Split stay how are groceries handled?

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
Hi

I have a 2 bedroom booked for 6 people for 8 nights . I'm pondering our options if we end up moving to another resort for part of the stay . Most likely we would have some items in the fridge. Anyone ever have to move groceries?

Yes
You would have to pack them up well and either take them to Bell Services or call Bell SErvices to pick them up (Tip for sure). Clearly mark what needs refrigeration. They will store it cold for you. Or you could move it yourself to the second Resort and again, clearly labelled refrigeration items will be kept cold. In both cases call when you are in the new room and they will be delivered to you.

Its ultimately your responsibility - Disney doesn't recognize "split stays" to them it looks like two completely separate reservations.

Bell services will move your bags (including groceries) for you but you have to make the arrangements and it can take most of the day since they aim to get the bags to the new resort after check in time. Label everything and pack it for the move - consider a soft sided cooler for perishables.

We have had excellent service when moving bags between WDW resorts but we have never moved groceries.

We’ve moved groceries doing a split stay. Bell Services will transfer them just like regular luggage to your second resort. Make sure you identify to the person helping you (either collecting your luggage from your room or when you drop off to the desk) which bag(s) need(s) to be kept refrigerated. My experience is that everything has been kept adequately refrigerated; however, the luggage can be kept on a truck for a while while things are transferred between resorts. I doubt the truck they use for luggage transfer has a way of keeping things refrigerated. If you’re concerned about this, you should move things between resorts yourself. If your second room isn’t ready when you arrive, Bell Services can refrigerate for you. I’ve never had problems with our refrigerated items staying adequately refrigerated when using the luggage transfer service, but in the summer, I always move the luggage myself so that refrigerated foods stay fresh.

We’ve moved groceries during a split stay as well. When they brought up our luggage at the second resort, they didn’t bring the groceries with them. They ended up doing some hunting around and realized the groceries had never been moved with our luggage from the first resort and were still in cold storage there. Before they found our stuff, they told us they would give us a gift card to replace the lost items if they didn’t turn up. From start to finish when our groceries were delivered to us took little more than an hour even with the mix up.

We did it once from CSR to AKL. Part of the groceries did not show up, and AKL was nice enough to tell us to replace what we were missing as best we could from their store and they covered the cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter