SPOILER...Anyone going to the opening of Mickey's Runaway Railway Tomorrow (01/27/23)?

Get a clock app or go to website that gives you a detailed clock. I have an android phone and use Atomic Clock app.
Use cellular and avoid Wi-Fi
At exactly 7am click refresh and an keep pressing that button throughout the Join VQ process.
Got #4 today.
Today got Group 1 with method above.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230204_070022_Disneyland.jpg
    Screenshot_20230204_070022_Disneyland.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Don’t you just love it when your kid’s favorite ride is the one that’s impossible to get on without paying for it? 🤪

All kidding aside, I can’t wait to ride it myself! Gotta get lucky with the VQ next time!!!
It’s such a great ride for children. Hope your toddler loved it. 😊

I will throw in my tips from years of VQ practice at both DL and WDW.

First, it is absolutely essentially to have as many folks as you can trying for your party. We always all use the same account and have never had problems.

Second, you want everyone using a good source of time. On iPhones (and probably Android), there is a setting to automatically set time. This should be sufficient to getting you to an accurate time, but it is difficult to see the seconds on iPhone so I usually end up using time.gov. I have also used a watch.

Third, very slightly stagger the folks trying. I usually have a countdown to the first try that will be maybe a second early. Then everyone else knows to wait a beat and give it another shot.

With these tips, and six folks trying, we have never failed to get a VQ with a very early boarding group.

Recommendation
After the preshow and when you are in the barn queue, choose the right side of the queue to get on the first (my fave) or second section of the train.
You seem to see a lot more when in those first two sections and the story is a bit easier to understand.
If the CM tries to direct you to the left side or sections 3 and 4, request sections 1 or 2.

Checked with CMs and two of them said you have one hour once called for your VQ or the time posted on the pass.
Third CM was a bit more hush hush and said there was no expiration after called.
So there is a risk depending on the CM you talk to.
Which got me thinking, there shouldn't be an expiration on VQ because you have no real control of the return time you get and some guests don't arrive in the park until later in the day.
Well I apparently wanted to test it even farther (not necessarily on purpose tho) but I had BG 13 and we rode the ride at 10:30PM after it opened up again after fireworks yesterday. Been late pretty much every time except for the first day and no one has even questioned me about being late. I don’t think they can be strict on a ride that breaks down pretty much every day.

This is going to seem like a silly question but with the clock apps that people are using on their phones, how are you able to do that at the same time as the Disneyland app?

This is going to seem like a silly question but with the clock apps that people are using on their phones, how are you able to do that at the same time as the Disneyland app?
On an Android Phone if you use the Atomic Clock App, you can select a feature that will overlay the time onto the app. See attached image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230205_102915_Disneyland.jpg
    Screenshot_20230205_102915_Disneyland.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 35
Well, for anyone who has been unsuccessful in getting a BG, don’t feel too bad. I’ve tried three times and haven’t been able to get one. (Two 7am and one 1pm attempt).

And it’s not like I don’t know how to do it. Back in the Rise days I was able to get a BG every time I tried, and that was many many times.

I do have a newer iPhone now than I had then. Although, seems unlikely that the phone has anything to do with it. Maybe I’m just getting old and slow!

(We did end up riding. I just bought the ILL 💸 and asked to go to the regular line so we could see it.)

Not sure if this helps, but when I try to get a booking at 7am or 1pm, I use a Android Phone (mobile data) and an iPad (wifi and it may be similar to an iPhone). Every time the Mobile Data phone is faster than the Wifi iPad.

With an iPad the WDW VQ attractions have been much easier to get.

Not sure if this helps, but when I try to get a booking at 7am or 1pm, I use a Android Phone (mobile data) and an iPad (wifi and it may be similar to an iPhone). Every time the Mobile Data phone is faster than the Wifi iPad.

With an iPad the WDW VQ attractions have been much easier to get.
Even at WDW the conventional wisdom is to use mobile data. Too many people hitting the park wifi or hotel wifi with requests at the same time. Mobile will definitely be the best bet for a VQ.

I used my laptop for the clock.
I had my Wifi Turned on and Data (still on but not used) and I sat next to my router, with the phone nearly touching it.

Ideally this works best at home where you have access to another device. If you’re with others I would have one person have the atomic clock webpage open and everyone else can try for the VQ.

Well I apparently wanted to test it even farther (not necessarily on purpose tho) but I had BG 13 and we rode the ride at 10:30PM after it opened up again after fireworks yesterday. Been late pretty much every time except for the first day and no one has even questioned me about being late. I don’t think they can be strict on a ride that breaks down pretty much every day.
Ditto, I got us a 7AM boarding group with a return time “by 9:59AM,” but we were still waiting for our very delayed flight in Chicago to take off! We eventually went in at around 7:30PM. I didn’t even bother asking any of the CMs, but several saw it say return by that time and then it scanned it without issue. YMMV.

Does anyone care to speculate how long they will use VQ for this ride before they switch to standby + ILL? How long was VQ in effect for ROTR?

Does anyone care to speculate how long they will use VQ for this ride before they switch to standby + ILL? How long was VQ in effect for ROTR?
Rise was on VQ until mid/late November 2021. Web slingers had VQ until October 2021.

Does anyone care to speculate how long they will use VQ for this ride before they switch to standby + ILL?
I speculate that they will keep using VQ at least until Toontown re-opens on March 8. As it is, they have CMs checking VQ reservations outside Small World to prevent non-riders from going back there, so I expect they would keep that up.

Once Toontown re-opens, it’s just a matter of how quickly the VQ fills. They’ll keep it as long as it is filling quickly. But I would imagine the MMRR VQ won’t be around as long as Rise or even Webslingers.

The real question is when will they add MMRR to G+ instead of ILL.

On an Android Phone if you use the Atomic Clock App, you can select a feature that will overlay the time onto the app. See attached image.
Got Group 1 today thanks to using the Atomic Clock, clicking exactly at 7:00am without refreshing. Thanks for the tip, worked like a charm, first time trying a VQ!

So we showed up at 8:25am and checked into the ride. Broke down before we could ride. No estimated wait time. People started bailing. If you give up and leave, you cannot come back and cannot get another VQ at 1:00pm. They do not clarify this well and we had to ask several CMs for an answer. We said we would give it an hour. Finally opened back up after 56 minutes. Glad we didn't give up! It was a good ride but next time we probably wouldn't wait that long for it. Good luck to all who try!

On Friday we got group 5 and rode basically right away.

On Saturday we got group 25 - got called at 8:30 - ride went down. I think it came up by about noon? We had left the park - we went back at 5:20…..we waited over 45 mins to board. The queue was filled and we moved so slowly. I wish they had posted the wait time at the front before scanning in. Wasn’t super thrilled to wait that long (but was by far - almost double - the longest line we waited in over our 6 park days!) such an awesome ride, and really fantastic trip! Good luck to those trying the VQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter