SpinDisc's Ultimate PJ (Proposal - pg 1, Wedding - pg 16)

Oh I'm so glad you started a PJ!!! If you can, please remind when your wedding date is? I see your honeymoon is in August so it's not too far off! I was told by a friend to register for stuff you want not just practicle things. She said all she did was register for was practicle things and didn't have anything fun. I haven't done it yet and still don't know if I am but if it gets her off my back it just might be worth it!!!

Can't wait to hear more of your story!!

Hey IndyBride! My wedding date is July 31st, 2009. And thanks for the tips about registering - sounds like good advice to me! :)

Oh, yeah - and here's what our Save The Date's look like:
FullStripWeb.jpg

What do you all think? Going off the photobooth theme, we've also booked a photobooth for our reception as well. Should be fun!

Off to bed :surfweb: g'night!
Brian

OMG they are sooo cool! Did you take them in a normal photo booth? I love them!

Aww! I love you STD's! That's so awesome!!
Congratulations!

About the registry, I agree. Only things you really want. If you don't think you will use it, don't register for it. DH and I had a fairly short registry, but we ended up getting all but about five things! This way, instead of getting three sets of tubberware, a mixer, and a blender, our cabinets will only be filled with things we really wanted! Not just things we felt like we should register for!

Your Save the Dates are great! Such a creative idea! You guys are doing well on having so much planned already! Before DF and I decided on Disney we were considering the Patrick Haley Mansion. It is absolutely gorgeous! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more of your plans! :thumbsup2

LOVE your STD's!!!! (I feel like I should say Save the Date's, just incase someone doesn't know what I am talking about. LOL......)

That is a great idea to have a photobooth there. Wish I went to a wedding that had that!!!

Your reception site is BREATHTAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

The STD's are great!! A really cute, creative idea! I can already tell your wedding is going to be awesome!

The STDs turned out great! I'm sure your guests will love the photobooth at the reception too, I've heard those are always a hit!

OMG they are sooo cool! Did you take them in a normal photo booth? I love them!

Thanks, topsy! No, we didn't take them in a normal photobooth. We actually took them in my basement. I hung a curtain in a small walkway, and we sat on little stools. My sister took the pics with my camera & i photoshopped them to look like a photobooth. Thanks for the compliment, though! ;)

Aww! I love you STD's! That's so awesome!!
Congratulations!

About the registry, I agree. Only things you really want. If you don't think you will use it, don't register for it. DH and I had a fairly short registry, but we ended up getting all but about five things! This way, instead of getting three sets of tubberware, a mixer, and a blender, our cabinets will only be filled with things we really wanted! Not just things we felt like we should register for!

Good call about the registry, jessesgirl. However, since we both still live at home, we're finding there's a lot we "need" :eek: but it's been a fun process :)

Your Save the Dates are great! Such a creative idea! You guys are doing well on having so much planned already! Before DF and I decided on Disney we were considering the Patrick Haley Mansion. It is absolutely gorgeous! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more of your plans! :thumbsup2

Thanks, disneygal. Yeah, Patrick Haley is no Disney, but it is amazing!! I try to drive by it as much as possible!

LOVE your STD's!!!! (I feel like I should say Save the Date's, just incase someone doesn't know what I am talking about. LOL......)

That is a great idea to have a photobooth there. Wish I went to a wedding that had that!!!

jackdis, I agree with you about the Save The Date's. Every time I go to say STDs I feel like people are gonna give me the stink eye. :lmao:

The STD's are great!! A really cute, creative idea! I can already tell your wedding is going to be awesome!

Thanks, IndyBride! Yeah, we're hoping it'll be awesome - at least we think it is (and a few of you too) ;)

BTW, I love the photos in your signature! They look like they're from an ad campaign - very professional and great lighting!! You both look really happy! :)

The STDs turned out great! I'm sure your guests will love the photobooth at the reception too, I've heard those are always a hit!

Thanks, figmentfan! We're really looking forward to having the photobooth - I'll let you all know how it works out.

Love your story! So cute! Love the Save the Dates, too. Just perfect!

:) Thank you, Raspberry Bubbles! I love getting new posts from people not already on the thread. :)

Another quick post, before I go to bed..here's photos of the t-shirt I'm giving her right after I ask her (it'll be ironed & the name won't be photoshop'd out :rotfl: ).

]

May I asked where you had your shirt made? I am proposing to my GF on Nov 21st at DLR and I would LOVE to give her something like that to wear the rest of our trip...Any help would be great appreciated! Thanks!

May I asked where you had your shirt made? I am proposing to my GF on Nov 21st at DLR and I would LOVE to give her something like that to wear the rest of our trip...Any help would be great appreciated! Thanks!

Hey GHII! I actually designed them myself and ordered them from CafePress. If you'd like I can update the design for you and put it up in my store. By store it just means that you can order it for yourself - I make no money from the store because I don't charge anything extra. Or, if you want to create your own CafePress store, I can just e-mail you the design files. Just PM me ASAP if you're interested.

Thanks - and good luck!!
Spin

Hey Spin-
Hope your doing well! I know I told you already, but I love those STD's!!!

Anyway, about the registry. Jesse and I both lived at home. He had been in the military, but he really had nothing for a house. What I was attempting to say was that we registered for things we knew we would need immediately. Appliances we would really use, instead of ones that would collect dust in our cabinets. Make sense? Like, we registered for a mixer, because I bake alot, but left of the blender and toaster, because we wouldn't really use alot. That way, people only could buy stuff we would use, and we wouldn't have to spend alot of money on appliances when we move in!
But, If you do want everything.. ignore me! That's just what we did, and I found it really helpful. My sister's baby registry was about 5 pages long, and she ended up with all "cutesie" stuff and had to go buy alot before the baby was born!

So Good Luck!! Hope you have some more updates soon!!!

Hey Spin-
Hope your doing well! I know I told you already, but I love those STD's!!!

Anyway, about the registry. Jesse and I both lived at home. He had been in the military, but he really had nothing for a house. What I was attempting to say was that we registered for things we knew we would need immediately. Appliances we would really use, instead of ones that would collect dust in our cabinets. Make sense? Like, we registered for a mixer, because I bake alot, but left of the blender and toaster, because we wouldn't really use alot. That way, people only could buy stuff we would use, and we wouldn't have to spend alot of money on appliances when we move in!
But, If you do want everything.. ignore me! That's just what we did, and I found it really helpful. My sister's baby registry was about 5 pages long, and she ended up with all "cutesie" stuff and had to go buy alot before the baby was born!

So Good Luck!! Hope you have some more updates soon!!!

Hey jessesgirl! You know, it's funny you should mention all of that. We were just talking yesterday and my fiance and I agreed that we got a little carried away with what we though we "needed". :upsidedow Needless to say, we're going to go back and prune our list a little..because while it would be nice to have a waffle iron & slow cooker, the reality is we might use them once in our first few years of marriage. So our list will be down to what we need, along with thing we want and will use. Otherwise, seeing that we're from Chicago, we're hoping the good ole tradition of giving money as a gift comes through too! Thanks for reinforcing our thoughts, though - it makes me feel better about the direction of our registry :)

Hey Shipmate,

I just read your thread and you did a great job. Enjoy your day this coming Friday. Kim and I are looking forward to sharing wedding stories on the "Magic" as you two Disneymoon and we relax after giving our daughter away last Saturday.

After reading the thread it is like we already know you and Danielle.

Dave

Me too! I'm sure my employer *doesn't mind* that I spent the better part of the last hour reading about your proposal! :rotfl2:

See you guys on Saturday!!

why pack when I can be swept off my feet. (I actually did the proposing in this family, so I have to live vicariously!)

May Friday be all you've worked for, and may Saturday be relaxing!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts