Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!

WDWKOOK said:
Oh, I feel sad, I hate last days at WDW:(. But, you live so close, I know you'll be back real soon:goodvibes. Have a safe trip home and how did that homework go?

It's weird not having another trip booked, it makes me even sadder than usual to leave today.

Oh and they got in a whopping 20 min of homework yesterday....bad mommy!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's weird not having another trip booked, it makes me even sadder than usual to leave today.

Safe travels home later Melissa :hug:

It IS hard not having another trip plan....but we can help you with that tomorrow ;)

Bad mommy...how about bestest Mommy ever!!!! I would love to do HW at the CR :goodvibes

Maybe you should reconsider April....:rolleyes1

Sad for your last day :sad2:

Safe travels home. :goodvibes

No way we will be back in April, I got DH to take my bday off (the Friday of Memorial Day wknd) to go to my parents new house on the west coast of FL. Then in July we are going back to spend a few nights at their place again before we switch to the beach condo for a week, so we will be gone for 12 days! Need to save my pennies :)

Sarah and I FINALLY made it to the Beauty and the Beast show, she has never been and our timing has been off whenever we are here at DHS. We are waiting for it to start, I can't wait to see her face :)

No way we will be back in April, I got DH to take my bday off (the Friday of Memorial Day wknd) to go to my parents new house on the west coast of FL. Then in July we are going back to spend a few nights at their place again before we switch to the beach condo for a week, so we will be gone for 12 days! Need to save my pennies :)

Sarah and I FINALLY made it to the Beauty and the Beast show, she has never been and our timing has been off whenever we are here at DHS. We are waiting for it to start, I can't wait to see her face :)

I can't wait to hear what y'all thought of it. I can never get my boys to go to it because they say it's "too girly". The only shows I can get my three guys to go to is the Indy and Light, Motors, Action shows.

I know I'm 2 days behind on updates. Hopefully tomorrow between grocery shopping and laundry and the rest of the unpacking I will get all my thoughts typed out.

Hi Melissa!

Sorry that your trip is over. :( but the best way to cure those Disney blues is having another trip to plan ... so we all will have to work on that ::yes::

First stop at AK was, can you guess? Yep, Expedition everest! Got in a few more rides and then headed to the safari. The lions were out walking around which was very cool as they are usually just laying down. We grabbed dinner at Pizzafari so the kids could have GF pizza before heading back to the CR to watch Frankenweenie.

Love EE! :thumbsup2 (and AK in general). Nice that the lions were out. Had lunch once at Pizzafari (that's when FTBBQ was closed)... it was good, just too hard for us to pass up FTB. :)

Love all your food pix.... we have never eaten at LTT, and you have certainly made me want to! Will have to find a way to in August or November. :)

Janet - DS LOVED ToT, but DD, not so much :( I still can't figure out why I never went on before as I am a total thrill seeker when it come to rides. DH said he thinks I was either pregnant or had little kids and just never made it on. I am glad Magic and Linda took you on again :)

Jeanette - I am starting to feel the same way with sleep but it isn't even because I'm working, I just can't sleep :(

Miss - those were donuts and a cupcake from Babycakes, kiddos love them!!! LOL on TT and riding in mommy's car. It made DD sick a few years back so she doesn't want to go back on and DH told her they go a lot faster on his car ;) oh and we love the walkway to MK, so much better than taking the monorail and having to stop at TTC, Poly and GF before finally arriving at MK. But coming from MK we hop on the monorail as CR is the first stop.

KOOK - I have definitely gotten some dirty looks (mostly from DH) about the food pics, lol! We saw the steak in LI advertised but weren't brave enough to try it.

I liked the new TT, maybe because DS was so excited about it. I didn't really mind the changes but I know some people are very disappointed.

Definitely have Magic and Linda along helped me on ToT, and I'm actually having fun now it! And Linda and I liked the new TT as well. :cool1:

:lmao: Janet is on it...she does that with me too..she can "sense" an impending RC :rolleyes2

Poor DH says I sleep too much...but he forgets when he is not there I AM AWAKE ...sorry vent :hug:

You can always vent to us Pas :hug:

I love the movies by the beach by the beach then wishes :wizard: Now I wanna stay at CR :faint:

Pas... after seeing Melissa's pix (and Kook's new thread) I can understand the mental RCing....:goodvibes

Bad mommy...how about bestest Mommy ever!!!! I would love to do HW at the CR :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Melissa, we love Beauty & the Beast, it's always a must-do for us... we really enjoyed all the shows (Disney does a great job with them). Hope you all like it!! :goodvibes

Don't feel bad for not updating Melissa! We are just glad you shared with us!:goodvibes Hope your laundry day isn't going to be too crazy!:laundy:

I know I'm 2 days behind on updates. Hopefully tomorrow between grocery shopping and laundry and the rest of the unpacking I will get all my thoughts typed out.

No worries. :hug: It was more important you spent time with your cuties than updating us here.

So grocery shopping and laundry is on hold for a bit. I decided since I made it through 5 days of walking the parks with no pain or complications it was time to get back to the gym. I haven't been since my medical complication last fall. Between surgery and life stressors I managed to gain another 10 pounds, on top of the 20 extra I already had on me. Thankfully I didn't gain anymore at Disney ;) so this morning is about me and everything else can wait!! (Including the trip report, lol)!!!

So grocery shopping and laundry is on hold for a bit. I decided since I made it through 5 days of walking the parks with no pain or complications it was time to get back to the gym. I haven't been since my medical complication last fall. Between surgery and life stressors I managed to gain another 10 pounds, on top of the 20 extra I already had on me. Thankfully I didn't gain anymore at Disney ;) so this morning is about me and everything else can wait!! (Including the trip report, lol)!!!

Melissa, you so deserve some "me" time! :hug: We'll be here waiting.... where are we going anyway? :)

BTW, I thought you looked great when we met last month :goodvibes

I need to get my rear up and walking/jogging some before our September trip.

Have a good morning!!

:hug:

You can always vent to us Pas :hug:

Pas... after seeing Melissa's pix (and Kook's new thread) I can understand the mental RCing....:goodvibes
:hug: I know ...I want to live on that balcony :cloud9:

:hug: Take it easy first day back at the Gym Melissa!!!

A bittersweet "Welcome Home"... though nothing's planned, rest assured you'll be headed back to the House of Mouse. :hug: Thanks for those gorgeous pics! :goodvibes You spoiled me, my friend.

Why is it that it never twigged with me that you could see the fireworks from the Contemporary beach? Considering you can get TP view, my brain is clearly faulty. :crazy2:

Torture ... uh, I mean "gym" sessions are some sort of sick self-inflicted pain. Speaking of, my next day is Wednesday. I'm in for it. :headache:

Okay, GF brownies are in the oven so going to catch up on comments then finally continue on with the trip report.

KOOK - I kept meaning to reply to the route from Boca comment, it is exactly the route from Boca, as that is where I live :goodvibes Next time you are here you need to let me know ::yes::

Miss - you asked about the noise level, and it really isn't bad. Don't get me wrong, a screaming child's voice carries right up from the main concourse, but unless you are standing near the door you really don't hear much.

Jeanette - sorry you have such early birds :sad2: I got really lucky that they both started sleeping in at the same time, my life changed forever :lmao: Oh you asked about Babycakes, it is in DTD and is actually a corner in the Pollo Campero/Bodies restaurant (where McDonalds used to be).

Wookie - Sarah and I went by ourselves to the B&B show, they boys wanted nothing to do with it.

Janet - I really love all the shows as well, but my crew just doesn't care for them, so I dont get to seem them anymore :sad2: I was happy when DD finally agreed to go to B&B!

Okay I think I got most of you :grouphug:

Okay, GF brownies are in the oven so going to catch up on comments then finally continue on with the trip report.

ooo, I wanna be at your house!!

Wookie - Sarah and I went by ourselves to the B&B show, they boys wanted nothing to do with it.

Okay I think I got most of you :grouphug:

Ah. Well I'm the only girl in the family, so no one to watch it with. :sad1:

ARGH, JUST LOST EVERYTHING I TYPED :sad: :headache:

So Saturday, yes, start off at AK, ride EE, Primeval Whirl, look at some animals and head to the safari, FP line out of the queue, wrapped up the road. DS starts to melt down as he knows the FP line is just too long for him, so we tell him not to worry we will just come back latter. The parks were really a zoo with cheerleaders and BTGs everywhere, so I decided to check the crowd levels again before heading to DHS. It looked like DHS was going to be just as crazy so we decided to head to Epcot instead. Everyone was getting hungry for lunch so I pulled the GF menus at Epcot and decided that a sit down at Coral Reef would be best if we could get it. I tried on the My Disney Experience app and got so frustrated that I just called dining reservations while we were waiting for the bus. As luck would have it, I was able to get a 2:05pm reservation, it was now 1pm and we were just leaving AK, so I figured that was perfect!

After a ride on Soarin we headed over to Coral Reef. We had never eaten there, but DS always thought the concept was neat, so I was glad we were able to get an impromptu lunch in. Our waiter Joe was phenomenal, when DH asked about the lobster soup, Joe said it really isn't consistent and some days it is better than others, so he offered to get DH a taste so he could make up his own mind. It really wasn't that good :sad2: so I am glad we got to taste it before we ordered it.

The kids got some yummy GF bread to start

The chef made a bit nervous when I asked for the GF pizza and mac and cheese and he said he didn't think he had them :eek: But he came back from the kitchen than thankfully did. So once again the kids had the all exciting pizza and mac and cheese ;)

DH and I shared the Lobster Orecchiette

And the Seared Chicken Breast with Spaetzle

I thoroughly enjoyed them both, but DH once again wasn't impressed.

We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening on TT and MS, and then started an Agent P mission. The mission took forever and everyone was getting cranky, including me :guilty: We decided it was time to head back to the room and get sweatshirts and something to eat before we continued on with our night.

We planned on heading back to MK after dinner, but by the time we ate it was 8:30pm and DH was wiped. I looked up the wait times and Space Mtn was at 120 min and Thunder Mtn was at 85 min, so we knew it was a zoo. We decided on a little bit of homework, then watch Wishes at 9pm from the balcony then head back down to Contempo Cafe for ice cream and call it a night. DD was not happy with us, but she was out numbered :rolleyes:

Getting back to dinner, we decided to stop at Contempo Cafe and grab some food to bring back to the room.

I convinced the kids to try the chicken tenders again and they devoured them!

Here is what was left of DD's half of the adult portion we ordered for them to share (knowing we were going to have ice cream too)

DH had the Italian stacked sandwich

I had the Marinated Beef Flatbread

IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!

Calling it a night, will finish up tomorrow :goodvibes

Before I forget we had room 4547 if anyone gets the CR TPV bug :lmao:

Jeanette - sorry you have such early birds :sad2: I got really lucky that they both started sleeping in at the same time, my life changed forever :lmao: Oh you asked about Babycakes, it is in DTD and is actually a corner in the Pollo Campero/Bodies restaurant (where McDonalds used to be).
I HAVE to check out Babycakes...perhaps the first night we should do POR....hmmmm or if I add on a night :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!