Split between two resorts

skwak77

Earning My Ears
We are thinking if splitting resorts on our stay in Jan 2014. Has anyone tried this before? Was it a hassle or worth the hassle. We are thinking of staying at BC the first half and Poly or Contemp the other half. His way we can plan Epcot/hollywood first half of visit to take advantage of transportation and MK second half. What do u think?

There are many people who do split stays, we have only done it a couple of times and I personally like to stay in one resort. It really depends on how long your stay is going to be. That being said, I would pick the CR over the Poly, just a personal preference and the BC is a great choice you will love it. Have a great trip!

We've done it twice and hoping for a third in October,

We do it because sometimes we can decide between two or can't afford one the entire time. When we have done a split stay it was during a 10+ day stay. In my opinion, not worth it I'm shorter trips.

We so split stays on longer trips. I go with my adult daughter, so I only have to pack for me. If I had young kids I had to pack for, I don't know if I would.

If you don't want the dining plan, it's easy to do. Just book your first room with length of stay tickets, and second resort room only. Or book both as room only and buy your tickets with Undercover Tourist.

On moving day you can have Disney transfer your luggage or take your luggage and your self by cab to new resort.

I do it almost every vacation now. I am a light packer and can easily live out of a suitcase. I transfer my luggage via cab so that I know where it's at.

I usually do a 4/4 split but I could easily do it on a shorter stay also.

DH and I like to do split stays all the time. We just came back from a split stay last month and we'll be doing another split stay for our 12 day WDW trip next April/May. Our two favorites (and home resorts) are AKV and VWL and split quite often at those two, but we've done other split stays with different resorts as well. As long as you don't mind repacking and moving, it's no trouble for us to move half way through a trip at all. I think staying at more than one resort per trip makes it more fun.

DW and I love split stays. It's like getting two vacations in one! Your plan to stay at an EPCOT resort, then transfer to a MK resort is perfect. The Poly is our all-time favorite, however, there are strong rumors of DVC construction going on at the Poly during your time frame, so consider that before choosing between Poly and CR.

We do split stays on our 2 week trips - we wouldn't do it for a 1 week trip. We also have our own car so we do the luggage transfer ourselves.

We do split stays almost every trip! It's easy. The hotel will move your luggage for you. We usually have a car and move ours ourselves. I think you have a good plan with the BC for the first half and then the Poly or CR for the second half. I would pick the CR. There will be a lot of construction going on at the Poly in 2014.

We're just not resort type movers ... Did one split, cured us...

We like to unload, put away groceries and beverages and not think about packing up until its time to go home...

Doing it to be closer to parks, eh, parks are just a bus ride away, super cold bus ride is part if our vacation and adventure... So I see no convenience in resorts closer to each park ...

If its your thing, go for it... But for us that moving day, no natter convenient others say) is a lost day for us...

We seem to do it each time now. It's so easy, and we love staying at a deluxe the first few nights - taking it easy, having pool days, etc. Then for park going days, we stay at Pop...no sense in spending $$$ on a room/resort that you are there only for sleep and shower!

It's SO easy. We pack one small suitcase to get us through the first few days. Then, on checkout day, we go checkout, DH takes a cab with our luggage to our new resort. The kids and I get on a bus to the park of the day. He checks us in/gets tickets, stores our luggage and then hops a bus there for the park. Last trip he was hopping a bus at CSR after cab/check in...at the same time the bus was picking me and the kids up at AKL. It's fast, convenient, and easy.

Cab ride was super cheap, too. You can let WDW do it all, but one of us would still need to get over to the new resort to check in/get tickets, so cab is easier...might as well bring luggage along!

Thanks everyone for the input. Having children makes choosing a resort much more important. We have done POR, Poly,and BW and have learned transportation is a priority
As well. Staying at the Poly was very convenient eating at other restaurants and visiting MK and Epcot. BW was awesome location for HS and Epcot. Depending on the bus and bus ride is our least favorite thing about disney. We usually do Chef Mickey, O Hana, and 1900 park fare . Staying on a monorail makes it very easy to get from point A to B. We tried go to O Hana from BW last visit and it was a nightmare. We just ended up getting a cab after waiting for 15min for the bus to take us to MK yo transfer boat or monorail to OHana I think we have decided BC and CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter