in case anyone decides that they want to try to do it discreetly anyway; if you have never had occasion to scatter ashes before, be aware that it is virtually impossible to discreetly "scatter" cremains. The slightest breeze will cause the dust to swirl around you, and it can often blow back all over the place if you try to do it from any kind of vehicle or structure.

I found that out the hard way, while attempting to honor my brother's wishes about how he wanted his ashes scattered. It was winter, and quite frankly, at least about 10% of his remains ended up on me and my family members instead of on the land.

This is what my sister and I have been talking about..my mom said she wants her ashes spread too ..while we ride on tta, lol...it sounded a little morbid, but kinda cool, to know a pc of our mom would be there..lol!
We have been thinking about how we would go about this for a few yrs now, so, at least we are not the only ones that have a morbid mind.lol!
We planned on riding tta, and just sprinkling ashes here and there...descretly of course..:rolleyes1

Sprinkling them where exactly? Most places you could be sprinkling them on someone's head. Or someplace they will just be swept up, which is kind of gross. And probably not healthy for the worker. Not cool at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter