"Special" things to do on the strip?

TinkBride

I am pro Spaceship Earth wand. I am anti candy/cak
DH and I have 3 full days in Vegas. On Day 1 we plan on walking one side of the strip, Day 2, walking the other side of the strip, and Day 3 going to Hoover Dam during the day and Fremont street at night.

My question is what special things are there to do within the hotels? For example things like the Dolphin thing at the Mirage, or Madame Tussaud's (sp?), or the Lion Habitat, etc.

Of those things, which would you say are worth the price? Obviously, we plan on gambling as we go, but we also want to do some other fun things along the way. (Not so much shows, more like "experiences" for lack of a better word.)

We also plan on seeing the Bellagio Fountains, the Mirage Volcano, and Sirens of TI as we stroll along.

And - on the day where we are driving to Hoover Dam, are there any sites, places, etc. worth stopping on the way back to Vegas?

The Mgm has the lion habitat which is free. They have the lions in there. They arrive daily at 11 am. Take all the pics you want. Bellagio has a huge chocolate fountain, with the bakery right there it is good. They have the conservatory with the flowers and they change it up.

Ceasars has alot of shopping. The venetian has alot of shopping as well as the gondola ride inside and outside. The fashion show mall which is huge. The strastosphere is neat. You can go to the top it does cost ( I think 16 dollars per person) they have the rides you can do or just watch and a nice view of Lasvegas. You can ride to the top of the Eiffle tower, or you can go to the resturant at the top and have a drink and enjoy the view.

So much to see and do. Just remember things may look close but they are really not. You can ride the Duece bus for 7 dollars for 24 hrs. It goes up and down the strip. Planet hollywood you have the Miracle Mile shops. They also have the The earl of sandwhich. Yummy!

I'm currently doing a PTR for DL and Vegas. Just finished the vegas portion of my trip planning. I'm traveling with kids however and we plan on going to Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay, Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage, seeing the fountains at the Bellagio and possibly going to the Adventure Dome at circus circus.

What hotel are you staying at? Most of the hotels have some amazing pools too. You could easily spend 1/2 the day just hanging out there.

I just posted a few pictures from my last vegas vacation on my PTR if you're intrested.

Whatever you decide to do, it'll be a blast. I didn't know about the $1 margarittas, so I just learned something too. That sounds amazing. ;)

Anyone doing vegas on a budget and wanting to stay on the strip needs to know about Sandwich of Earl.... Their breakfast sandwiches are the best thing ever and their other sandwiches are just pretty darn good and cheap. 5.99 for a quiznos size sandwich is pretty cheap in vegas.

Another vote for going to Sandwich of Earl - great food and good prices!:yay:

I didn't see if anyone suggested the M & M Place - good to take kids to

I would recommend if you have the time one night to ride to the top of the Eiffel Tower at Paris. The views are amazing and if you time it right you can see the fountain show at the Bellagio from the top of the tower. It can be crowded at night and you may find a little wait. I was there 2 weeks ago and it was 45 minutes at around 10PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter