Speculation on POFQ/POR

jaysue

DIS Veteran
With POFQ closing for "renovations", will the boat and bus transportation at POR be impacted for the better or worse or not at all?

Thanks
Jason

FQ is closing for renovations?? It was just closed last year! I personally haven't heard anything like this, but... should it be true, bus service will travel to Riverside just like normal... will run just as usual.

Port Orleans to undergo extensive renovations!

Port Orleans Resort will undergo an extensive room renovation that will take approximately 2 years to complete. The French Quarter rooms will be done first and the entire resort will be closed during this time. The rooms will get all new furniture, carpet, bathrooms and wall coverings.

Effective today (April 4) no reservations will be taken for the resort.

Disney will be contacting guests who currently have reservations at the French Quarter to move them to another moderate resort. More details as they become available.

http://www.wdwig.com/hnews.htm

Tyler-
Who said you could take even 1 day off? LOL! J/K! Glad you had some time off but indeed POFQ is closed for rehab starting in early May. The story was reported today in the Orlando Sentinel and there was lots of speculation about it starting last nite here and on other sites.

Originally posted by welovedis
Tyler-
Who said you could take even 1 day off? LOL! J/K! Glad you had some time off but indeed POFQ is closed for rehab starting in early May. The story was reported today in the Orlando Sentinel and there was lots of speculation about it starting last nite here and on other sites.

I asked one of my friends who works at Port Orleans... for some reason, I was told it would be Riverside that would be closing... hrmm... *shrugs*

Hmm, interesting! I guess we'll have to wait and see. Some people of the resorts board have called the CRO and mostly been told that they can change their ressie or wait for the appropriate CMs to call them back.

We're going on 5/17 and I'm just going to wait and see what they say when the call comes.

BTW-Here's the link to the INTERCOT board where I heard about this and 1/2 way down the page is the Sentinel story:
http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003752

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter