"Spots of Time" - WDW memories

:flower: My first one I think of happened last year while my DH and DD18 were riding some thrill ride. My DD8 and I went to a little counter service , I think it was near Dumbo, and had a coke and a big chocolate chip cookie just the two of us. She just thought that was so special and she still talks about it . I can still picture us sitting there. My second one is this year when it was just me and my girls. We saw wishes one night and it was raining. We just stood in a perfect spot with our ponchos on and enjoyed every moment. It still brings tears to my eyes and I wish we were there right now.

2 moments immediatly come into my mind and they are both with Wishes. on our trip in 2004 while we were waiting for the e-ride night to actually start i decided to wait before riding SM with my youngest son to watch the fireworks. i stood behind my wife and the firework begun. we just stood there transfixed on what was unfolding in the sky above us. at the beginning of the final set when the wsihes song began to play my DW just turned to me and we just held each toher until the final firework went off. we just looked at each other and realized we both had tears in our eyes. we both realized that we were so totally immersed in the show and how magical and wonderful it felt.

this past trip my brother and his family joined us for a WDW vacation. we hvae never traveled together so i really didnt know what to expect. well we decided after a first frustrating day at MK to stop and watch the fireworks in frontierland. well i stood next to him and our families found a place to sit. well after it was over we just looked at each other and we hugged and saw that our wives and kids were looking at us. they all remarked how we both looked like 2 little kids just ohh-ing at the fireworks and how we both had a smile a mile wide. that was the first night of the best vacation i have ever had

from time to time i still visualize both of those moments as if they happpened yesterday

We have many "musical memories" from our trips. The first was hearing "Colors of the Wind" at the breakfast at the old Soundstage at MGM on our first trip. Also, the playing of "You'll Be In My Heart" at TR in AK another year. "We Go On" still stirs the emotions year after year. The music played at the quiet pool at the Polynesian reminds us of some great times as well. The score from "The American Adventure" brings tears to our eyes every time. We love the beautiful music from "Impressions De France". And we can't forget any Aerosmith tunes from RNR. I'm on a roll now, so I'll stop. I think you can get the picture. We are looking forward to more musical memories in just 4 more days.

Jan 2003- Watching my husbands eyes fill up while watching wishes with our children. What a tough guy ;) He looked at me and said "Whhhhhaaaaattt!" in his sweet italian fashion.

Watching my 2 year old DD attack a foot long hotdog at Epcot.
Tara

Taratink said:
Jan 2003- Watching my husbands eyes fill up while watching wishes with our children. What a tough guy ;) He looked at me and said "Whhhhhaaaaattt!" in his sweet italian fashion.

Watching my 2 year old DD attack a foot long hotdog at Epcot.
Tara

That is beautiful...I just hope that I find a husband who loves Disney as much as i do

one of my Favorite memories was watching SpectroMagic From ontop of my daddys shoulders holding one of those filament light things (i haven seen one of those in a while)

Riding the carousel in Fantasy Land with my neice and watching her howl with laughter at all the fun she was having

also way back in like 91 or so my younger brother got lost ater exiting BTMR(did a whole Home Alone thing and followed the wrong people) and i just remember sittingon a big red rock with my cousin waiting for my family to com back to me

sitting under a tented area (near ariels grotto??) during a rain storm and watching everyone run around in their yellow ponchos :teeth:

On DD 4th bday, we went to the Magic Kingdom with DD dressed as Snow White. We bought the complete outfit head-to-toe @ DTD. She has the most gorgeous big brown eyes and dark hair ;) so, she was Snow White!

As soon as we walked into MK we saw them all 7 dwarfs! The problem, DD is terrified of characters but, I HAD to have this picture. We stood in line and tried to play it cool :rolleyes1 . When it was DD turn, The dwarfs were jumping up and down and CM made a big deal that Snow White was here. Everyone was oooowwwing and awwwing and ...................we got the picture! Snow White and the 7 dwarfs! :teeth: The picture is on her nightstand in the most adorable pink frame from Pottery Barn Kids that says,"Fairy Tales Do Come True". :love: love it!

DS8 is over Yugi-oh, Pokemon, Power Rangers and now it is all about,..................STAR WARS! After seeing the new movie, DS is addicted. We were so excited for Stars Wars weekend in June. We really had no idea what to expect. We saw a large crowd gathering around the JEDI SCHOOL. We managed to work our way up to the front and DS was trying so hard to be picked but ....he didn't. :sad2: Heartbreaking! DS and I used our fastpasses and rode Star Tours while DH waited and made sure he had a spot front and center for the next session. After the ride we waited until the next "school". We were thrilled when DS was CHOSEN!!!!! I will never forget the look on his face.... that smile...those eyes. He actually got to battle DARTH VADER! Disney even gave the "Padawan" certificates and action figures. :earseek: For FREE!

Those are two of my unforgetable memories.

These are all wonderful!

Amazing how each and every trip just keeps more and more of these spots of time adding up...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter